Tweed 28-Nov-16
Nocturnal8 28-Nov-16
RutnStrut 28-Nov-16
BB81 29-Nov-16
Novemberforever 29-Nov-16
G1hunting 30-Nov-16
brewcrewmike 09-Dec-16
18-Nov-16
Gun season is tradition in Wisconsin so even though this is bowsite please post your gun hunting pics and stories here. Post pics from your stand, pics from camp and especially pics of what you kill. Be safe and good luck fellas. I'll be rooting for you.

18-Nov-16
I think internet service will be shut down for all of Wisconsin the next 9 days.

18-Nov-16
Be safe . Remember , our 600,000 person army had no deaths last year . .Tell that to your liberal friends who blame the guns .

19-Nov-16
Right on Glen!

19-Nov-16
Spent many days and many evenings chasing the big one with the bow. There's something special about firing up the wood stove though with a fresh few inches of snow for opening morning of gun season!!!

19-Nov-16
My wife lent me my testicles for the week. They've already retreated back in my stomach with this wind. Be safe, boys and girls...

19-Nov-16
Reggiezpop at least yours gives yours back now and then .

19-Nov-16
+1 Swampy.

I have to sneak mine.

19-Nov-16
I sat a funnel between heavy bedding cover and a picked cornfield. Sat from dark to dark. I saw 7 different young bucks, 3 fawns, and one big doe that I had no shot at. My 17 year old son let 3 young bucks walk. He missed a dandy and shot a giant doe tonight just before closing time. My buddy saw 3 different fawns and a six pointer. So far my son is the only one to put one down

19-Nov-16
Actually saw a small buck, passed. Also saw two doe/fawn combos. No doe tags in Sawyer county. Also saw what I think was a decent buck with a doe but just a glimpse and he disappeared with his doe. Headed to Washburn county tomorrow so my partner can get his doe tag taken care of.

Wind was brutal combined with the 20 degrees we started out and ended the day with.

20-Nov-16

OmroHunter's embedded Photo
OmroHunter's embedded Photo
Hunted 5:00-10:00 and 1:00-5:00 with my 10 y/o son. He shot his first deer (doe) and I shot my best buck to date.

20-Nov-16
Tell your son congrats!! Love to see those smiles.

20-Nov-16

deerslayer's embedded Photo
deerslayer's embedded Photo
Shot this one @ 3pm yesterday chasing a doe and 2 fawns. My first gun buck. Been a rough year bow hunting for me as far as sightings are concerned. My son was going to shoot the doe in this group when he spotted the buck and said that I should get first shot at it.

21-Nov-16
Congrats to all. Tough sitting conditions for sure.

21-Nov-16

Dampland's embedded Photo
"After" picture ... sadly not me.
"After" picture ... sadly not me.
I saw 10 bucks this weekend, but only 1 was mature. He was bouncing thru a creek bottom 300 yards away, heading right for my brother. I did not fire, but the buck evaded my brother, changing direction in some thick brush, and he never saw him.

Our group did get my target buck, but it wasn't me. One of the older guys in our camp did, after it had been shot at by 3 different people and 8 shots in the previous 1/2 hour. Out neighbors to the West and North both missed it, plus one of our guys did too.

21-Nov-16
BTW, congrats to the successful hunters

21-Nov-16
My son and I were out all but 90 minutes on Sat. He saw one doe, and I saw nothing but swirling leaves and falling branches. Tough opening day.

21-Nov-16

GolfPro's embedded Photo
He was bedded in the thick stuff for over an hour then made a bad decision.
GolfPro's embedded Photo
He was bedded in the thick stuff for over an hour then made a bad decision.
I was fortunate and connected with this guy Sunday afternoon. I saw lots of deer both Saturday and Sunday. A lot of younger bucks still chasing does through the thick stuff. Not my biggest deer but I am satisfied. Already looking forward to late archery.

21-Nov-16

JackPine Acres's embedded Photo
JackPine Acres's embedded Photo
My 13 yr-old son's 1st buck. Shot Saturday afternoon at 4:30pm

21-Nov-16
Congrats JackPine

21-Nov-16
Good to see the smiles and the deer harvested. Congrats!

