Mike D 21-Nov-16
Fuzzy 22-Nov-16
tonyo6302 22-Nov-16
kk13 23-Nov-16
bow assassin 26-Nov-16
Fuzzy 30-Nov-16
18-Nov-16

nonrespropownr's embedded Photo
Chest girth was in excess of 46", inside spread is 19-7/8" and I suspect he was past his prime. I SHOULD have pulled a tooth to have him aged.
Chest girth was in excess of 46", inside spread is 19-7/8" and I suspect he was past his prime. I SHOULD have pulled a tooth to have him aged.

nonrespropownr's Link
Not a stick-n-string take, but a 2016 Patrick County buck. Sunday at noon, cruising alone through big timber above the edge of pines and a Mountain Laurel thicket below that. I was straddling a Tulip Poplar that had blown over in the hurricane, and was completely exposed. He appeared from a hollow and quartered towards me. The wind was from the south and he was headed northeast. I simply watched as he approached and began to pass at less than 25 yards. He trotted about 10 yards after the shot and stood and looked around. He walked a few steps further, and dropped to his knees before laying down. .605" roundball punched through both shoulders, but did not exit. It flattened to .88 x .94" and retained 326gr. (5) other balls averaged 326.6gr, so no loss of weight to speak of.

18-Nov-16
Beautiful Buck! Congratulations!

19-Nov-16
Nice buck

20-Nov-16
Nice job. Very cool with the old school muzzle loader.

20-Nov-16
Most of the folks HERE do it with arrows, so the least I could do was use the rocklock. I saw very few does, and the little ones in tow on my game cameras ALL appeared to be button bucks. There were small to decent sized bucks on my cameras, but I wasn't aware of this old boy. I've been VERY selective, and have only taken rack bucks. Blue tongue put a hurtin' on the population a couple of years back.

21-Nov-16
Great job, and sweet buck! Hey, he was in bow range!

22-Nov-16

Fuzzy's embedded Photo
Fuzzy's embedded Photo
All I've gotten so far.

22-Nov-16
Nice Buck, and nice Moose.

Congrats.

23-Nov-16
Congrats

26-Nov-16
Where did you get your moose Fuzzy? I bet that was an awesome experience!

30-Nov-16
Victoria Outfitters, Exploits/Victoria River area, Newfoundland.

An awesome hunting experience, even rifle hunting.

I'd love to go back earlier in the year (rut) and try for a stickbow kill.

• Sitka Gear