Novice 11-Dec-16
MF 11-Dec-16
Tweed 11-Dec-16
MF 11-Dec-16
Crusader dad 12-Dec-16
26-Nov-16

Nocturnal8's embedded Photo
Nocturnal8's embedded Photo
I was doing a little recon this morning and I come across this young 1 inch spike buck. shot in the lower chest and left to lay because some piece of shit Hunter cant control his emotions and feels the need to pull the trigger. To say I'm upset is an understatement. What a beautiful deer gone to waste. I followed the footsteps in the spongy moss to a cleared out pine less than 60 yards away.

26-Nov-16
Ive said it for years. I love hunting but cant stand most deer "hunters" Thankfully most on this site are hard working ethical men/women.

26-Nov-16
Anyone that would intentionally leave game behind are not "HUNTERS" and should stay out of the woods

26-Nov-16
I agree with all of you..

Dukes now that is a shame. That's a tough thing for a 12 year old to see too. It is unfortunate to burn a tag like that but I think it's great he knew what to do. Raising him right!!

26-Nov-16
Sadly, gun hunting and the thirst to kill something with an easy weapon draw some of the lowlifes out in the woods. Thankfully, most are pretty appreciative of the opportunity to hunt, for the hunt. My wife and I just got done eating a grilled mock tender tonight, to waist anything like that is a crime. It is unfortunate, but will always be that way. I make sure when I talk to people that I press the point of the ethical hunt, and the rewards of success when all your work comes together and you are rewarded with the meat, and the memories.

26-Nov-16
just goes to show you that some people could care less about others it is so disqusting it make me sick. A few years ago my son and I hunted some blinds I had set up in state land near my home. we hunted them up to the thurs morning.begore gun opener. I fri morning we went to remove our blinds and someone had shot 3 does and left them in the middle of the 1/8 mile road into the stateland.They were piled on top of each other like someone was trying to make a statement. This was a real eyeopener of what kind of people really exist out there.

27-Nov-16
I found a doe fawn like that a few years back. I hate to stereotype but I'm beginning to feel a bit of distain for the weekend warrior gun hunting crowd.

27-Nov-16
Hard to believe a hunter would walk away from a 140 incher.

27-Nov-16

Mike F's embedded Photo
Mike F's embedded Photo
Sad but true. These people are NOT Hunters. They lack ethics and respect for the game and the hunters out there. Walking into the woods yesterday we discovered some vehicle tracks that weren't ours. After a short walk we came upon a buck that had been shot, the head cut off and the body dumped in the grass, left to rot.

The deer was not hit by a car and was in healthy shape. The deer has a gun shot wound in the front shoulder area and appeared to be healthy. I called the local warden and was was told that there is nothing they can do if there is nothing more than the deer's body at the scene.

What causes people to do things like this? Lack of respect? The need to have a nice set of antlers on the wall? Lack of ethics?

It's a sad day when deer hunting has come down to this....

27-Nov-16
X2 Tweed.

27-Nov-16

27-Nov-16
That is a law breaker and poacher, not a hunter.

27-Nov-16
Terrible side effect of not having to take the deer somewhere to register it.

At least before they had to hake the deer out of the woods.

27-Nov-16
Lets here an AMEN to that .

27-Nov-16

JR1984's Link
I found this one this past Monday. The shooter didn't look very hard  photo image000000_zpsivto5wmu.jpg

27-Nov-16
"Terrible side effect of not having to take the deer somewhere to register it." Call in registration didn't make this happen, in fact, I bet it had NOTHING to do with it.

"At least before they had to hake the deer out of the woods." I'm pretty sure they still have to take the deer out of the woods, The handy new option of call in/online registration didn't come with a law stating hunters can kill game and leave it lay. Really, this new way of registering deer isn't that terrible and more than likely isn't the end of hunting as we know it.

"Hard to believe a hunter would walk away from a 140 incher." +1 (Which totals 173)

27-Nov-16
I know that this is a bowhunting forum, but c'mon guys, not all gun hunters are "idgets". Some of us are very good, respectful and ethical hunters.

I've been gun hunting for 28 seasons and bowhunting for 18. Not once have I been in the woods and thought "damn, every other dude out here is a poaching idiot". Broad brush-stroke statements tend to make "idgets" out of a lot of people too...

That said, some (and less than some guys tend to believe) of the guys are less than ethical and, in my opinion, should not even be called "hunters".

27-Nov-16
There's terrible people in all facets of life. The more people you have in any one single group of any particular group of people, the more likely you'll see a larger number of unethical people. I don't gun hunt a ton, but when I do, I carry the same ethics with the gun as I do the bow, as I do in life, and I'd bet the majority of people feel the same way. I could explain every photo with an alternative perspective if I wanted, but I'm afraid many archers already have their minds made up on what happened, using their detective skills. Honestly, we do no good pointing these things out, except that we should be intolerant of true violators, but I think it is best to leave the anti hunting sentiment to the anti hunters.

