Spider1 17-Nov-16
DanWesson357 17-Nov-16
Rut Nut 17-Nov-16
PAbowhunter1064 17-Nov-16
Ben Farmer 17-Nov-16
mattandersen 17-Nov-16
Dennis Razza 18-Nov-16
05-Nov-16
Hoping to get out tonight..... I'm on vacation but we're going to Seneca Niagara for a couple days. Good Luck gang!

05-Nov-16
Congratulations, Justin! I hope you got some freezer space left!! ;-)

05-Nov-16

PAbowhunter1064's embedded Photo
This morning around 9:35am, my dad took this beautiful 5B 6pt. At about 25 yards, the 100 grain Rage Hypodermic found its mark, and after an effortless blood trail, he was rewarded with this tasty buck!

05-Nov-16

More importantly, I just enjoyed a beautiful morning with dad in the woods. Today was the first morning we got to hunt together, mostly because of our crazy busy schedules. After reflecting on the days events, it reminded me of all our hunts in the past, and how lucky I am to have such a great mentor and father. It's the crisp, sunny, majestic, fall mornings like this, that get us through the other 3 seasons of the year...and memories like this that will stay with us forever.

05-Nov-16
Mike, Good luck to you, my friend! I have no doubts you will be impressed with your results, as well! Looking forward to seeing a pic of you standing over one of those big ole' bucks yer' after!! :-)

05-Nov-16
I did not see a deer today, Uncle Buck ( my brother Bill ) did get a buck on his property.

05-Nov-16
Grandson Tyler and I seen 16 deer today, four were bucks. The temps and ground hunting this morning and they picked us out. Can only hold breath for so long! No monsters and no chasing going on either. Seen a huge scrape last week and a older fellow stand hunting said it was made by a 3 point.

05-Nov-16
Seen a few this evening decided to take a doe for some extra meat for the freezer. Filled my buck tag earlier and a 5c doe tag tonight

05-Nov-16
Saw 6 bucks in all today. Saw several of them at different times through out the day so pretty much had action all day. Just need some of the bigger bucks in the area to do what the little guys were doing today.

Congrats to your dad Pa1064 and also to you Justin on your MD buck!

06-Nov-16

lazer2's embedded Photo
lazer2's embedded Photo
First turkey with a bow. Taken Friday am

06-Nov-16
Congrats to your dad, Josh. Congrats lazer.

06-Nov-16
It's been gorgeous in the woods the last few days. Still not seeing any chasing. Congrats to all those who have had success. I'm jealous of Lazer, however. The only thing that has passed in range has been turkeys, and there is no season here in 5B.

06-Nov-16

DanWesson357's embedded Photo
Saturday Morning was awesome! Buck were chasing and running doe all over the place!!!! I was getting aggressive and hunting what I call the "Inner Sanctum" of the property where I hunt. There were more scraps than I could take the time to count on the travel corridors to and from the sanctum. I could see a nice buck running doe on a far hill about 400 yards away and just hope they would run them close sometime this morning. At about 9:00 I see movement in the bush and shortly after I see horns. Rack looks nice and I watch as this buck destroys a bush about 40 yards out. I grunt at him a few times and he comes right to me. Moment of decision, I KNOW there is a 150+ buck in the area and have been watching him for 2 years, this is NOT him, but he is a big bodied buck and offering a perfect broadside/slightly quartering away shot. I draw, put the pin on him and think again- do I release or let down. I release and am happy with the result. Entrance was high and back considering how close he was but still got both lungs. He went 15-20 yards and crashed in the brush, I heard the gurgle of his last gasps. Side note- I took a lone doe from the outer part of this property on Friday morning and cut out her tarsal glands and used them as a drag and then hung them exactly where I shot this buck. I NEVER use store bought scent but am not opposed to some natural scent. So I get down tag and field dress this buck and as soon as I get him loaded onto my game cart I see a doe in an opening at about 30 yards. I smile and watch her...then as she runs off- there is the big grand daddy 150+ buck chasing her. It was a great morning. No regrets and happy hunting to all the rest of you.

06-Nov-16

MOments after this photo a 150+ buck chases a doe about 30 yards from me.

06-Nov-16

06-Nov-16
Congrats Dan. No regrets on that deer. Hoping the buck survives and is a 170 next year. Sounds like a great morning. BSked

06-Nov-16

06-Nov-16
Very nice, Lazer! Always wanted a turkey with the bow!

Dan, that thing is a beast! You made the same decision I would've, had he been in front of me!

Congratulations, guys!

06-Nov-16
Congrats Dan. You should have no regrets about dropping the string on that guy. Beautiful Buck!

06-Nov-16
Awesome buck Dan, Congrats! Interesting way of attaching your tag. :-)

06-Nov-16
Congratulations.

06-Nov-16
"Interesting way of attaching your tag. :-)" I realized I was out of twist ties/safety pins in my pack so I found some high grass and tried to tie a knot it broke and then I just found a little stick and stuck it in there. Note to self remember more twist ties-I'll get some when I go back to Pittsburgh and buy some Jenny Lee Cinnamon Swirl Bread.

