Bob in Southington 24-Nov-16
BOBHUNT71 24-Nov-16
SILVERADO 24-Nov-16
yukon roz 24-Nov-16
>>---CTCrow---> 26-Nov-16
Zack 26-Nov-16
Wild Bill 27-Nov-16
22-Nov-16
Has anyone had success with "blood trailing lights"? UV or LED? Or are they a waste of money? Any favorite brand?

22-Nov-16
Never used one. I'm guessing a gimmick. I use patience and a good eye. Worked so far for me.

22-Nov-16
Have never tried one. Online reviews are generally poor. I have heard that hydrogen peroxide in a spray bottle helps reveal blood by fizzing. Might be another alternative

22-Nov-16
Tried one twice, a waste of money in my opinion.

24-Nov-16
Thanks, your input it greatly appreciated. Safe hunting.

24-Nov-16
Have one useless

24-Nov-16
I agree waste of money. A bright non LED flashlight (incandescent) works much better. IMO the LED which casts a blue hue actually washes the blood out, and I have a harder time finding the blood If it's a sparse trail. I use a stream light survivor light with the xenon bulb.

24-Nov-16
2x stream light works good but #1 thing is limit your shots to broadside clean kills

26-Nov-16
The best blood trailing light is sun light. Specially if you shoot it at 7 am. You get 9 hours + of it. If I'm in coyote infested land, I don't hunt the pm. I don't recall when the last time I left a deer sit overnight was.

26-Nov-16
I have tried two of them, Junk, couldn't see the blood very good. Have had trouble with any L.E.D lights. Best light I have for tracking is my 18 volt Ryobi with Krypton bulb, blood seems to really stand out.

27-Nov-16
I found a bright white light, near to horizontal, while on my hands and knees, will cause a shine on wet blood.

• Sitka Gear