Joe The Teacher 02-Dec-16
Bourbonator 05-Dec-16
Spider1 07-Dec-16
Rut Nut 07-Dec-16
RC 07-Dec-16
Mule Power 08-Dec-16
Brad Gehman 11-Dec-16
08-Nov-16
You know, in the almost 20 years, holy crap that's a long time, that I've been part of the Bowsite, I've met some pretty amazing people. But none stand out as much as Roy. I've seen him make 10 beer posts that had Ron and others pulling their hair out and Phil trying to hit the delete button before it got out of control. Guaranteed he holds the record for being banned the most times. Then there's the Roy who would give you the shirt off his back, has made and given dozens of bows to people for free and has taught a hundred people how to make bows in his shop. When you need him he's always there. I gave him some osage from our place in Ohio. First thing he did when it was dry was make me and Lara a couple of longbows from it. Mine has had its third and final handle put on it by him at the drop off a hat. We've some wild times together, camping at shoots, penguin games, hanging in his basement shooting, Black Forest shoots and it's always a hoot.

I love you Roy, thanks for everything.

08-Nov-16
Roy is out standing in his field, or in his woods somewhere.

08-Nov-16
I think I read some where on here, ol Roy, lives in Irwin. Gonna have to msg him when I visit my sister there, and maybe meet up for a cold one. Talk a little bow hunting.

08-Nov-16
You won't like him. I can't think of anyone who knows him well that really likes him:^P

08-Nov-16
Bahahaha

08-Nov-16
BC, you won't regret it.

Bobby, I've been drinking so........

08-Nov-16
Roy is....the most interesting Man in the world.

Well, at least the Traditional Archery world.

And, maybe at Fat Zackels....

09-Nov-16
Black Forest shoots? I can't completely remember them after Roy's homemade wine.

09-Nov-16
I've never met him.

09-Nov-16
eh... he's ok. A bit of a pain in the a$$.

Just kidding... sort of, lol! He help me learn to twist up strings. Worked bows together and drank beer and wine into the early hours and laughing our butts off while trying to keep our arrows on target in his basement. But do you know what the best thing about Roy is... he was smart enough to marry Chris. Great people and I always count them as friends. I just wish I didn't live on the other side of the state. But then again, I'd probably be divorced by now if we lived closer, LMAO!!!

09-Nov-16
I never did like him.

Roy, don't ever grow up!

09-Nov-16
Must be a different Roy your talking about.

09-Nov-16
I like Roy a whole lot too. I often think he hasn't a clue How much I respect both his life accomplishments and his life attitudes. There is and only ever will be one of him:)

09-Nov-16
That's a good thing Ed! Proud to be able to call Roy and Chris friends!

09-Nov-16
Now we're all getting mushy. Heck, this sounds like a eulogy. Unless he goes back to raising chickens he should be with us a long time. I never did like him but I pretend I do so I can hang out with Chris.

10-Nov-16
Phil, the very best eulogies are the ones the soon to be gets to hear:) Not my rule.

10-Nov-16
This sounds like a "Bow In": where folks gather, tell stories, drink "beverages", play guitars and sing Kumm-by-ya, all whilst shoot bamboo-backed osage bows at highly compressed cardboard targets. Hmmm...I kinda like the sound of this....!

10-Nov-16
I agree Phil, chickens would be the death of him! Goats are ok though, LOL!

10-Nov-16

Spider1's embedded Photo
Spider1's embedded Photo

10-Nov-16

Metikki's embedded Photo
Metikki's embedded Photo

10-Nov-16
I thought he was ok...until I heard he was responsible for raising the Turnpike fees. HA!

10-Nov-16
Had to...to be able to dress as he prefers^ ;)

10-Nov-16
Mr Bowhunter

I remember the day you gave those 500# logs to Roy.

Roy and I heaved, sweated, and nearly lost our manhood getting them from your truck to his.

You, my friend, were MIA! You conveniently reappeared when the dizziness subsided. Nice.

10-Nov-16
Roy and I share bowmaking pics more days than not. I just told him last week it's a good thing we don't live any closer, or we'd be in the shop together every day and I'd soon be a full blown alcoholic. Same goes with Ed ;^) What a perfect storm that would be if the three of us lived near each other.

10-Nov-16
Red, that makes him smart.

10-Nov-16
Ynzins are all cwazy.... Roy told me he hain't drank in years...

10-Nov-16
Split personality now? Damn. I don't think I can keep up with two of ya.

10-Nov-16
The title of this thread sounds like the name of a budget dog food made from random types, parts, and ages of road kill.

"Try some Good Ol' Roy. It's 90% sun dried protein, 5% fat, with 5% cinder, hair, calcium chloride, salt, and other fillers. Your dog will love it!"

10-Nov-16
I always thought Roy was alright.....little strange sometimes....but always alright.

10-Nov-16
That's probably cause you don't know him. There's no sometimes.

Gee, I could get to like this. Payback for all those years.....

10-Nov-16
Wow, for a thread to shake "longfeather" from the branches, wow!! Heck, we need 2 guitars now at this "Roy-In" !! HEY DEBBIE, WHERE ARE YOU?????!!!!!!

11-Nov-16
Yes Randy, I'm back, somewhat, from the far far reaches of the Hinterlands.

11-Nov-16
Howdy lost feather... Phil, knock it off. :)

11-Nov-16
I'll drink to that, Mike. LOL

12-Nov-16
I just want to get a group of guys together at the next shoot and film the commercial mentioned earlier in this thread

12-Nov-16

Spider1's embedded Photo
Spider1's embedded Photo

13-Nov-16
Count me in, Kenny! I have the perfect face for a radio commercial.

23-Nov-16

archerynut's embedded Photo
archerynut's embedded Photo
Roy helped me make my first bow. We need to catch up sometime my friend.

24-Nov-16
Whew!

For a week there it looked like Harry Carry was going to live up to his title of "Thread Killer".

24-Nov-16
Yup he's kilt quite a few threads. Howdy Mike.

26-Nov-16
Often wondered too, if maybe the intake for the ventilation for toll booths wasn't in the pavement on the exhaust side of most vehicles? Or that maybe there should have been a bona-fide finish room in the bowshop? But Chris seems mostly OK ? Other than that hardly noticeable BS line just at the very top of her forehead....

02-Dec-16
One of the truly best people I've ever met in my lifetime. Another visit to Painter is on this bucket list.

05-Dec-16
I'm a big fan of the old Coot myself.

07-Dec-16
been giving it some thought and came to the conclusion that I still don't like him much. :^)

07-Dec-16
Roy? He kinda 'grows" on ya! ;-)

07-Dec-16
Hey short chit pider1............... STFU:)

08-Dec-16
Ol' Roy taught me everything I know. I don't know chit.

Now Chris on the other hand.... that's worth a stop at Roy's bow shop! Oh and poochie... now there's a class act! Give that dog a scratch for me Roy!

Before we know it the late bow season will be over. See you soon. I better order some wood. Coors LIght.... Miller Lite???

11-Dec-16
Not sure what he's good for except harassing people. :)

• Sitka Gear