Public Land Success
Ohio
Contributors to this thread:
BuckeyeArcher 29-Nov-16
Bows the way 02-Dec-16
hunter24 24-Jun-17
hunter24 24-Jun-17
29-Nov-16
I'm starting to bow hunt public land in Ohio. I've hunted Buck Creek and Sycamore. I'd like to hunt Wayne National, Burr Oak, and AEP AFTER gun season. I'm from Miami County (SW OH) and haven't traveled over there yet to scout etc. I'd like to get a few maps and review them prior. Are there any places in those areas you suggest to hunt or suggest to stay away from. Also, can you share any experience or success you have had on those lands? Feel free to include pics! Thanks in advance!

02-Dec-16
Stay away from maumee state forest in NW ohio carzy hunting pressure low kill rate even with all the big corn fields.

24-Jun-17
buckeye i live in Va. we hunt close to marietta ohio every year on wnf. great place to hunt. we always see bucks & one of us get a nice one every year. the key is staying in the stand .most of the deer we have killed has been around 12 to 1:30. I cant expess enough to stay in the stand all day.it can be tuff but it will pay off. Good luck

24-Jun-17

hunter24's embedded Photo
417.jpg
hunter24's embedded Photo
417.jpg
buckeye i live in Va. we hunt close to marietta ohio every year on wnf. great place to hunt. we always see bucks & one of us get a nice one every year. the key is staying in the stand .most of the deer we have killed has been around 12 to 1:30. I cant expess enough to stay in the stand all day.it can be tuff but it will pay off. Good luck

• Sitka Gear