Phil Magistro 01-Nov-16
Bourbonator 01-Nov-16
Dave G. 02-Nov-16
nonrespropownr 02-Nov-16
RC 02-Nov-16
Red Beastmaster 02-Nov-16
Teeton 02-Nov-16
31-Oct-16
saw a fisher while hunting today,anyone know if game commission stocked them in beaver county. 45 years hunting first one i ever saw. also saw a weasel on way in this morning,he let me get to within 10 feet of him. no deer but a pretty cool day.

31-Oct-16
For me, Bow hunting is just as much about seeing the awesome variety of wildlife in Penn's woods as it is seeing and shooting deer. The high lights of my hunts, when not shooting or seeing deer, tend to be birds of prey in action or when they land close. Especially owls. A fisher would certainly be a first and make my day also. Hunters should celebrate our efforts to conserve habitat and allow for increased bio diversity as we pursuit our quarry.

31-Oct-16
i also had a pair of redtail hawks land together ten yards from my treestand,they spent the day terrorising the squirrel population

01-Nov-16
cool. I love seeing the things in nature that you can only see if you're there. I once saw a hawk attack a squirrel but the bushytail fought back. The fight went on and on until the went out of site. Must have lasted 5 minutes. Never did find out who won.

01-Nov-16
I saw two fishers in Bedford County many years ago. Called the PGC and was told they migrated here and weren't stocked.

01-Nov-16
Fishers in Washington County as well this year. I saw a road kill bobcat on highway coming out of Pittsburgh the other day as well.

02-Nov-16
Indiana County's loaded with the darned things. Heck, the first day of trout season, the cricks are full of 'em. :^)

Actually, Pa did stock fishers in the north central part of the state back in the '90's, getting those animals from the New England area. The majority of the fishers that are being trapped, hit by cars, etc. in western PA are coming out of West Virginia according to DNA studies done by IUP. Those researchers are speculating that those West Virginia fishers are doing so well that eventually they'll become the dominate strain in PA.

Several years ago, I watched one chase down a gray squirrel and then meet up with another one. (possibly its mate???) Then a few days later and a couple miles away, I saw another one.

Sure wish they had them down here in the suburbs of Maryland to control those tree rats.

02-Nov-16
Fishers appeared in Huntingdon County a few years back. My brother saw one and I found tracks in the snow. There were also bobcat and coyote tracks in that same area that day. I have nothing against the bobcats and fishers, but would like to get rid of those coyotes.

02-Nov-16
I seen a fisher in Jefferson county last buck season.

02-Nov-16
I watched two young ones playing and rolling down the hill. I was in Somerset co near the Bedford line.

02-Nov-16
Susquehanna and Lackawanna counties in the north east has had them for many years now.

• Sitka Gear