Bowmadness 27-Nov-16
dbl lung 27-Nov-16
skookumjt 27-Nov-16
Kdog 28-Nov-16
Bowmadness 28-Nov-16
Kdog 28-Nov-16
Bowmadness 28-Nov-16
27-Nov-16
Anyone on here lease land in a different state? Me and a couple buddies are looking at some other states properties that are up for lease. Anyone have any good or bad luck with this?

27-Nov-16
Open your wallet cause its going to cost you. I heard of 700+ acres in IA going for $30000 for 5 years. I know 5 guys that paid for it. According the landowners it has never been hunted. They were allowed to put cameras on it a month before signing to make sure it was worth.

27-Nov-16
I'd call $8.57/acre a pretty good deal for quality ground in IA. You can hardly find land for that in northern WI.

28-Nov-16
Not exactly, I own land in Wisconsin, but hunt on a "deer lease" in Texas. Owning the land in Wisconsin, is A LOT more expensive than my lease. Been hunting the lease for 11 years, owned my property for 3. I will try to help you out as best I can, but I don't think my situation is typical for leasing in terms of cost etc. because even for TX it is a very remote and large tract of land.

28-Nov-16
I found a 1300 acre piece in Kansas for $6,000 a year. I didn't think that was bad at all. There would be 4 people going in on it and only 2 hunting it at a time.

28-Nov-16
That is a steal of a deal if you ask me. Give it a shot and see how it goes.

28-Nov-16
That's what I think we are going to do. We are planning on a trip to go out and scout it out in January. It's worth a shot.

• Sitka Gear