wilbur 31-Oct-16
Mad dog 02-Nov-16
Muzzymeat 02-Nov-16
tcosmic 12-Nov-16
CNYBowhunter 09-Dec-16
Mad dog 13-Dec-16
Mad dog 13-Dec-16
30-Oct-16
Has anyone used the new summit climber called the sentry open? Also, any comments regarding the summit viper climber. I am 66 years old and thinking of selling my lone wolf alpha climber for a sit and climb stand.

30-Oct-16
I'm also 66 Merton and I've watched to using ladder stands for 90% of my hunting.

I do still have my API Grand Slam Magnum climber but so far this year I haven't used it.

Good luck, sir!

30-Oct-16
Meet, I had the open shot and sold it to buy a Tree Walker stand. I find the Tree Walker is way more roomy and I can't find any faults with it.

31-Oct-16
Mert, I do not have experience with the Summits but I have a LW sit and climb and although it is quiet and easy to use I don't find it particularly comfortable, especially for an all day sit. This year I bought my first Millennium hang on stand and nothing compares to it for comfort, and it's not too bad to hang. If you have a place where you can set up rapid rails and leave in the receiver bracket, it might be a good compromise between a ladder stand and a climber. If you do go with Millennium, the M100 is the size of a traditional hang on whereas the M150 is quite a bit bigger. Also, the receiver with the strap is easier to use than the one with the chain. Good luck.

31-Oct-16
Get the Summit Goliath SD you wont be disappointed.

02-Nov-16
I wanted the Goliath last yr, but was in a rush and Dicks only had the Summit Viper ?(the aluminum one) . In my second season on it. I wanted the Goliath cuz I'm kind of a stocky guy 5'10 - 220. It's roomy enuff, very safe and easy going up. I tie off all the way up and down. This year I added a bow holder and stabilizer straps from THIRD hand archery. (Great product, service, inexpensive) the straps lock the top and bottom together once in position. What a Difference. Last yr, without it, the top rail could jump if you bumped in to it. My only small complaintown is the plastic stirrups that hold your feet down.. haven't broken yet, but I'd pay more for aluminum ones. Also paint chips off in large swaths. Minor stuff and I AM very rough on things. Mad Dog

02-Nov-16
I am 5'10" 238lbs and love my goliath sd. I did put a slumper seat on it. The seat it comes with is awesome but a pain in the ass to pack out. I only use it for all day sits. I too am waiting for the plastic stirrups to break. After the season is over I will give one to a buddy and have him machine a pair out of aluminum.

12-Nov-16

tcosmic's embedded Photo
tcosmic's embedded Photo
I have a couple but this is my go to at 14lbs. Made by timber tall. go up the tree with no noise. No stirrup. Put your feet in the side frame.

09-Dec-16
I have an older Summit Goliath(sit and climb) it weighs ~23 lbs. but when you've got to go up some of our area's ridges it feel closer to 80 lbs. and it's a great comfortable stand. I probably shouldn't tell you this but I take naps in mine sometimes as it's so freakin comfortable..lol. I've always thought a treestand company would make a mint if they could develop an "all in one" light backpack/ climbing treestand combo. I hunt New York state land sometimes, and once in awhile decide to go way back in, and it'd be nice to have something like that combo to hunt with and having all my stuff in one comfortable carrying backpack that would be awesome. Best Regards, Arrwknker82

13-Dec-16

Mad dog's embedded Photo
Mad dog's embedded Photo
I agree. Naps while hunting are a double edge sword: You're so still and quiet, that when u wake up, they are usually right under you. Composing yourself an getting good shots off ain't easy half asleep. Nailed these two does who woke me up..ha ha. Mad Dog

13-Dec-16

Mad dog's embedded Photo
Mad dog's embedded Photo
I agree. Naps while hunting are a double edge sword: You're so still and quiet, that when u wake up, they are usually right under you. Composing yourself an getting good shots off ain't easy half asleep. Nailed these two does who woke me up..ha ha. Mad Dog

• Sitka Gear