RC 22-Jul-17
RC 23-Jul-17
Teeton 23-Jul-17
RC 23-Jul-17
Teeton 23-Jul-17
RC 24-Jul-17
Vonfoust 24-Jul-17
19-Nov-16
We over here get alot of "When you guys gonna do something over here on this side of the state?" Well looks like we're going to do it. I'm currently cementing plans with Pine Hills Sportsmans Club as I got the approval from the UBP execs! Pine Hill has many UBP members as does their "sister" club of Pitcairn/Monroeville.

Tentatively the weekend of July 21, 22, 23 we'll be holding a bowhunter tuneup and family campout at Pine Hill Sportsmans Club in Kennerdell Pa.

Pine Hill- one of the premier Trad shoots in Pa, will layout shot opportunities for trad AND compound bows! We may have up to 60 or 80 Rhineharts, possibly 3 courses through beautiful woods, with several creek crossings. I believe they also have a childrens course. These are some other items to be worked out along with costs.

Camping is primitive, RVs are welcome. Elec is limited. There will be several Porta-johns available that will be freshly cleaned before our event. PH has their rendevous the week previous so those trad shooters attending both can leave their RVs on site throughout the week. The PH rendevous is becoming well known for the courses and shoot as a whole. MANY MANY Trad shooters have decribed it as the best shoot goin on.

Ive no plans to have any prize give aways at this time nor a community supper as we do at Sheshequin. Campers are free to do as they please. We may have a 50/50. Lets get this started and build it. There will be no food concession at Pine Hill at this time as thier members will get to enjoy the shoot as well! Cell service is nill.

This event is in NO WAY to compete with the UBP Family Campout. Pine Hill is privately owned grounds and this particular weekend is open. So no un-necessary teardown and setup will be needed. Pine Hill members are setting up the course and doing a MAJOR (99%) amount of the workload. Im looking at a couple novelty shoots, for both classes of weapons used.

I'll be calling Ron at PH tomorrow to solidify some options. Help us build this event- we get enough interest and it may lead to a golf shoot(theres interest) and possibly a Deer hunt(we have had some interest there too)

Back later.... Ill be posting as I learn more:)

PS: Feel free to add your input and suggestions here

20-Nov-16
Dale is your email addy the same as...see PM.

20-Nov-16
OH, and I love the idea!!

21-Nov-16
Sounds great Dale! Hope you get a good turnout!

21-Nov-16
Count on Mitchell and me, he's already excited.

22-Nov-16
Great idea Dale! Good luck, I hope (and know) it will be a real success!

26-Nov-16
Sounds wonderful!!!

29-Nov-16
Update: Talked to Ron tonight. Looks like we will have 100 Rhineharts on 4 courses. Also a kids range! He now has 6 elec hookups. Ron has several ideas for a novelty shoot including a turkey shoot using clay pigeons.

Ron and I discussed the possibility of a potluck dinner on sat eve.

If anyone out there has shot this course please feel free to give us an idea on Pine Hills courses and hospitality. Suggestions?

29-Nov-16
http://www.pinehillsportsman.org/view/index.php

Terrain is not that rough. Even RC and his short fat bald buddy with one leg has little trouble negotiating the courses.

29-Nov-16
You won't find a better place to hold this event. Course's are really nice. Camping area is great. Hospitality is excellent. Looks like we will have 100 Rinehart's on 4 courses. That says it all about pine hill!!!

30-Nov-16
Pine hill address...

1040 Coal City Road, Kennerdell, PA 16374

30-Nov-16
The terraine is easy on us old guys, little hills. The Allegheny River area is pretty cool up there too. Lots of shade for much of the camping.

30-Nov-16
Great place and hospitality is awesome.

01-Dec-16
Hey Dale- can I bring my AR? ;-)

01-Dec-16
Sure Purry, be bout the only way you could hit a Rhinehart target... LMFAO

02-Dec-16
LOL Roy! : )

30-Jan-17

DaleHajas's embedded Photo
Dont forget to like and follow the UBP on facebook as we certainly will have updates. Shoot fees will make you happy:)

30-Jan-17
Grrrrr figures it didnt fit:(

30-Jan-17
Grrrrr figures it didnt fit:(

31-Jan-17
Send it to me, Dale.

01-Feb-17
This is the old one.

