Stekewood 04-Nov-16
horsethief51 04-Nov-16
Ben Farmer 04-Nov-16
bill v 04-Nov-16
horsethief51 04-Nov-16
Ben Farmer 04-Nov-16
DanWesson357 05-Nov-16
28-Oct-16
Yes I've hunted only 1 day :( looks like the activity is really picking up.

28-Oct-16

PAbowhunter1064's embedded Photo
Spending the weekend with my wife in Benezette...we visited the elk visitors center today! Wow! What a beautiful area, and a well deserved break from pursuing whitetails. I'm starting week 5, dreaming about chasing these magnificent creatures someday.

28-Oct-16

Not as impressive, but alive in the hoof! He was grazing on grass 15 yards off the road, so this spike got his picture taken...these elk are huge in person!

28-Oct-16

I forgot to take my binoculars, but a fellow outdoorsman who was better prepared, allowed my wife to take this picture through his spotting scope.

29-Oct-16
Took a couple pictures of button bucks today, one bedded I snuck up on and the other fed past at 30 feet. Then seen a huge 10 point bedded in the early afternoon, rack not huge but the deer was. Plenty close just no arrow opening. Another great day afield!

29-Oct-16
Saw 4 deer this morning. 2 small bucks.

30-Oct-16
Have more scrapes than I can count in my hunting spot but these warm temps are keeping me from seeing anything...or maybe its just me??

30-Oct-16
Been seeing some young bucks running and making alot of scrapes during and after a rain. I'm not impressed with the amount of rubs I'm seeing. But I've seen some really nice bucks.

01-Nov-16
2 bucks chasing a doe this morning.

01-Nov-16
Saw 2 FRESH roadkills on the highway this morning just before 1st light. The cars were on the shoulder waiting for the tow truck. (in 2 different spots) Seems the activity really picked up this week. It's going to be agony waiting til I can get out in my stand(hopefully) Friday! ;-)

01-Nov-16

George D. Stout's embedded Photo
George D. Stout's embedded Photo
My buddy Dick Fuller took this one yesterday afternoon on a ridge behind his house. He saw four bucks. This was on private but open hunting land. One very similar to this was taken on Wills Mountain two years ago...about 4 miles from where this one was taken. Dick used a crossbow. At seventy years old, and after fifteen back and neck operations, and Lyme's Disease, it's all he can handle in archery season.

01-Nov-16
Beautiful, heavy horned buck, congrats to your friend George. Did an all day sit yesterday, saw five bucks including two 2 1/2 year old eight points and about ten does

This is the deepest into the season I can remember, that I haven't even put a slick head in the ice box!

Careful Josh, the elk hunting is addicting!

01-Nov-16
Congrats to your friend George, that's an awesome buck!!!

02-Nov-16
STUD 8 point

02-Nov-16
congrats to your buddy! Slammer 8pt!

02-Nov-16
WOW! That buck has everything! High, wide and heavy! Tell him CONGRATS!

02-Nov-16
Thanks guys, he will appreciate it. It was actually a 9 point as there is a little sticker at the front of his left antler base. You have to look carefully above its left eye to see it. About 20" inside width. We didn't check on the height. He is going to get a head mount.

02-Nov-16
Passed on an unusual little 8 point that chased a doe past my stand this morning. He gave me 2 chances, but just couldn't.

02-Nov-16
That is a dandy buck George. Tell you buddy congrats on that one!

BSked

03-Nov-16
I had bucks all around me last night again here in Bedford County. Great night in the tree. Just have to get it done is all. Lots of activity. Does seem receptive to bucks as well.

That's a dandy buck there for sure.

03-Nov-16
Ya Mike, the wife is yellin' bout the empty freezer.

I'm leaving tomorrow night for a week in Illinois, so my Pa. early archery season is pretty much done. I'm ok with that.... still plenty of time. Me, Smoke and another buddy are taking a disabled hunter out for a six days of bowhunting in west central Illinois. Should be good!

03-Nov-16
Antler restriction's at it's finest... Congrats.

03-Nov-16
Hey Mike... on the public lands I hunt, I see at least double the amount of bucks,as compared to does!!

04-Nov-16
What a buck George! Congratulations to your buddy.

04-Nov-16
Nicest morning to be out so far and I had a doctor's appointment I had to keep because I already missed it once.

04-Nov-16
Seeing little bucks on almost every sit. Little 3 pointer this morning.

04-Nov-16
You Know, you guys talk about not having any down yet, I presume in all your usual areas. I've taken a bunch but, in all the places I don't usually take any, go figure

most of my goto spots, very few.

Bill V

04-Nov-16
Saw the big guy on my way to the blind. Watched 2 bucks sparring just after sunset.

04-Nov-16
Couple small bucks and a doe and fawn this evening

05-Nov-16
Things are heating up. Perfect day in the woods on Friday. Morning sit had 4 different bucks all cruzing. All 4 were legal bucks but I know the big boys is around and will wait for him. Ended up taking a doe around 9:00 AM. A little high with the shot and caught lung and liver. She went about 60 yards and left a blood trail a blind man could follow. Evening hunt. Saw bugs chasing, doe all over a bedding area, also saw a mink hunting mice. Looking forward to what Saturday morning will bring.

• Sitka Gear