bigbuckbob 24-Nov-16
SILVERADO 24-Nov-16
longbeard 28-Nov-16
Will 29-Nov-16
bb 29-Nov-16
23-Nov-16
If he presents go for it

23-Nov-16
Do not shoot. Sign him up for Obama Care health plan first, then shoot.

23-Nov-16
Yes , you should soot if you can . He's a nice deer and it's better then being eaten alive by coyotes

23-Nov-16
Shouldn't affect the taste in anyway.

23-Nov-16
Shouldn't affect the taste in anyway.

23-Nov-16
Shoot

23-Nov-16
Shoot him if you have a chance!

23-Nov-16
Shoot him please!

23-Nov-16
Got a hang hoof

23-Nov-16
If you don't want him, I could put the meat to good use!

Seriously.

And yes, I would put him down at any reasonable opportunity.

23-Nov-16
YES

23-Nov-16
I don't like shooting young bucks either, but given the chance, I'd tag him.

24-Nov-16
Better to go down quickly with a well placed arrow than slowly to a bunch of coyotes.

24-Nov-16
SWK - I posted a differ thread about antler growth and leg injuries. Curious to see if you have any updates, one way or another...

24-Nov-16
Yes.. Take him out.. Not only would his antlers deform the following year but you can clearly tell I the second video something is really wrong with his leg.. Hate to see an animal suffer.. I would absolutely take him out immediately

24-Nov-16
How do you know he's lame??? His friends may think he's the life of the party!!!

24-Nov-16
Definitely shoot, better than having the coyotes tear at his flanks for hours.

24-Nov-16
I'd def shoot him, never gonna be able to outrun coyotes. If they're in the area he will die a painful death. I'm not a fan of killing young bucks either but this is the ethical thing to do.

28-Nov-16
I would not shoot him...Other than the bum leg he looks very healthy. I've seen deer way worse off than that make it through even rougher winters than we have. Give him another two weeks or so to heal and see how he is doing then before you make a decision.

29-Nov-16
No joke Paul. I was watching National Geographic TV the other night, and there was a show about africa's predators. Watching this zebra get eaten by hyena's was brutal. The thing is still trying to hold it's head up and they are ripping off chunks from the rear end and literally neck deep in the body cavity pulling stuff out. I have no idea if coyotes do the same, but looking at the few deer kills I've found which coyotes did do, the amount of blood spray and clear carnage that occurred makes me think it's similar.

Nature's wild predators are hundreds of times more brutal than human hunters.

I'd shoot him if given a good chance.

29-Nov-16
Tough call. I tend to agree with Longbeard on this, He may end up being OK if left alone. I'm pretty sure I would shoot him though.

• Sitka Gear