Crusader dad 03-Dec-16
Tweed 03-Dec-16
Crusader dad 03-Dec-16
Jeff in MN 04-Dec-16
23-Nov-16

Tweed's Link
Has anyone seen this? Crazy....

23-Nov-16
I don't do Facebook so it won't let me see. Can you screenshot a pic of it?

23-Nov-16
I'll email it to you

23-Nov-16

Tweed's embedded Photo
Rack
Tweed's embedded Photo
Rack
Tweed's embedded Photo
No outdoor plumbing
Tweed's embedded Photo
No outdoor plumbing
Tried to capture shots of the video but not the best quality.

24-Nov-16

Jeff in MN's embedded Photo
Jeff in MN's embedded Photo

Jeff in MN's Link
8 point doe shot near Green Bay.

25-Nov-16
I don't know if anyone knows the answer but will these does try to breed other does? Will bucks breed them? Can they even have babies? Just a little curious.

25-Nov-16
Interesting thought awh032, can you all imagine what you would have thought if you were bowhunting in september and saw 2 fawn nursing from one of these antlered deer?

28-Nov-16
Imagine the reaction of the buck that smells her coming into heat, crashes through some bushes and sees what appears to be a buck. What takes over- his nose that tells his hormones to breed or his eyes that tell his hormones to fight?

30-Nov-16
Did they use some funky lens for the picture of that Green Bay doe or is that guy in the picture a little guy? That looks bigger than a 180lb liveweight deer.

02-Dec-16
Whatever trick they used I want to know what it is before the next buck I shoot that has ground shrinkage.

02-Dec-16

orionsbrother's embedded Photo
orionsbrother's embedded Photo
No doubt, Jeff. Look at the second pic from the link, where the deer is laying out...180lb liveweight? Is that guy 4'7"?

I'm gonna use that lens and have my kids hold my fish for pictures from now on.

02-Dec-16
I think the difference between the two pics is the camera person laid on the ground and gut up close on the pic where the deer looks so big. At first I thought the 'big deer' pic was just and enlargement of the same picture. But if you look close at where the right side antler is in relation to his vest/arm/shoulder they are different.

I suppose by doing that the ratio of distance from the camera to the deer versus to the shooter increased significantly.

02-Dec-16
It looks bloated because of the wait to field dress it in order to get the photos/ proof-of-doe documentation.

03-Dec-16
Quick question. You still have to use your buck tag right?

03-Dec-16
A buck is a male so I would so no but its not exactly anterless either..... Free deer to clean up the gene pool?

03-Dec-16
Our liscenses say antlered or antlerless. Not male or female. If I shot the deer thinking it was a buck I'd be happy with, I'd happily use my buck tag. Just not sure if you get the free pass or not. I'd also happily take the free pass so I could go after something that has some balls. I know that is selfish of me and I'd be happy with one buck a year but I wouldn't turn down the legal chance at another one.

04-Dec-16
Yup, an antlered deer is one with at least one antler that is 3 or more inches long. There are plenty of bucks that get recorded as antlerless but not many doe that get registered as antlered like this one did.

• Sitka Gear