GRASSFED1 14-Nov-16
MF 14-Nov-16
WausauDug 14-Nov-16
Straight Arrow 14-Nov-16
smokey 16-Nov-16
MF 23-Nov-16
Milwroad 24-Nov-16
13-Nov-16
Anybody Hunting Bayfield county? Anybody seeing Deer? Rutting activity. ? Just curious!!

13-Nov-16
Hunted 9 days straight by Port Wing. Saw 7 bucks with only one shooter spotted during daylight hours. Most of the chasing and deer movement is showing up at night on the cameras. All the deer I seen where in the first 2 hours of the day. Guess the warm temps and high winds didn't help. I guess I could say that there is some more deer than last year in certain areas. The fields seem to have the most deer around them as there are no acorns in the hardwoods. I think that this coming week is gonna be the best for seeing bigger bucks out cruising for does during the day time. Also, went the whole week without any wolf sign around and then I seen 2 this morning. The second wolf was doing a full out run 50 yards behind a small doe and both of their tongues were hanging out. I was heading out of the woods when both of them crossed about 15 yards in front of me. I hollered loudly at him to "LEAVE HER ALONE", and it never even phased him; he was pretty determined he wanted some venison for breakfast! I hope she got away!

13-Nov-16
It has been very slow for me in southern part of the county, I have been hunting for 30 plus years in the same areas and would say it is the slowest I have ever seen.

13-Nov-16
Hunt up in the corny area. A little better then last year not much. Thought. Did see some buck sign not much movement

14-Nov-16
I never saw any chasing but bucks were on their feet in daytime seeking. Only a few days that cooled down a bit with some nights dipping below freezing. I am pulling stands and cameras today and will set some back up after gun season. Hopefully get some good late season activity. It has not been one of my best rut hunts, minimal movement. I saw a few fawns without doe but more doe with fawns. Both southern Bayfield and northern Sawyer Counties.

14-Nov-16
Good antler growth. I took a young buck that already had 8 pts. 2 1/2 I would think. So some does with double fawns. Very poor daytime movement. 2 days in a row in the 70's didn't help.

14-Nov-16
I honestly don't think because it was 70 out that it had a huge impact on deer movement, the 70 didn't happen till mid day with cooler weather in the mornings and afternoon.

14-Nov-16
activity in the woods seemed non-existent per the last 3 years. We did see a lot of deer along hwy 27 tho which is promising

14-Nov-16
Haven't seen the wolf sign like the past. Also. Saw. More sign then I seen in the last three years Maybe another good winter. Vwoindnt miss a opener in the big woods. It's what. Hunting is about. Deer or no deer

16-Nov-16
HD, check your private messages.

23-Nov-16
In the past few years now and its been interesting, you can usually gauge the success of the season up here (Northern Bayfield County) by one of the bigger and local Buck Boards. So, it didn't surprise me when I called the owner and asked him the numbers. Not only is the hunter participation way down with only 105 hunters registered on the board compared to over 200 last year, also I was not at all surprised that only 6 Bucks were registered so far. Just another indication of how bad it still is up here.

24-Nov-16
Six of us hunted far northern Bayfield County during first half of gun season. Saw two decent bucks and a handful of does but that was less than 1 deer a day for each hunter. Could not even get a shot at either buck. Not much deer movement during the day, very few hunters to move them around and lots of heavy cover for them to avoid humans. I have hunted this area for over 50 years and am surprised at how different hunting is there today than when I was a kid. There are deer around, just hard to find them. They certainly have gone more nocturnal than years past and do not seem to follow any patterns like they did when I was younger.

• Sitka Gear