Sitka Gear
State Land
Michigan
Contributors to this thread:
tyler116 27-Nov-16
sharpsticks 27-Nov-16
Shaft 29-Nov-16
27-Nov-16
I've been hunting for nearly a decade now for Whitetail in Michigan (I'm 21). For the past 10 years I've hunted on various private properties and have considered myself pretty blessed with what I've been able to shoot. Unfortunately, my luck has run out for the time being with private land opportunities and I'm looking to start hunting public land. Obviously, we all don't like to give away our secret spots, but that's not what I'm asking for.

I'm looking to simply fill a tag this year. I currently have a buck tag and a doe tag for Washtenaw County (the zone number slips my mind right now). Does anybody have advice on areas to pop up a blind for this late gun season/muzzle-loading season/late antlerless deer season? Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks,

T

27-Nov-16
Check out the Pinckney Rec Area decent amount of public land and some real good bucks.

29-Nov-16
Check out this interactive mapping web site for hunting State land here in Michigan. I found it to be very helpful. I could plug in the coordinates from my hand held GPS and view exactly where my tree stand sites were. https://www.mcgi.state.mi.us/mi-hunt/

• Sitka Gear