23-Feb-17
Fees for the July 20 -23

$25 per shooter 3day fee. $20- 2 day and $15 1 day. Husband and wife $40- 3 day. $30 2 day $20 1 day. Youth 16 under free.

Pine Hill has become known for the fantastic Traditional ranges and they're going to modify the 3 course 100 Rhinehart range to accept compound bows for this shoot! Check out and LIKE the UBP on facebook to get updated information as we near time of the shoot! Also check out PineHill Sportsman Club on Their fb page. UBP Memberships will be available on site for entry. Lets make this an annual event! Thanks!

Dale Hajas

[email protected]

Westmoreland Cty rep

23-Feb-17
Dale in keeping with the spirit of the "Leatherwall" thd. on the bowsite, I think we'll just leave the targets as they are and put out crying towels at each target:^)

In all seriousness we'll try to lengthen some of the shots. At the same time, it might be good to practice sitting and kneeling and at moving targets while sitting in a boat. You will have a good time.

24-Feb-17
Bob do you guys need help with setting up the courses? Also any ideas are welcomed. Yeah the battle on the main forum is becoming brutal.

28-Feb-17
Metikki, Thanks for the offer to set up, but Pine Hill's Traditional Rendezvous is the weekend before, (Trad bow shooters, this is one shoot you should put on your list), so the targets will already be set out. We'll just have to add some closer pegs for the wheelie bows to go along with Bob's crying towels.

If you haven't been to Pine Hill before I'm sure you'll have a great time.

28-Feb-17
This campout is for UBP members and it doesnt matter whether one shoots a traditional bow or compound. The Pine Hill guys offered to make a few longer shots to suit modern technology guys. I'll offer my help in any way. I may shoot my Ultratech. We are getting positive responses from all......

Lets put a stop to the us vs them crap now. This is a fun shoot for UBP MEMBERS and their families. This is to support Pine Hill, the UBP, its members and effect positive changes thru fellowship. Please understand this.

28-Feb-17
The thread on the Big Game Forum about the Leatherwall..... A few guys got arse pains because their feelings got hurt from the LW ers after switching back and forth to modern equipment. Now its going back and forth. I shoot both. Altho I only hunted with a trad bow this past year. Folks I truly admire over there on both sides of the aisle pitchin baby fits. I've tried to run right down the middle pokin fun at both then offering a serious post about the benefits of both forums. Its turned out to be a very funny thread Thank God!

I personally may have 20 to 25 folks coming to Pine Hill AND Sheshequin. These kids and their wives/girlfriends love it and they are calling me weekly about buying Traditional bows. They're friggin HUNGRY about this stuff and supporting the state org. These same 25 want to go to local clubs to shoot and become active. Could Pine Hill use 25 more members, or the UBP or bowhunting in general? I dont want to lose them.

I tire of supporting and pushing.....only to see both sides spinning their wheels over compounds or trad gear. Meanwhile our archery season has changed just as the UBP warned it would with new equipment introductions. We have been hammered with comments about becoming a crossbow org.... gosh how many times for the last 10 years? We still remain A BOWHUNTING org. Those folks were wrong.

My comments above were directed not at Bob or Scott in particular but at the haze of division between compound bowhunters and traditional bowhunters. It goes both ways.

The beautiful setting at Pine Hill and fever for archery will provide a wonderful weekend for The UBP membership and Pine Hill. The Pine Hill gang DESIRES to make it an unforgetable shoot! Can you imagine an active membership on the west side of the state with golf shoots, farm hunts maybe a disabled program?

Hope that clears up my intentions for this opportunity.

28-Feb-17
Well I'll be shooting my old compound, sort of. Back off Rut... I had my compound riser converted into an ILF riser. Have blackmax carbon limbs with wood core lams on the way. Bought a plunger button and a magnetic flipper rest. I'll be shooting it with a fixed crawl, three under. And I'm gonna kick A$$ with it. I should put the old sight back on it and spank some of the wheel boys, just for fun:) LOL

Maybe I'll head over to the leather wall and do a couple 10 PBR posts... But I haven't posted or visited the leather wall in 5 years or more. Mostly cause Phil threatened me with my life:)

28-Feb-17
You will like your ILF. I love mine. Haven't shot my Martini longbow in years. My Hoyt recurves get out of the house the most. They even get shot more than my compounds. Looking at another riser. Probably another Hoyt will be arriving shortly.