It's been slow. A lot of flat tops and we put 4 of them on the meat pole. Back to work for a few days and then back to the woods. A lot of standing corn by me, so I am hoping the bucks are hanging out in there.

Good Luck to those venturing out and Happy Thanksgiving to all!

21-Nov-16
Sunday and Monday, zero sighted by me all of both days. Partner had a button buck follow him as he was still hunting and shot the one in the note below. Today he saw spike.

My partner finished off a spike buck that had his lower jaw shot nearly clean off. There was a very fast 4 shots fired not too far off, two minutes later that buck showed coming from that direction. He waited till quitting time for someone to show up to punch his tag but nobody came. That buck would have been easily tracked with fresh snow and bleeding reasonably well. Unethical hunter is all I can say about whomever shot it first.

21-Nov-16
Jeff- i left deer hunting long ago because of "hunters" like that. Sorry your buddy had to clean up someone elses mess.

22-Nov-16
Jeff, I feel your pain.

14,,,, that's the number of trespassers my bil dealt with on Sunday afternoon. One guy even had the audacity to tell my bil that he owned the land he was on. My son and I put up 36 new no trespass signs when we were up bowhunting. There are now just 6 signs left. He found four different people sitting in MY stands! A few that were simply walking through the woods and the rest surrounding the perimeter of one of my most productive fields. WTF is wrong with people???? I am so f-ing pissed off. I would imagine a group of shiners on sat night saw a few big bucks and decided to make their move. The free for all mentality is alive and well in good ol Fairchild wi. I hope one of those assholes shoots them self in the foot.

Btw, nice deer all, congrats to the successful hunters.

22-Nov-16
Argh don't get me started on unethical hunters. I finished off someone's wounded buck Sunday. Waited and back trailed it to neighbors. No one would claim it, even though their group of 25 had did a drive and were blasting away a few minutes before he came from that direction.

22-Nov-16
Crusader dad, I hope your BIL called the county boys on those trespassers. Writing those douche bags up is the only thing that will stop them.

22-Nov-16
Two years ago I finished off a nice young buck that I had previously seen numerous times while bow hunting. It came past me about 15 minutes after a barrage of 8 shots from the neighbors. Hit once in the first joint above the hoof, once again in the elbow of the same leg and with a small part of its nose shot off. Seven or eight minutes after shooting it, two of the neighbors show up, pretty deep into my property, trailing it. I screamed at them that they were on private property. Had they taken the time to come and ask permission I'd have gladly given it to them but because they freely trespassed and ruined my opening morning hunt, I did not. When I explained that to them they told me %#off. I hated using my tag on a 2 1/2 year old but wounded as he was, I had no choice.

22-Nov-16
I know it is hard to make the call to the sheriff but it was the only way we stopped trespassing. That and a big sign that says Smile This Property is under video surveillance. Once we had a guy from town on camera. My dad printed the pictures and then one day when he was sitting at a table with some other people - he through the pictures on the table and keep walking without saying a word. Since then we have not had anyone on camera or seen a human track. Word of mouth about not going on your property is better than signs but unfortunately you need to do everything because people loose their freaking minds over deer hunting.

22-Nov-16
He walked up and took cell pics of a few. Close up face shots. The group surrounding the one field were already leaving as he pulled up. Possibly a phone call from one of the guys he confronted. The guy that told him he owned the land and that Neil was the one trespassing nearly got his ass kicked. The photos he does have have been give to the state trooper that works over there. Most of the signs have been re posted and my mil has instructed her husband to police the land. We suspect it is a group of members of a certain family that were allowed to hunt the land about ten years ago. When permission was rescinded they were pretty pissed off. We've had issues in that land every year during gun season. Of the guys he spoke with, most just played dumb and said they though it was part of so and sos land and got out of there pretty quickly.

The even shittier part is that my bil had taken his son out there to sit for a few hours. We always do a big circle around the property before making a final desision about where to sit. He ended up spending his evening showing his boy how to deal with assholes. At 6ft 1 and 300 lbs he's a pretty imposing character so I'd have been really surprised if someone gave him too much lip. I'm definitely glad he showed up out there to hunt.

