WoundChannel 29-Nov-16
Reggiezpop 29-Nov-16
Novemberforever 29-Nov-16
Tweed 02-Dec-16
bowneida 02-Dec-16
therealdeal 02-Dec-16
bowneida 03-Dec-16
22-Nov-16
Who's heading out after the orange army clears out? Do you get as excited to hunt this time of year? What's your strategy?

23-Nov-16
Me, hope for cold and hunt the food.

23-Nov-16
I'm looking forward to some snow on the ground. By then I should be able to draw again.

23-Nov-16
I hunt late season. Looking forward to it. Checking my cameras I am seeing two of the big guys I have been after still alive as of Tuesday.

23-Nov-16
Really enjoy late season, although I have rarely seen a buck and most of the time it seems as if I'm hunting in a desert. If have access to a property with food left on it, such as standing corn, then you will be in business.

23-Nov-16
I will be out to try to fill my doe tag. Providing the temps don't plummet, there is something magical about hunting late season. You will pretty much have the entire woods to yourself. You can even hunt public land in peace.

23-Nov-16
I'll be out there for sure. Concentrating on "ceder swamps" just as trapper said. I think we should start a thread talking about late season tactics. I know a few guys can really shed some light on it for others and even myself. Tweed I was talking about smokey on the forum, not smokey the bear lol. I know he has a confident game plan when the late snow is in the air.

23-Nov-16
I'll be out there. Collin and I are going back up to Fairchild to hunt in the bluffs again in a few weeks. I'll be hunting quite a bit down here as well. I think the deer will be thick in the bluffs once it actually gets cold. I think the deer by my house don't change their patterns much at all from season to season. They simply find an area they like and call it home.

23-Nov-16
I will be there. Vacation a few days a week after gun season up to January 7th. The best time of the year. No one in the woods and plenty of deer to be had.

23-Nov-16
I just posted this on another thread but feel it is worth putting here also. A large portion of the state will have an antlerless hunt and then a holiday hunt after the end of the firearm season. During that time, archery hunters will only be allowed to shoot antlerless deer. What that means is that the archery hunters have lost a couple more weeks of a season they once had.

23-Nov-16
MJikeF +1....Day after Christmas this year.

23-Nov-16
I hunt the late season....Nothing better than bow hunting in the morning and ice fishing in the afternoon. Hell, don't even have to go home to change clothes. Life is good..

23-Nov-16
I've hunted the December antlerless hunts before but never been very successful. I still have a doe tag for archery so if I don't get out, I got one deer this season which is much better than the past three years.

24-Nov-16
Home for Thanksgiving, I hope all of you are with family or friends, or just at peace....... I am a serious late season hunter,,, taken my best buck in the late season, and several others, including does for meat...... for the most part the woods are quiet, you can get into areas, if they are frozen,,,,, However it is very weather dependent, and of course its all about, cover and food, and where you hunt......

Hunting the big woods, lets say north of 8, is very time consuming, which most do not have, or those retired, care not to do, other things like first ice etc........

southern hunting has its own challenges, being able to get on private land, since the public has really been under a lot of pressures........

I have my own tricks, and tactics, but it is a great time to hunt, but if you are one that needs a lot of action, or only want to sit all day in one spot, it may not be for you.....

I use to a have a group, and we did deer drives with our bows,,,, we were organized, all serious bowhunters, and we had definite strategy, ran the hunts, made maps, etc, one day we killed 6 deer in 3 hours,,,,, all shots were close and the deer just loping along,,,,,, however, that gang is gone now, do not believe, I could get a group like that anymore, they ate and breathe this stuff, and one mother, who was a great archer, was the finest recurve shot, I had ever seen,,,,,,,,

24-Nov-16
another thing that killed the drives, was lost of the farmland tag,,,,, we would be in 3 counties, during one morning of driving, and now with the micro management of the counties, that is lost,,,,,,, not saying its a bad thing, its just the way it is...... I live in a multiple county area, one side of my woods is in 2 different counties, and a short walk your in another.......... I doubt these southeast counties need to be this over managed but it is what it is.....

24-Nov-16
I'm still out there with a bow . My property in the U.P. really gets good a week after gun . I think the neighbor's bait pile's run out then . Last three year's I've gotten a nice buck after gun . There's something I love about a blood trail in the snow . It's worth freezing my butt off , just to see it . I know I'm a sick person .

25-Nov-16
I will be out there until the last minute of the last day. Can't wait for snow and consistent cold temps. We have plenty of turnips, radishes, and standing corn to keep the deer fat and happy.

25-Nov-16
A lot of clear cuts in my area but I've never hunted one. What are the best tactics? Hunting the edges or right in the cut? Mornings or afternoon? Ect.

28-Nov-16
On a normal year I would be ice fishing. But no ice yet so I'll bowhunt after that dumb Doe hunt .

29-Nov-16
I do not gun hunt and after the reports of lack of deer sightings, (8 deer seen by 4 hunters in 9 days) I will not be going out to fill my doe tag. Good luck to all that do hunt late season. I guess I'll wait for the snow and the snowshoeing season. :)

29-Nov-16
I'll be out. Did not get out this year because of work so hopefully late season opens up for me.

29-Nov-16
I'm hoping to be out. I reinjured the finger last weekend so now it seems like I won't be out until mid-Dec. Nice thing about hunting the metro is that we get a few extra weeks. Now that the gunners are out of the woods I hope to do some scouting. Hunting feels a lot more like hunting when its cold out.

29-Nov-16
Tweed- In the metro sub units you can hunt with the gun until December 7th. Just a heads up.

29-Nov-16
Does the lesser weapon law still apply for later metro units? Meaning, if someone shot a buck during bow season, can they shoot a buck with their bow and use gun tag in metro units?

29-Nov-16
More importantly ml is going on now. 4 day doe hunt then holiday hunt. How many in high dpsm counties will spend 1/2 day hunting? Crickets

02-Dec-16
Next Thursday looks like the temperatures are going to take a dip. Should see some deer up and moving.

02-Dec-16
I'm hoping to get out in a tree again. The holiday hunt does'nt affect us up in forest county does it? (as far as shooting bucks)

02-Dec-16
Ruger, don't you have a boat?

03-Dec-16
I dont have a doe tag, can I shoot a buck in the buck only counties during the Holiday hunt? (Forest and Florence counties)

• Sitka Gear