This applies to legal hunting techniques as well. We may not necessarily agree with a particular form of hunting, but if it's legal, it's best to keep it to ourselves when we don't agree. We are likely all guilty of this from time to time.

Wanton waste pisses me off too, but I'm not sure anti hunters care that hunters pointed out that they don't agree with wasting game, when anti hunters simply don't like hunters? When we point it out as a lumped group of people such as nasty gun hunters, it really says we all might suck? We all don't suck, and not even close do all gun hunters suck. I'm one, and I don't suck.

I'm not picking a fight. I'm just pointing out how people might come across to other people when they have nothing but the best intent in mind.

27-Nov-16
Not all folks who buy Wisconsin Deer Hunting Licenses are hunters. Some are just shooters and slobs who lack the self discipline to control themselves in the woods when no is looking and who lack respect for their quarry and/or the environment. You can read this in their behavior.

This morning my wife and I made a brief foray around the perimeter of our property. Near the west edge we found where a deer had been dragged from our property, under the fence, and ten feet onto the neighbor's property. Okay, good. Great, the shooter followed up his shot and recovered his deer. No problem there. The small gut pile ten feet over the fence told me it was probably a fawn or yearling deer. But, laying next to the gut pile was a pair of black latex gloves and a pair of those arm-length, shoulder high gutting gloves, and some soiled paper towels. All this was strewn about in the leaves. It was evident he wasn't going to come back and recover them. I must say, this scene caused me to loose a bit of respect for the hunters on the property to the west of me. Then near to the southeast corner of our property we found a dead yearling doe. Lots of blood in the area and a good blood trail leading to her. She was never followed by the shooter on the property to the south. My neighbor to the east saw two hunters (on the property to the south) shoot deer this year and never follow up their shots. The deer ran off and died. He tagged one of them so that one was recovered. I am not sure what happened to the other.

This sort of behavior is unbecoming to us all and lessens the quality of the outdoor experience. I just wonder how these folks can feel good about their prowess in the woods and the example they are setting. When we see this all we can do is make a silent promise to ourselves to rise above this sort of behavior. It would not do any good to try to talk to them, of course they would deny it. But we can vow to do better and then hope the sentiment spreads.

27-Nov-16
True - not all gun hunters are idgets. But all poachers are....

I can only hope for a quiet next 6 weeks and hope for the best. I have a few bucks left wandering around after dark. If the pressure subsides and it gets cold, hunting will get better.

I know gun season gets a lot of people all riled up, and sometimes it brings out the worst in people. Sure there are a lot of law abiding hunters out there and those people I respect. I have no respect for those who think they are above the law and can shoot after hours and think it's OK to just throw the carcass away.

28-Nov-16
I don't discriminate weapon type. And choose to stay away from that kind of negativity seeing as those kind of threads gravitate in that direction

29-Nov-16
"What causes people to do things like this? Lack of respect? The need to have a nice set of antlers on the wall? Lack of ethics?"

They're D-bags. A certain percentage of the population is just made up of D-bags.

My friends and I have found the same sort of poaching and dumping remains. It pisses us off.

I have some good friends who do not bowhunt. I gun hunt with them. They are great guys. It's really the only time that I see them. I enjoy that time with them even though I prefer bowhunting. I just kill my deer within bow range. My friends are just as disgusted by wanton waste as you are.

There are plenty of stand-up gun hunters. You just don't notice them because they aren't out there acting like D-bags.

29-Nov-16
Sad. Opening day we watched a guy hugging our wire give a 3 round burst@707 am opening morning. Small buck and doe dead 30 feet inside my land. Warden said no interest, no case. Cant prove wanton waste. I know this assclowns name. Miller lite. Welcome to wisconsin ethics.

29-Nov-16
Unless you were in a large open field, you must have been in close proximity to the wire yourself at 7:07. Just sayin'...

29-Nov-16
Dear capt, i was 440 yards from the leased wire and saw the shots. The combine ran over the deer 12 hours later. The warden hadno interest. Sick wisconsin immoral behavior. I can assure you a 2.5 yo whopper 101 inch buck would have had s phone call. I know of this dude and he can enjoy his wire hunts in the future.

30-Nov-16
November, maybe next year you should sit right on the wire yourself. Put a no trespassing sign up right there as well. I bet that guy will think twice about sitting on the wire or at least shooting over the line. It might ruin your hunt but it will definitely ruin his.

