Justgrad25 31-Oct-16
Rut Nut 31-Oct-16
Flintknocker 14-Nov-16
Rut Nut 14-Nov-16
Ben Farmer 15-Nov-16
26-Oct-16

Ben Farmer's embedded Photo
Ben Farmer's embedded Photo
My 8 year old daughter got her first deer yesterday evening. She made a perfect shot at 23 yards with her X-bow. I couldn't be more proud! She put a lot of time in this summer practicing and it payed off for her. She can't wait to get out after a buck now!!??

26-Oct-16
Sweet

26-Oct-16
Don't expect any replies, they frown on crossbows here, well the morons anyway. Congrats to your daughter , you have raised her well and should be very proud. another recruit to the hunting community. She hopefully will get that buck this year too.

26-Oct-16
Congratulations Ben. That's great! The smile says it all.

26-Oct-16
Thanks guys!

Yes Jackal, I've been coming on this site a long time. That's why the "warning" in the thread title. That way the haters can just scroll on by. :)

26-Oct-16
Congrats!! Backstraps for dinner!

26-Oct-16
Congrats to the young hunter!(and Dad! ;-) LOVE to see pics like this! As Steke said- that big smile is the best part! :)

Something tells me as soon as that young girl gets stronger, she will be using a "vertical" bow! ;-)

What is your daughter's name Ben?

26-Oct-16
Congrats to the young hunter. You now have a hunting partner for life.

26-Oct-16
Nice Ben!

26-Oct-16
Rut, her name is Peyton and yes she already has a little vertical bow she shoots out in the yard with me:)

26-Oct-16
Well tell Peyton we all said CONGRATS!(and keep up the good work! :) She is a "cutie!" That's cool, but I meant HUNTING with a vertical bow!

26-Oct-16
Congrats to her awesome job Most people understand about crossbows now. I was a die hard compound shooter for thirty years and now rely on crossbow this year due to bad shoulders. So whats the big deal, your outdoors with your kid and reaping the reward. Again awesome job Rick

26-Oct-16
Congratulations to your daughter and to you! No better feeling than when your kid has success.

26-Oct-16
great picture! Congratulations to your daughter.

26-Oct-16
Good for her, you should be proud. Congrats.

27-Oct-16
Way to go Peyton! Nothing like the feeling of your first deer. Congrats!

27-Oct-16
Awesome, Ben. Congratulations to her and dad.

27-Oct-16
Congrats to you and your daughter!

27-Oct-16
Congrats Peyton, and congrats to the proud Dad! Now go get that Buck!

27-Oct-16
Peyton wanted me to tell you all that she says Thank you!! I can't wait to get her back out again!!

Thanks again for the congrat!

Ben

27-Oct-16
Congrats Peyton! Trying to do the same with my 10 yr old daughter and 8 yr old son but with each in 3 sports apiece, it is tough. Haven't been out with them yet. Soccer and v-ball last night, dek hockey tonight, tomorrow and Saturday mid day, soccer sat. 8 am, flag football Sat. late morning... Sat. afternoon might be my first sit with one of them.

Keep it up Peyton and I'll keep checking the boards for that first buck picture!

27-Oct-16
Congrats Peyton (and Dad)! Hopefully this is just one of many happy hunting memories to come.

27-Oct-16
Way to go, my 8 year old loves sitting in a ground blind with me. She has the best attitude and still hasn't seen a deer after many hunts over two years and she still loves it. Her attitude and willingness to see the "other" side of hunting, sitting quiet, disconnecting from the Ipad, Looking at Wooly Buggers and birds and drawing with pencil and paper for a couple hours makes me think she will embrace this life style and it will benefit her. xbows are awesome!!!! WAY TO GO DAD!!!!!

27-Oct-16
Congrats Peyton! Now its time to your Dad up on the buck pole! Nice job Ben.

27-Oct-16
Awesome, congrats to you both!!!!

28-Oct-16
Congrats to little 8 year old Peyton. You have got to be just tickled dude

28-Oct-16
Congrats to Peyton & dad!! Smilin' here....

28-Oct-16
Congratulations, Peyton! Way to go, Ben! You're raising that girl right! ;-)

30-Oct-16
I would hope you wouldn't hear any negative comments about kids using xbows from guys on this page. I did the same with my son, and as soon as he was able to draw enough poundage to shoot a deer with a compound, he converted to a Mission. I looked at the xbow like " training wheels" for a future bowhunter. Using a xbow got him out in the woods, learning about wind direction, etc ... and getting him hooked on bowhunting. Tell her to keep shootin' !!!

30-Oct-16
Nice job dad! When are you heading to Ohio?

30-Oct-16
Thanks again everyone!!

Smoke, I agree 100%. The look on her face and the excitement in her voice when she made the shot was priceless!! I have to admit, I use to hate X-bows but sure am glad they are legal now! This season will go down as my best season yet even I don't get to release a arrow myself!

Bob, don't know if I'll be hunting Ohio this year. We lost the properties that we been hunting out there. My cousins buddy got divorced from the farmers sister, don't think he likes my cousin much now either! :>) I'm on vacation from November 1st through the 12th. If I should tag out here in the next 4 or 5 days or so, I'll head out there to hunt the public ground. If not, looks like I'll be missing Ohio for the first time since 1997!! Oh well, like they say, all good things must come to a end :(

30-Oct-16
Congrats to your daughter, Ben. Love that smile.

Smoke, the crossbow doesn't get them out into the woods, dads do. My kids each started shooting longbows and going with me to the woods when they were 4 years old, now in their 20's, never shot crossbows, just sayin :^/

31-Oct-16
Had a decent thread going and then there was Jeff....can't you just let it be?

31-Oct-16
LOL! DId you expect anything less Justin???!!! ;-)

14-Nov-16
Ben, Simply awesome. Nothing more. I have ALWAYS said that with the distractions of the modern age if kids weren't snagged with the outdoors by the time they were 7 or 8 it wasn't going to happen. Also have always said if you don't have a kid or two ready at yer elbow...borrow a couple.

and if you do take on the huge responsibility of introducing young folks to your passions, for God's sake set your own aspirations aside. It's all about them:)

Congrats, Ben Farmer. Hope, and pretty sure the warm glow will last a very long time.

14-Nov-16
Well Said Ed! : )

15-Nov-16
Thanks Ed!

• Sitka Gear