Richm444 01-Dec-16
Brian M. 01-Dec-16
Wild Bill 01-Dec-16
Brian M. 02-Dec-16
Brianbowhunter 03-Dec-16
01-Dec-16

Richm444's embedded Photo
Richm444's embedded Photo
Somebody mentioned this earlier and I thought that I would throw in my observations.

A hotel manager told me that they use an Ozone machine to eliminate and neutralize smoke and odors. Apparently ozone is a molecule of 3 oxygen atoms and is created naturally during lightning strikes. It leaves a fresh smell of it's own that is similar to that after a rain storm

I bought an ozone machine on Amazon after my wife complained about our dogs smelling up the house. Well the wife complained about the ozone smell so I put it in the attic.

Last week I decided to dehydrate the meat scraps from my deer for dog treats. I had read that organ meat is good for your dogs so I cut up the heart and lungs. The lung meat smelled so bad the thought of it now gives me dry heaves. I pulled the ozone machine out of moth balls and fired it up - In no time at all the putrid smell of that lung meat was gone.

For what it's worth

01-Dec-16
I have one that I used for skunk odor removal. Worked great. I don't think people are supposed to be in the vicinity while it's in operation though. Not sure why.

01-Dec-16
Ozone can cause the muscles in the airways to constrict, trapping air in the alveoli. This leads to wheezing and shortness of breath. Ozone can:

Make it more difficult to breathe deeply and vigorously. Cause shortness of breath, and pain when taking a deep breath. Cause coughing and sore or scratchy throat. Inflame and damage the airways. Aggravate lung diseases such as asthma, emphysema, and chronic bronchitis. Increase the frequency of asthma attacks. Make the lungs more susceptible to infection. Continue to damage the lungs even when the symptoms have disappeared. Cause chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD).

These effects have been found even in healthy people, but can be more serious in people with lung diseases such as asthma. They may lead to increased school absences, medication use, visits to doctors and emergency rooms, and hospital admissions.

Long-term exposure to ozone is linked to aggravation of asthma, and is likely to be one of many causes of asthma development. Long-term exposures to higher concentrations of ozone may also be linked to permanent lung damage, such as abnormal lung development in children.

https://www.epa.gov/ozone-pollution/health-effects-ozone-pollution

02-Dec-16
Thanks Bill, that was the reason.

03-Dec-16
I ended buying a small one and run it inside my plastic bin, had deer in close and not busted so it seems to work

• Sitka Gear