Ground blind or tree stand? Newbie
Oklahoma
Contributors to this thread:
tmax.reid 11-Nov-16
razorsharp 12-Nov-16
Lost Arra 15-Nov-16
swampokie 15-Nov-16
11-Nov-16
Hello all! I am new to deer hunting and going to be starting bow hunting next season. Any recommendations as far as a ground blind vs tree stand for a new bow hunter? I'll be doing must of my hunting on public land here in OK. Primarily Lexington WMA

12-Nov-16

razorsharp's embedded Photo
Here is the ghost blind in action.
razorsharp's embedded Photo
Here is the ghost blind in action.
Well if you are going to tree stand hunt, invest in a good safety harness, safety line, and prussic knot. This will allow you to safely climb and descend. I recently started using a ghost blind. While pricey for what it actually is, it works amazingly well. If the wind changes you can just pick up and move in minutes. There are applications for owning both.

15-Nov-16
A typical ground blind (NOT the Ghost Blind) is like solitary confinement with a picture of the outdoors on one wall. I would suggest starting with a brush blind. You can see better and move your setup more easily and not spend a bunch of money.

Treestand gives you better visibility but takes practice, both climbing and shooting. If you don't have a tree in your yard where you could practice climbing and shooting then I would stick with the ground.

15-Nov-16
Depends on the situation. Whenever possible use treestand for better visibility and scent control.

• Sitka Gear