22-Nov-16
We had to finish off another hunter wounded spike that came onto our property. Funny thing is a couple minutes later, some guys from the neighboring public land come on to our property following the blood trail. Our guy asked what they were trailing, and they said small buck, probably a spike. So my buddy tells them ... its over there, I finished it off for you. My buddy then asks who shot it first, and they say ... "actually none of us did", we just had a guy come over to where we were sitting, and he said we was sick of blood trailing this deer he shot, and if they could find it, they could tag it!" Bizarre! ... but these guys were happy to get the meat, and we even told them to show up at our camp after dark, and we would use an ATV to drag it out for them.

Other than that, it was one of our best years for minimal tresspassing. But then again, we have our boundries WELL taped/posted, and many of our stands are with in viewing of the property line.

22-Nov-16
WOW ... congrats ... Booner huh?

22-Nov-16
Wow.any photos???

22-Nov-16

Straight Arrow's embedded Photo
Straight Arrow's embedded Photo
Caught this guy sneaking thru behind me at 11:30 Sunday morning. He got down wind and I shot him left handed, yes I am a righty, at 60 yards just before he bolted. He folded on the spot. 20.25" inside spread. Saturday was very slow with all the wind but Sunday the action definitely picked up.

22-Nov-16
Trapper congrats awesome buck! Let's hear the story

22-Nov-16

kylet's embedded Photo
kylet's embedded Photo
Here's a buck that I got on during bow season. He disappeared once November hit. Showed back up this morning with a doe.

22-Nov-16
I walked (can't say I was really hunting but had the gun with) two public land parcels that used to have deer on them. I was curious as to what sign I would find.

First parcel, next to a county road, I think 120 acres logged a few years ago. Tough walking as you might expect except on the skid trails. I think there is one deer on it based on how little track there was with 3 days and 3 nites of snow on it.

Second parcel, huge area with roads going thru it. There was one truck parked on about 7 miles of road. I walked about a mile of closed road and saw 1 track. Bough pickers had been on it even tho it is a closed road.

I hunted a spot near there yesterday, again only one track even tho someone had been dumping corn in front of his blind. (he could only see a narrow path to the bait pile, really nothing else. How stupid is that?)

I have hunted that area for 30 years and we did quite well back then, it is sad, terribly sad.

This area is where I had two bear baits this year and was getting wolf pictures at both sites. The deer in Sawyer county will never recover unless something is done with all the wolfs.

22-Nov-16
Sorry Trapper but NOT A CHANCE that buck scores 183. NOT A CHANCE

22-Nov-16
Jeff in Mn: The wolves are why I didn't buy a gun license this year. I've hunted NW Rusk County for almost 30 years and used to see 8 to 12 deer every day in the big woods. In the last 5 years I've seen 1 doe. I don't need to drive a 150 mile round trip to see wolf tracks.

22-Nov-16

BB81's embedded Photo
BB81's embedded Photo
On Saturday I passed a nice 8 with eyes on this guy or the 14ptr I've been posting about on here. Well Sunday rolled around and this guy comes busting through the brush chasing a does. 75yds easy shot and very humane. 18.5 inside and a nice 3.5yr old I think.

The 14ptr will hopefully stay alive to late season bow.

Sat again tonight and filmed another 10 chasing and also had a spike fight a 2.5yr old 8pt in front of me... comical.

The doe are definitely In heat by me, as I have seen a hot doe 3 of the first 4 days in the stand.

Lucky to have such a great property to hunt out in Richland Center

23-Nov-16
Whatever the score, that is an awesome animal!

23-Nov-16
Man trapper! That thing is a monster! 27 inch mains? Awesome animal for sure!

23-Nov-16

Crusader dad's embedded Photo
Crusader dad's embedded Photo
Nice deer guys! This pic is from 3 years ago, gun season. It seems like when I am up there we don't have the trespassing issue as bad. Collin used to tag along with me and sit between my legs. I guess my legs were keeping him warm and cozy because he is snoring like a grown man when I took this picture. He was a hunter before he could shoot anything. This sport has already brought countless memories for me and I am so thankful to be able to do it.

23-Nov-16
Way to go Trapper and all the others. There are some awesome bucks in there.

23-Nov-16

Smokoligist's embedded Photo
Smokoligist's embedded Photo
8am Monday. My biggest buck to date.