28-Feb-17
Phil Could use a few friends on the Bowsite thread. Hes all black and blue.

28-Feb-17

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo
Ya I seen Phil yesterday.. He's getting a little hair back too... LOL

01-Mar-17

28-Feb-17

Well I'll be shooting my old compound, sort of. Back off Rut... I had my compound riser converted into an ILF riser. Have blackmax carbon limbs with wood core lams on the way. Bought a plunger button and a magnetic flipper rest. I'll be shooting it with a fixed crawl, three under. And I'm gonna kick A$$ with it. I should put the old sight back on it and spank some of the wheel boys, just for fun:) LOL

YOU GONNA WEAR YOUR PINK SKIRT TOO, ROY??? ;-)

01-Mar-17
Nope, I couldn't keep you from looking up under it the last time:)

01-Mar-17
Dang Roy.......................................................now how am I going to get that mental picture out of my brain???!!! ;-)

01-Mar-17
LMAO, no pun intended:)

09-Mar-17

Thanks to Amy!

17-Apr-17
TTT

17-Apr-17
Dang! Has it really been 16 years Dale???!!! ;-)

19-Apr-17
Dale, my brother, thank you for all the effort you are putting forth to bring this event to life. It is great to see good things happening in the left side of the state. As I found out many years ago, if you build it, they will come, and next year...even more will come! Barb and I will do our best to make the trip to support this, as you and MJ have come and supported many of our events here. Good luck and look forward...

20-Apr-17
Thanks Joe! I must say tho that the club is doing literally all of the work! Really theres nothing I can add but Ill be contacting Ron to see if I can lol Another reason to support Pine Hill as well.....I imagine Pine Hill will be offering memberships. This really is a nice setting and terrain enjoyable to walk. Maybe as a new adventure this could shine a light on retaining and gaining membership in todays environment. In the Trad world the "overnighters" are the norm with fellowship usually cementing friendships from year to year. Single day Gatherings become important to renew friendships. Look to Forksville and Denton to see the successes or multiple day events.

This first event will literally be a bare bones event. Ron is suggesting a dinner Im kicking around the idea of 50/50 drawing. There is a community campfire. There may be a "Turkey shoot" novelty type.

Looking forward to this as we've been getting great responses!

22-Apr-17
I always like a good camp out, hope to make it!

23-Apr-17
Hope to see you there!

25-Apr-17
Kathy and I were talking last night about how all our campout plans are falling into place. Pitcairn-Monroeville early June, both Pinehill campouts in July, then Sheshequin in August.

05-Jun-17
Dale, how are things coming along? Do you need help with anything?

05-Jun-17
Pat thanks for the offer. I Was going to bring this back up this week and I need to email Ron. The Pine Hill guys have done all of it and we just need to fill the stands so to speak. Theyve been just super! Ive been having issues here both- health and home, so Ive been sidelined for several weeks. But Ive been relieved to have some good news on both fronts.

I can concentrate more on the shoot and now that my mind is free to wonder:)

09-Jun-17
I'll have to check my work schedule to see if I'm off that weekend. Sounds like a good time!

10-Jun-17
Ben...bring beer!

11-Jun-17
Lot's of beer, Ben:)

11-Jun-17
We're tryin to come up with some kid stuff... Outside of shooting a bow as there is a kids course there.... Any ideas? I offered to dress up in a purple dinosaur costume and let kids throw water ballons at me:)

11-Jun-17
I'm I still a kid, Dale????

11-Jun-17
Sorry Bob and RC, you guys will have to bring your own beer, I'm scheduled to work Friday, Saturday, and Sunday that weekend!:(

12-Jun-17
I'll bring some rotten tomatoes, Dale:)

14-Jun-17
Dale- I know when my kids were little they enjoyed the sessions with Jeff Ushak making their own (kids) arrows at the Summer Campout.

14-Jun-17
Balloon shoots are always a favorite for kids. Rut Butt too:)

14-Jun-17
and watermelons! : )

14-Jun-17

15-Jun-17
LOL! And marshmellows! ;-)

03-Jul-17
We stopped by Pine Hill yesterday and the members were hard at work building a shower, weed whacking and setting up the target courses. 92 of them so far. The place is looking better than ever.

