Babysaph 11-Apr-17
TexasAggie 11-Apr-17
sundaynwv 11-Apr-17
TexasAggie 11-Apr-17
sundaynwv 11-Apr-17
TexasAggie 11-Apr-17
sundaynwv 11-Apr-17
07-Nov-16
I would like to see the info on additional Pittman Robertson funds allocated to the state. With the upsurge in gun sales comes an upsurge in funding. Where is this money going and what are we doing with the fifty million dollar wildlife endowment fund?

07-Nov-16
I'd be interested in knowing as well. God Bless

07-Nov-16
Good luck finding that out.

30-Mar-17
simply request it through the FOIA,, Freedom of Information Act,,,, you should be able to find the forms online through their website.

30-Mar-17
FOIA. they will give you the run around. Its not that simple

10-Apr-17
nothing with the govt. is, that's why you have to be persistent, but they have to give it up as long as its not national security,, I grew up in DC, right on capital hill, and have dealt with these people for yrs.. Persistence is the only way to make our govt. work. Our new Sunday Hunting law is a prime example of that persistence at its finest.

11-Apr-17
I hope you find out Martinman.

11-Apr-17
http://www.wvdnr.gov/admin/PDF/Annual_Report_2015-2016.pdf

Looks to me like we get about 9.something million in federal revenue, of which 8.something million was spent.

$700k was disbursed from the $50M endowment, but that's how an endowment works. You spend only from the interest gained, therefore the money is theoretically there in perpetuity. Endowments are generally managed such that they grow over time and disburse more and more money as the fund grows. $700k on $50M is about 1.5%, so if it's invested very conservatively (gov't bonds, etc) it probably grows 2% or so annually, so the disbursement seems reasonable.

I'm just spitballing here... I don't actually know, but based on what I DO know it seems reasonable.

11-Apr-17
But the endowment isn't PR funds.

11-Apr-17
Right. We spent most of the $9M in PR funds. And I was attempting to answer what we were doing with the $50M in your second question. The answer is sitting on it and living off the interest.

11-Apr-17
I should have been more specific, where does the interest off the endowment fund get dispersed?

11-Apr-17
It went into wildlife resources, and became part of the overall $2.8M budget.

11-Apr-17
Does it support Archery in Schools or is that a federal grant?

• Sitka Gear