I had to do this a few years back with a guy that would shoot over the fence into one of my fields. I sat right on the fence line with my back toward him. I was hunting my land and he was now stuck with a 20 yd wide 60 yd long area instead of the whole thing. Wind was in my face so very cig I smoked out there went right to him as well. Needless to say, he found somewhere else to hunt that weekend. Now that I haven't been up there in a few years, they've moved right back in and were even caught this year on my side of the fence and in one of my stands. Sometimes you have to be an asshole to beat an asshole.

30-Nov-16
"Sometimes you have to be an asshole to beat an asshole."

November will win then.

30-Nov-16
Realdeal, LOL!

10-Dec-16
Went and sat tonight for the one chance I had this weekend. Went to the small extra piece I leased (and overpaid for.) Since the corn was just harvested this week there I figured I would put my pop up blind up right in the field to catch them coming out to feed. After I'm set up for almost 45 min, the neighbor shows up. No big deal. I watch him walk in and he waves his arm up a few times. That's nice. He acknowledged he saw me. Good. Then he gets in some trees not far (on his side) and directly in line from me. Well I don't plan on shooting over the line and can't really see off the field edge anyway. So, whatever. He then gets down at 4 pm (basically an hour after getting there.) Ok, maybe he got a phone call and had to leave. He gets in his truck and drives directly into the woods and guns it as he goes by. Well, thanks. Then he turns around and revs er up again as he goes by. Out his driveway he goes. See ya. 5 min later, he comes back and does the same thing. In and out of the woods gunning it. Then drives up the other neighborhor's driveway, and turns around. Here we go again. Same thing, and this time he stops and sits there just in line with me (still on his driveway in the woods. ) Just shaking my head. Seems inevitable there's gonna be some words. It's now close to close. So, I climb out and stand next to my blind. He then drives out and actually leaves for good. Still can't believe it. What's wrong with people? Was he afraid I was going to shoot his deer (a doe-its antlerless season) ? Can't be. I'm hunting on the property I leased, which is not his land. I guess he can do whatever he wants on his land, which must include ruining his own hunt and acting like he's mentally ill. Still don't get it.

10-Dec-16
Maybe he was hoping to push some your way?

10-Dec-16
Novice...... one spot I hunt.....got the same thing. I just don't let him know it bothers me.

11-Dec-16
Tweed, he was definitely doing a "drive." No benefit to me, however. Just glad my teenage hunting partner wasn't there to witness the spectacle. Not sure how I would've explained that to him nor do I want that type of behavior modeled to him.

11-Dec-16
I had a neighbor who used to do the same sort of thing every morning of rifle season when he saw either me or my wife in our stands. Each of our stands were 60 - 125 yards from the line fence. Anyrate, without him realizing it he actually pushed deer past both of us and, over the years, gave us multiple shot opportunities. We never took advantage of any as they were not the opportunities we wanted, but I often wondered what he would think if he knew he was actually helping, and not hampering, our hunting. Perhaps you could do that, thank him for making a disturbance and getting the deer up and moving. If he thought he was helping you see deer I betcha he'd quit this sort of behavior in a minute!

Just my two cents worth. If this is reverse psychology maybe it is time to turn the tables on him! Good luck.

11-Dec-16
Novice.....to bad you didn't have a video camera with you and recorded his actions, might fall under the hunter harassment law.

11-Dec-16
Casekiska, that's why I remained in the blind until almost close. Wasn’t going to give him the satisfaction. Besides was hoping something would still come out maybe on the other side of the field. MF, the last time he did it I did pull out my phone and turned the video on. I really thought I would be approached and wanted it recorded. It didn't come to that, though. Since he was on his own land I really don't think any authority would do anything about it.

11-Dec-16
Doesn't have to be on your lease or your own property to be harassment!

11-Dec-16
That might be true MF but it would be almost impossible to prove. Knowing something and proving something are 2 totally different thinga unfortunately.

11-Dec-16
I hear ya, but its a start by voicing a concern to the right authorities, if not nothing will ever get done or accomplished.

12-Dec-16
I had a guy that would drive his four wheeler up and down the trail for hours if he knew I was there. The trail goes right through the property. He would go from road to road and back again. I circumvented this by leaving my truck parked at my inlaws and walking all the way to the spot. As long as my truck wasn't parked there I never had an issue. The guy is now dead and the new owner of the house lets me park right in the driveway. Problem solved.

Novice, have you ever spoken with this person? Sometimes a simple discussion in which you remain calm and respectful is enough to solve the problem. If he's an asshole during that conversation you can inform him that you have shown the video to your local law enforcement and they've assured you that if he does the same thing again he will receive a ticket for harassment. He doesn't have to know you're just bullshitting him. Sometimes the threat of a ticket is enough to solve the problem. Good luck whatever you do.

• Sitka Gear