Hoythunter 05-Dec-16
Chafskey 06-Dec-16
Dampland 06-Dec-16
brewcrewmike 06-Dec-16
Tweed 06-Dec-16
Jeff in MN 06-Dec-16
treegeek 08-Dec-16
01-Dec-16
Deer was recovered by hunter, removing all previous comments at that person's request.

01-Dec-16
Probably more DNR than PD I would guess. How much interest depends on the officer.

01-Dec-16

02-Dec-16

02-Dec-16
I agree Trapper, looks like a very nice deer. If someone does recover him I would like to see exactly what he is.

02-Dec-16
Nothing worse than seeing a deer suffer. Strange you didn't come across it while looking. I would wait a few days and check again. Coyotes would make a quick meal out of him in our area.

02-Dec-16
RJN, I don't like seeing them suffer either. We took a good drive around the surrounding area and couldn't spot him.

02-Dec-16
Some farmers bitch about hunters shooting arrows into their hay fields or leaving screw in steps in trees. But I find much more impact to wild things from the waste farmers leave around. Bailing twine, loose discarded barb wire, feed/seed sacks...

02-Dec-16
As a concerned land owner and avid hunter in this area can you give more specifics to the location in Menomonee Falls near Lannon as I do not want the deer to suffer as well and will go look for it

02-Dec-16
Military bases I have hunted on in the past were always interested in reports of concertina wire that hunters find on base. At first I thought they just wanted to get it out of there for the safety of troops while doing training. Now I realize they are probably just as concerned about wildlife getting messed up by it.

Hope that deer got out of it on his own, did the more recent observations of him indicate if the wire was gone?

03-Dec-16

03-Dec-16
brewcrewmike, I am local to this area and have known that deer for years now. Please PM me with more details. Thank You!

03-Dec-16
Very sad to see, hope its either freed up or dispatched soon

05-Dec-16

05-Dec-16
Killzone pm sent

05-Dec-16
I don't believe he was seen since Friday and on Friday he was still seen with barb wire wrapped around him.

05-Dec-16
This goes to show how a mature deer can be in a relatively small area and still seemingly disappear. He knows he's hurt, and he knows there are "predators" hunting him.

05-Dec-16

06-Dec-16
Brewcrewmike,hoythunter How is the search coming for the buck?

06-Dec-16
damn tragedy ..... sad so many big bucks go out like this or road kill, instead of by a decent hunter who actually will appreciate him.

06-Dec-16
I updated my initial comments to remove the location of the deer at the request of the hunter who did recover him. If they choose to, that person can tell the story.

06-Dec-16
With all the blanks in this thread now I'm waiting for the poaching conspiracy to start.

06-Dec-16
If conspiracy talk starts just ignore it.

08-Dec-16
Anything? Was it car hit? Lots of deer hit on main st right there. Wounded by hunter? Were its legs wrapped in barbed wire? Anything?

• Sitka Gear