07-Nov-16
Nice deer guys! Nice turkey lazer! Congrats to all that connected!

08-Nov-16
Beautiful buck Dan!! Congrats!

Congrats on the bow bird lazer

12-Nov-16

lazer2's embedded Photo
lazer2's embedded Photo
Down to the wire is right! My hopes weren't high but the stars aligned and it all came together.

12-Nov-16
Congratulations, lazer2! Last minute is better than not at all! Sweet buck!

12-Nov-16
congrats lazer2 last minute is the sweetest of all

12-Nov-16
Congrats lazer2. Looks like the stars and a couple moons aligned. BSked

12-Nov-16
I guess today's the last day of archery deer season? And the last day of my 4 week vacation. I worked in the bow shop most of the day again. Harassed a groundhog with an osage slingshot. Hit him twice. Cleaned the gutters. Didn't 'deer hunt' once this year. I'm so ashamed.

12-Nov-16
For most of the state it is, in the SRA's we still got 2 more glorious weeks.

12-Nov-16
congrats Guys. nice bucks

bill v

13-Nov-16

PTArcher1's embedded Photo
PTArcher1's embedded Photo
Not a monster, but the best deer I had on camera. 11:30 am. 15 yd shot, 40 yd recovery.

13-Nov-16

13-Nov-16
Nice, congrats.

13-Nov-16
I had a very rough ending to the season. Thursday night I sat on stand all day. At 4:30 I hit my grunt call twice and the biggest 10pt. I ever saw in my life blew out of the thick and headed right for my 12 yard shot. This beast had a 24" spread and 12" tines, he had to go 300lbs! Needless to say I lost all my composure, my knees buckled and I started shaking. I shot over his back!!!!!!!!!! Clean miss thank god. I get it out of mind. I didn't pick a spot on the deer and focus, I just shot! Couldn't even hunt on Friday. Last day didn't a see a tail!

13-Nov-16
I don't know if out of state counts. I was in Illinois and connected 11/9/16 on the biggest of my life, He was 240 lb...10 point with split brow tine...gross scored 154 3/8 and was estimated at 6 1/2 years old. he had a 22" outside spread with 5 1/2 " bases...I am still numb and can not believe a guy like could do everything right for one time in my bowhunting .

13-Nov-16
Last day of vacation for me today,killed a doe and an 8 point the last week. Is it october yet.

14-Nov-16
Congrats to all who connected!

Bourbon, they say it's the ones you miss that you remember the most! ;)

14-Nov-16
COngrats guys! Some nice deer!

Bourbonator- don't feel bad! I blew it on a barely legal buck Sat morning! ;-) Thought he was only a 4 pt, but when he got to 15y I suddenly realized he had a very small brow or "kicker" on one side. decided to try to get a shot since I have not had one all season. Of course as soon as I turned slightly he looked right up at me. I FROZE and surprisingly he turned his head enough for me to draw and get off a quick shot. Unfortunately he dropped at the shot and the arrow sailed harmlessly over his back! DOH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :(

15-Nov-16
Congrats Mike and PTA! Great bucks!

Congrats swiggy !! Post some pics!

15-Nov-16

Gonzo's embedded Photo
Shot this doe Saturday morning. It was terrible week with the wind. A buck can't respond if he doesn't hear ya call. That the way it was in the central Pa. mountains.
Gonzo's embedded Photo
Shot this doe Saturday morning. It was terrible week with the wind. A buck can't respond if he doesn't hear ya call. That the way it was in the central Pa. mountains.

15-Nov-16
Ben Farmer..I tried and unsuccessful in posting pics...Illinois Trophy Bowhunters site has a write up with good pics...on left side.

Ken Sweigert

16-Nov-16
Nice doe Gonzo!

16-Nov-16
Nice big doe there Pat- Congrats! I hear ya on the wind! ;-)

16-Nov-16
Awesome deer, Mike. Congrats..

16-Nov-16
Congrats, Treerat, that picture says it all. ??

16-Nov-16
Congrats Mike. Great buck!

17-Nov-16
Great buck Rat! Congrats on the 3 year hunt!

17-Nov-16
Amazing History of that buck. When I walk through my hunting area I swear I have like flashbacks of all the encounters both kills, near-kills and misses. Always have enjoyed your trail camera photos, your success photos and your commentary on this site TreeRAT. That buck is nice an old!

17-Nov-16
Cool story Treerat! And great buck- love the drop tine! :)

17-Nov-16
Way to go, Mike! Great to see it all came together, for ya! I've been checking the PA forum everyday, waiting to see that you connected. Looks like those Hypodermics did the trick! Congratulations, my friend!

17-Nov-16
Been waiting for you to post this Mike, what took ya so long!:)

Congrats again buddy! Well deserved! I don't know anyone who puts the time in like you. You consistently killing these big deer is no accident!! Well done!!

17-Nov-16
Congrats Mike! Just seeing this now! Awesome buck!

18-Nov-16
Congrats to all!

Mike, What a great feeling when you harvest a deer you been after for so long and have history with. Way to stick it out! Congratulations!!!

• Sitka Gear