Spider1 23-Nov-16
RC 23-Nov-16
Spider1 23-Nov-16
RC 23-Nov-16
Spider1 23-Nov-16
RC 23-Nov-16
Spider1 26-Nov-16
17-Nov-16
Just curious how many here have used the new Aerosol scents? And what are your thoughts/experience.

Never used scents much in the past. can't remember the last time. Thought maybe I'd try the buckbomb or Tinks in a can.

17-Nov-16
Perry, I tried the Buckbomb once. A nice 8 point got within 10 yards, I pulled the cap off, and chucked it right underneath that buck. I'll tell you firsthand, nothing happened...buck ran off, and no explosion! Climbed down, picked up the Buckbomb, and returned it for a full refund. Save your money! ;-)

17-Nov-16
LOL! :)

17-Nov-16
I agree. Hilarious. Kudos:)

17-Nov-16
I agree. Hilarious. Kudos:)

17-Nov-16
Funny story!

I quit using scent some years ago. Had a wall hanger I was after and he unexpectedly showed up late one morning walking exactly where I wanted him. Right before he got to the shooting lane he caught one whiff of the top brand lures and was gone.

I have shot deer off of lures and scents but that was before the mass advertising. (back then you had to read about it) Figured that buck had a bad experience with scent.

18-Nov-16
I had two experiences like Hawkeye, he's schmarter than I am. ... Back when I was taking my hunting a bit more seriously I was so scent freaky I very seldom hunted the same stand in about a 4 day rotation unless we had a heavy rain. Hmm, funny, the way I hunt now I don't need keep track of the stands and the days....:)

Ya know, come to think of it while talkin' deer, in all those years really don't think I ever saw one of really big guys from the exact same stand twice, maybe one added as little as 40 yards away. Learnt Big boys back track that scent at night, and they DO look up at the other empty stand before they relax. maybe.

18-Nov-16
Well I tried the buck bomb once! Nice 10 point was right under my tree, I popped the top and dropped the bomb. It landed right beside him and it exploded. Wasn't a piece of deer meat worth saving, it blew him apart and I had guts hanging off the branches all around me.

18-Nov-16
lmao!

Rut, it just seems to me that aerosol cans and the great outdoors just don't go together as well as you would think. I used to make buck bombs out of old 35mm film canisters. Add a little tinks and your off. Then they came out with their own bombs. I would set them up around my stand just at my max range as an attractor scent and a range marker. From my experiences, it scared more deer than attracted them and the only ones that seemed to be attracted were dumb young bucks. Spikes and such. Does turn tail and run on first whiff whether it's doe in heat or buck scent and big bucks get cagey and circle wide. Better to go scentless and save your money and set up smarter. jmho.

18-Nov-16
Better to go scentless and save your money and set up smarter.

LMFAO, Rut scentless? No way... Smarter? Ya right... LMAO

18-Nov-16
Yep, spit coffee:)

18-Nov-16
he can do scentless.... just can't do quiet! :^)

18-Nov-16
LOL RC!!!

19-Nov-16
I am not a fan of ANY over the counter scents. Stuff is gross. However, I do cut off the tarsal glands of the Doe I take if it is late Oct. early Nov. and have used the natural tarsal glands of the doe when hunting in Nov. If you are really interested in using scent you might even consider going to a butcher and asking if you can cut off a few tarsal glands. Butcher might let you.

21-Nov-16
LOL Roy! :)

Well, I tried some stuff that was some kind of foam. Was easy to apply and didn't have to worry about spilling it in my pack, but the scent didn't seem strong and I did not see any deer, so not sure it worked at all.

I know folks that use tarsal glands and swear by them. I might have to ask my butcher if I can cut a few next year and try that.

21-Nov-16
Prolly the anti rust/squeak WD-40 you squirt on them wheels is scaring them thar deers:)

Get a real bow and just hunt honestly, instead of looking for gimmicks to make your wheel bow kill easier...

22-Nov-16
LOL! Roy! Could be the pink skirt I'm wearin' too! ;-)

22-Nov-16
My wife tells me I got way too much scent after going to the can. Fabreze, smell like crap dipped in Fabreze.

22-Nov-16
Last couple seasons I've just been rollin' in my turnip patch when I leave the house. Pull a couple to gnaw on when I fill the urge or need to convert 'em to the gaseous form....for a downwind aerosol effect. And the sound is not at all unlike a snort-wheeze.

22-Nov-16
That's enough detail Ed. LOL

22-Nov-16
I can not truly say any of those types of products has helped me kill a few, but I can say that they have cost me many. To many guys using them too early and incorrectly. Educating too many deer. Same goes for calls. I have seen mature bucks literally turn themselves inside out to get out of dodge smelling a doe in estrus scent. Also I have witnessed the last 5+ years bucks hot on does and "silent running". Meaning no grunting, no snort. Nada. They have, in my opinion come to assimilate grunt calls with being shot at. Nor will they answer anymore, JMO. Special reg's hunting has been said to hunting in a barrel. I beg to differ that claim...

22-Nov-16
Special reg's hunting has been said to hunting in a barrel. I beg to differ that claim...

Bull Crap... There's so many deer down there that they trip and fall over each other and break a leg. Then some nimrod dip-ship shoots em with his trusty compound and claims to be a great archer...

22-Nov-16
Rc.... ahahahahahaha That made me laugh.

Thanks.

22-Nov-16
LMFAO

22-Nov-16

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo

22-Nov-16
Thanks, oldie but goody. You got way to much time on your hands.

22-Nov-16
Heck I'm just sitting here in my tree stand down here in 5C with a head lamp on, just waiting for a crippled deer to stumble by:)

22-Nov-16
That may be true up North, but you might want to turn off the head lamp. It spooks them worst than road hunters in Bradford.

23-Nov-16
"Heck I'm just sitting here in my tree stand down here in 5C with a head lamp on, just waiting for a crippled deer to stumble by:) "

better hope it's deaf, blind and stupid too :)

a, who am I kiddin, they won't let you out to climb trees no more cuz you might break a hip or somethin!

23-Nov-16
Spider you are so short ya can't even reach the steps to a tree stand boy:)

23-Nov-16
LMAO!!! I bring a box to stand on!

23-Nov-16
Oh, I thought you stood on your stool?

23-Nov-16
na, it got old and kept fallin over... you know how that goes :)

23-Nov-16
You couldn't pop the top on a beer can if ya was standing toe to toe with it short chit:)

26-Nov-16
yes I could! :)

• Sitka Gear