23-Nov-16

Surf & Turf's embedded Photo
Surf & Turf's embedded Photo
Laughable 150's at best. But its your story you can tell it how you want.Here is a buck that was only 180. Your buck is not even close to 180. Good Luck ur a liar.

23-Nov-16
Trapper according to your worksheet, your buck green scores 147 1/8

your math on the right sticker doesn't add up

23-Nov-16
I can easily see mid 170 gross in that buck trapper. Some are not as well endowed as others so they need to lash out to feel good.

23-Nov-16
Great Buck Trapper! Those beams and spread..... Wow

23-Nov-16
The ears are a little droopy.

25-Nov-16
Come on, everyone knows to measure a tine you start at the tip, go to the bottom of the main beam, loop back up half way and add 1.....

25-Nov-16
It's either a nice deer or it's not . All these deer look great to me . To much stock put in inches sometimes . There may have been a mistake on measuring Trapper's , but he's not a liar . Straight up great guy .

25-Nov-16

Bowster's embedded Photo
Bowster's embedded Photo
Bowster's embedded Photo
Bowster's embedded Photo
"Green scored 183 3/8."

HAHhahahhahhahahah. Hahahahahhahhahahahhahahaha. Apparently several of my bucks on the wall are B&C I just got to get Trapper to score them for me. Someone pull the trigger on the gun pointed right at your head in the trophy photo.

Here is deans 176 from a few years back. 7 3/8 smaller than yours. Blhahahahahahaha

25-Nov-16
Cant eat antlers so who effing cares? I tell you some of you guys care more about bone than most broads do.

25-Nov-16
Geez, rough crowd. Nice to see such camaraderie around here.

25-Nov-16
It's not like calling your 136 a 140, if your throwing booner numbers out there, better have a booner on the ground... Lol

25-Nov-16
Ohh my god get a grip ladies..

Tweed X2

Bowster your post is as rediculous as your picture holding the ozone product. All you need is a bag of minerals to go with it... Bwahahaahahaa!!!

Trapper is a stand up guy. Who friggin cares. Seriously!!!

25-Nov-16
I love how I get under your skin masterbaiter! Keep doing whatever it is you do! ;)

25-Nov-16
Is there a stolen hunting glory law we can charge him with? False booner talk is serious.....

25-Nov-16
Is there a stolen hunting glory law we can charge him with? False booner talk is serious.....

25-Nov-16
Sounds like an honest mistake. Get over it already. For heaven sakes he's not even claiming that he got it. Would any of you have passed on that buck? I know I'd be ecstatic if I got a deer like that. To me the sense of satisfaction of getting that deer, after a 5 year journey, is pretty special... the experience would not be changed by a tape measure.

25-Nov-16

Jtek's embedded Photo
Friday
Jtek's embedded Photo
Friday

25-Nov-16

Huntcell 's embedded Photo

25-Nov-16

204 gross
204 gross

26-Nov-16
It's funny how the only guys that give a shit about the actual score of the buck from trappers camp are guys I never see posting on here. I, like noc and many other regulars on here am a fan of trapper and I think that is a hell of a buck and one I'd be willing to shoot every single year. Congrats on all the good deer taken so far.... Just leave a few for this lowly bowhunter please.

26-Nov-16
Great buck Trapper. Whether it scores 150 or 180 it lived until it's prime. I don't know anyone that wouldn't shoot a 6 1/2 yr old 24" 10pt. Buck of a lifetime for most if not all hunters.

26-Nov-16

Jtek's embedded Photo
Jtek's embedded Photo
Friday.

26-Nov-16
It's not a question of shoot or wouldn't shoot, and no one is saying it's not a nice buck. It's a dandy buck, I wouldn't let it walk. We are just saying don't go talking booner numbers when it's clear its not that big. Just post a pic, if you don't know how to measure correctly don't list a number, or learn the right way to measure. It's the same thing in any sport or hobby when people go making outlandish claims it irks people. It is a dandy, just NOT 183

Your friendly neighborhood spiderman

26-Nov-16
The point is who cares what number was written down. The majority of people are 10+ inches higher than what the buck actually scores. Who cares! It is a monster buck. Jealousy rears it's ugly head once again.

