sundaynwv 30-Nov-16
Babysaph 30-Nov-16
WV Mountaineer 30-Nov-16
sundaynwv 01-Dec-16
WV Mountaineer 01-Dec-16
sundaynwv 02-Dec-16
wvmule 02-Dec-16
26-Nov-16
Is there a place to go to see the running deer kill numbers for our state? With the computerized Check in I would think they know minute by minute the number of deer killed.

27-Nov-16
Nevermind I found it

27-Nov-16
Where did you find 2016 deer kill numbers.

29-Nov-16
DNR knows the numbers. It's a slap in the face to sportsmen that numbers are not out. We knew them very early last year when harvest numbers were up.

29-Nov-16
Yes Last year seems like WV DNR , release numbers for first week. Kill may be down or not .due to , low mast , or to much mast, may it is to dry ,LOL I know my take this year is i didnt see as many deer, or hear nearly the shooting on first couple days. However hunters are taking some really good bucks here in mason co.

29-Nov-16
Say what you want. I heard 7 shots total on Monday and 4 on tuesday where I hunt. Hunter numbers are down as well. I don't care what they say. I bowhunted Sat for 3 hours in morning and 3 in evening and heard 2 shots. I remember when I could not count the shots within in earshot. But hey, less hunters in good. I don't care if I am the last hunter left. Imma hunt. LOl

29-Nov-16
Kinda sad, Ohio has already released how many deer were killed on the first day.

29-Nov-16
The deer kill will be down because of a bad case of mastitis within the deer heard

29-Nov-16
I predict the (recorded) harvest reports will be down significantly. Reason: The good ol' boys and the old fogies like me either won't or don't know how to use their Smart phones.

:^)

29-Nov-16
Seems around where I hunt shots are way down overall but the shots I do hear are closer and closer ... haha.

30-Nov-16
Last year, we had harvest numbers on Tuesday. Maybe they bought a new program and didn't tell us. Lol

30-Nov-16
I think it will down too. It takes a few days to doctor the records. But with the big mast crop it should be up. Or wait. Does that mean it will be down?

30-Nov-16
It is definitely down. No shortage of deer though. Just a harder year to hunt them. Rifle kill will likely suffer the most. Hunting a waning or post rut as many were, always reduces kill numbers for rifle hunters. Less deer than last year will have an effect as well. More mast will have an effect. There are lots of variables that indicate it has to be lower. No doctoring needed to determine that. It'd be nice to finally see exactly where they are at though. God Bless

01-Dec-16
Our season has a,ways come in the Monday before Thanksgiving. We typically have a post rut gun season.

WVMountaineer, Hope you got to hunt on Sunday.

01-Dec-16
I did not. I was returning from the Glades. But, If I'm still alive come late December, I intend to enjoy some Sunday Bowhunts. And, some January and February small game Sunday hunts.

I speak for everyone in the counties that passed this last election: Thank you for the effort and, the results. This would have never happened had you not consolidated Hunters under the same cap. We needed a leader and you do a great job at leading for this cause. We simply never would have done it here without you. Thanks again. God Bless

02-Dec-16
It was a group effort. Individual counties had leaders like you and the overall movement had people like Jeromy Rose who fights hard for Sunday hunting rights,even though his county passed Sunday hunting years ago.

The arguments against Sunday hunting are dwindling. Statewide is near.

02-Dec-16
I did very little and am glad to be able to contribute in some way to helping hunters have more experiences and days afield. I am really amazed with the voters and the volunteers who helped all 11 counties be successful. I didn't see that coming.

• Sitka Gear