soapdish 26-Nov-16
notme 26-Nov-16
Wild Bill 27-Nov-16
yukon roz 27-Nov-16
BOBHUNT71 27-Nov-16
steve 27-Nov-16
Richm444 28-Nov-16
26-Nov-16
I went out tonight and have always heard about guys spraying some doe in estrous every so often into the air. I saw some scrapes that were recently abandoned about a week ago that are now active. Seeing does without bucks told me that bucks were out cruising again. So I got on stand about 310 and gave a shot in the wind. About ten minutes later as the wind shifted I gave another shot of estrous. At 330 I had a buck come in from over 300 yards away. Now the wind was going left to right and right to left. This deer come from down below. This parcel is a series of hay fields and that's how I was able to watch him come from such a distance seeking out the source of the scent. So I guess the moral of the story is.....yes it works when appropriate. Yes I got the deer. No it was not with a bow (shotgun). Certainly not the buck of the year, month only the day. It was once a crappy six who apparently lost in the recent past for he is now a 3 and at the butcher. I estimate dressed out about 145. A buddy of mine from the campground is gonna teach me how to make pepperoni so I can share over the summer months with other campers.

26-Nov-16
Congrats on the deer.. Sometimes its not the rack or size its the hunt.. Nice story

26-Nov-16
I personally don't hunt racks. Land area is usually too small to focus on one in particular, they don't taste good, expensive to mount, landowner could care less. Yep it's about the story.

26-Nov-16
There ya go....congrats bud!!!!!

27-Nov-16
Congratulations on your successful tactic and take.

27-Nov-16
Great story .The deer by me weren't in fields this year at all too many nuts.

27-Nov-16
Congratulations and a great story.

27-Nov-16
Congrats

28-Nov-16
congratulations man

• Sitka Gear