03-Jul-17
We stopped by Pine Hill yesterday and the members were hard at work building a shower. I think they are trying to tell you something, Art:)

03-Jul-17
Looks like a scavenger hunt and some T-shirt customization for the kiddos under 12! Mebbe somethin else too:)

04-Jul-17
Scavenger hunt, eh? Probably just a search for your lost arrows.

04-Jul-17
Several "gentlemen" involved in this thread are shooting Pine Hill the week before the UBP shoot:)

04-Jul-17
Maybe so, but we dont lose arrahs.

04-Jul-17
I didnt mention you tho did I?:) Red Mebbe I'llnfind a dozen or so of yours lol

04-Jul-17
I cross posted on Pa Sportsmans and Hunting Pa go say hello:)

05-Jul-17
I am banned from hunting pa, Just because I told those crossbow fuzz nuts where they could stick their crossbows. And it was worth it. LMFAO

05-Jul-17
Then think of the stir you'll create by saying hello!:)

09-Jul-17
Dale, my attendance is in questionable. Mitchell had the opportunity to go to Florida with his grandparents which leads to me having to meet them in Virginia that weekend to pick him up. There is a chance that it could be the weekend after the campout, but it doesn't look good. Sorry about that. I was looking forward to attending.

10-Jul-17

Thats ok Pat...

First weather reports are looking pretty good for 60 degree nights!

11-Jul-17
something came up, can't be there, the wife scheduled something I have to attend

13-Jul-17
Dale, last night Ron told me that a bunch of the out of state campers who did not know about our shoot next weekend were looking for my booth so thet can join and stay, or come back next week.

Many people I talked to that are here will be back.

13-Jul-17
:)

13-Jul-17
Had fun this evening. Looking forward to next weeekend. More people arrived today.

13-Jul-17
Had fun this evening. Looking forward to next weeekend. More people arrived today.

14-Jul-17
So we're going to have some vendors as well?!? :))))

14-Jul-17
Chise for sure.

17-Jul-17
Looks like a good crowd for this weekend. 7 new guys joined so they can come back.

You can just show up but I would like to get an idea how many are coming. Call the office and leave a message as to how many adults are coming, or e.mail me. Thanks!

There is lots of room. Over 220 visited us this past weekend.

18-Jul-17
Chris and I, her grandson, and Annie..

And 2 other adults who left their trailer up there from last weekend. Kenny and Debbie.

18-Jul-17
Just missed you guys.....

18-Jul-17
When was ya there?

19-Jul-17
Sunday around noon or so......shot a bunch of 10 rings:)

19-Jul-17
Ya couldn't have. I shot them all out before ya got there:)

19-Jul-17
Hayl they all looked new to me.... Figured then that Red Beastmaster and Harry Carry were there :)

19-Jul-17
Yes they were and I noticed they both had metal detectors strapped on their backs. LOL

19-Jul-17
Mr Perfect too? :)

19-Jul-17
He had two metal detectors on his back:)

20-Jul-17
Some of us are here. Weather looks good for tomorrow.

21-Jul-17
Its an awesome morning.

21-Jul-17
Where ya at Dale

21-Jul-17
Waffle House.

21-Jul-17
Hot dog shop.

22-Jul-17
Sorry I was st the 10 Ring Hall of Fame ceremonies... I was MC:) There are only 10 guys in the world that get called 10 Ring..... I get 9 Christmas cards:)

22-Jul-17
Glad I have my muck boots on:)

22-Jul-17
Man! Sorry the weather didn't cooperate this weekend. Sorry I missed it but kinda glad I stayed home and dry

22-Jul-17
Been nice this afternoon.

23-Jul-17
Just got home, had a great time. Grandson had to shoot 500 arrows. I think he will be whooping me in less than a year. This was his first camping trip, 3D shoot and first time shooting an adult bow. Kids a natural. He will be with us on every camping trip from now on. He even started the camp fires with a striker and dry birch bark. Dale and all, you guys did a wonderful job. Thanks

23-Jul-17
Julie and I had a great time and enjoyed meeting everyone. We made it home about 430. We want to thank everyone that worked so hard to put this on. Hope to see some of you in two weeks..

23-Jul-17
Are you the Ed I talked to yesterday?

23-Jul-17
Yes I am!

24-Jul-17
Heck I didn't know that.

24-Jul-17
So.....pictures? Hope to make it out next year.

• Sitka Gear