Mike F 22-Nov-16
CaptMike 22-Nov-16
GoJakesGo 22-Nov-16
Konk1 23-Nov-16
Konk1 23-Nov-16
Tweed 28-Nov-16
Konk1 28-Nov-16
22-Nov-16
I was thinking about deep frying half a rear quarter , like a turkey . Has anyone tried this

22-Nov-16
There is currently a thread about this on the main forum. The only way I've ever fried it was 1inch cubed, flour, pepper, tony catchers creole seasoning. Cast iron skillet. Lard as my frying medium.

Coat with flour mixture and fry for about 1 min 30 seconds. Make some fresh fried onion strings to go with it and bam. Great halftime football snack!

22-Nov-16

Mike F's Link
I found this link. Sounds very interesting.

I take a good size chunk of backloin, coat it with my favorite rub, get some bacon grease very hot, sear the loin and then put it into a 450 degree oven until done to my preferred doneness rare/med rare.

22-Nov-16
I have marinated and injected half a backstrap and fried in the turkey fryer, just as you would a whole turkey. Great tasting and moist, the hot oil seals the juices in.

22-Nov-16
It took me a few birds to get the EXACT time and temp needed to cook the perfect bird. Not sure id like to mess up a backstrap but id bet it be tasty if done right!

23-Nov-16
Any one try deep frying venison steak? I like to cut the hams into 1" thick steaks for grilling. I think this weekend would be a good time to try this.

23-Nov-16
Any one try deep frying venison steak? I like to cut the hams into 1" thick steaks for grilling. I think this weekend would be a good time to try this.

28-Nov-16
So how did the deep fried venison turn out?

28-Nov-16
I got a late start, so I decided to grill it instead.....MMMM Good. The deep frying is still something I want to try. Deep frying steak is big down south.

• Sitka Gear