26-Nov-16
Huntcell, what did that buck score?! Just kidding... That's a heck of a deer. Congrats!

Your friendly neighborhood spiderman

26-Nov-16
I guess, nice bucks all around. Back to welding the sub frame on my 64 impala off my 80 amp circuit in the out shed. I'm running 3 welders on that

26-Nov-16

26-Nov-16
No photo novice

26-Nov-16

Novice's embedded Photo
Ended 6 year buck drought. Opening day afternoon.
Novice's embedded Photo
Ended 6 year buck drought. Opening day afternoon.
Congrats again to all. Some real dandies.

26-Nov-16

Drop Tine's embedded Photo
Drop Tine's embedded Photo
This Trappers buck please tell me how this can not gross 180"

Always love how new guys come on here and add nothing but trash talking long existing members here that do contribute worth while reads.

26-Nov-16
Buck scores 204 gross Is what i was told dont know any more

26-Nov-16
204, 183 you guys are score idiots. all of you say score means nothing but you all post scores. lies of course. please old time posters let us know what they score since you post all the time. Hahahhahahahhahahahahhahahahahhahahah.....Blahhahhahhahahahahahahha

from what I see you gays that post all the time are a gullible dumb lot. missing back in the day when real hunters posted here with good info instead of one guy with 30 call names.

26-Nov-16
Bowster is a half an idiot and thats an insult to all the idiots out there.

26-Nov-16
Tweed +1

26-Nov-16
No neverbait it's a group of guys that were raised right and taught respect of others.

Wether it's deserving or not.

27-Nov-16

TrapperJack2's embedded Photo
After waiting patiently for a deer to show up my wife Linda was rewarded with this 9-pointer this yesterday afternoon (Saturday). It was a big bodied deer and she made an excellent shot. Now to get some sausage done. She was so excited and was shaking after the shot!

27-Nov-16
Bowster aka Chris Horowitz score minus minus

Your hole gets deeper! )>>>~~~>

27-Nov-16
Great job everyone. It's been a hard gun season for me. Not because of the hunting. My Dad passed away at only 68 last Monday. It's just hard to be excited about deer, or anything for awhile.

27-Nov-16
Im sorry to hear about your dad rut. Our condolences to your family.

27-Nov-16
My condolences Rut. My dad passed in 81 when I was 21 and can tell you there isn't a deer season that goes by that I don't think of him and past hunts.

28-Nov-16
Sorry to hear that Rut.

28-Nov-16
Rut, sorry to hear. Something we as hunters enjoy are the memories with our loved ones. Sometimes being a hunter can be a curse as we spend considerable amounts of time alone with our thoughts. You will never forget but time does help ease the pain.

28-Nov-16
Condolences Rut. Sorry for your loss. Have to admit deer season is not the same since my father passed. Hopefully, you can find ways to make it easier. I decided to honor my father by taking out his last rifle of choice a few years back. I shot a doe with it and tanned the hide. I presented it to my mother as a gift. It now rests atop my father's favorite recliner in their house.

28-Nov-16
Condolences Rut. This was my first season without my dad as well. Big "void".

28-Nov-16

Tweed's Link
7,000 fewer does taken this year compared to last year.

28-Nov-16
Rut I'm terribly sorry to hear that. I wish you and your family the best. I really do!

28-Nov-16
Thanks for all condolences, it means a lot.

29-Nov-16
Hang in there Rut

29-Nov-16
I can assure anyone here Trapper is a salt of the earth guy who would never inflate anything. Everyones life would be enriched having him as a friend. Balls out, tuff hunter. Stop the keyboard kowboy bs pleeez.

30-Nov-16

G1hunting's embedded Photo
G1hunting's embedded Photo
I've been out every night since October first trying to shoot one of the monsters I've seen and had on camera with no luck. Kept grinding even though my moral was at a all time low and was able to connect with this guy! not a giant or the monsters i was after but a good buck and most of all he will taste great! i cant wait to have family and friends over to enjoy this beautiful animal! very blessed that the hard work paid off!

edit post

09-Dec-16
Some real nice bucks taken during the gun season. Congrats to the hunters!

• Sitka Gear