GF 26-Nov-16
soapdish 26-Nov-16
GF 27-Nov-16
grizzlyadam 27-Nov-16
soapdish 27-Nov-16
23-Nov-16

soapdish's embedded Photo
While hunting I received these pics. I guess he was marking up all the trees behind my house and was not willing to vacate the area.

23-Nov-16
Open the gate and claim self-defense.

23-Nov-16
Very cool

23-Nov-16
Six, that's what my kid said. A friend of ours stop by to try and scare him off, he (the bear) swatted his paws and charged at him. Wondering if he's making a den

23-Nov-16
I don't believe I would bother to chase a bear off without my .45/70 close at hand.

But first I think I'd peg him with a big rubber blunt from an appropriate distance...

23-Nov-16
Actually looking at the pik, I'd run real quick and kick em in the jimmies. Then run really really fast.

24-Nov-16
I guess you could throw a cinder block at him to piss him off just to see what he does..

24-Nov-16
What part of state?

25-Nov-16
Windsor locks

25-Nov-16
That's pretty cool, but a bummer too... Is that a tag in his ear?

25-Nov-16
Yes

26-Nov-16
Known troublemaker?

They should have a 3 strikes tagging system. They relocate a bear once, yellow tag. Twice, red tag. Red-tagged bear causes trouble? There ain't no third-time relocation program.

Or maybe the first years of the bear season (which they're going to have to authorize sooner or later), maybe we're only allowed to shoot tagged bears...

26-Nov-16
They use to move them only to have them come back

27-Nov-16
Exactly. If they can't take the hint, they gotta go.

May as well sell a few tags and provide a recreational opportunity.

Yeah, there are all kinds of opportunities for people to abuse a system like that, but those are the same people who are going to be poaching them anyway.

27-Nov-16
I've only seen 7 bears from the stand this season so far, last year I saw 15. None had ear tags. I've only ever seen one with an ear tag. Yesterday when I came out of the woods there were bear tracks following my tracks from when I went in. Earlier this season I had two cubs five yards in front of me eating acorns and momma with another cub were sitting at the base of my tree. I was only 12 feet up, cant believe they didn't see me. A bear got one of my chickens this year. I'm getting really tired of them, we need a season.

27-Nov-16

This is why we need a season. Damn thing has no consideration for others as to where he goes. Such disrespect.

• Sitka Gear