Dutch 02-Dec-16
Pete-pec 02-Dec-16
Nocturnal8 02-Dec-16
Tweed 02-Dec-16
brewcrewmike 02-Dec-16
GoJakesGo 03-Dec-16
02-Dec-16

Tweed's Link
Curious if any of you fine folks are also on Lake Link.

My hunting season is over and I wont be able to draw a bow for a while so I plan on spending my remaining vacation days by the water. Looking forward to the hard water. Let me know your handle if you're over there.

02-Dec-16
I will read Lake-Link for ice reports, but aside from that, the bickering on there is even worse than on here. If you think deer hunters are bad with "their" spots, wait until people start sending you threats about giving away "their" secret honey holes...

In any case, my handle is badgers19 as well, I'll keep my messenger on if you ever want to meet up and fish.

02-Dec-16
I do the same as Badgers19...mainly go on there for ice reports. I try to get out ice fishing when I can on some smaller lakes. Hopefully it will get cold enough soon to start making ice! When I am logged in I am LotsoFish (which is never true...LOL)

02-Dec-16
I'll keep an eye out for you. What area do you fish?

You're right about the bickering. Right now its all about stocked brown trout on the harbor report.

02-Dec-16
I usually fish in the Lake Country around Dousman/Delafield/Oconomowoc area, but I'll go to Madison a lot to fish those lakes as well. I've been wanting to try to fish the harbor for browns, but I haven't made the investment into that gear. I mostly jig for panfish and walleye and I'll set tipups occasionally for pike (which I'd like to do more often this year).

02-Dec-16
I use lake link for ice reports more than anything. The dedicated fisherman that I know think it is a joke and actual claim numerous folks put decoy post out there to get the weekend warriors off the "good" spots. I go by the handle Old Man V. I have a place on Legend Lake. I fish mainly there, but follow Shawano, Wolf River, Black Otter, Winnebago, Poygan.

02-Dec-16
In my opinion, the worst thing that happened to fishing. Lake Noneya was saved for friends and family, not the rest of the world. I'm not the selfish type, but people give too much information away. With modern equipment, fish are taking a beating. Wasn't that long ago, it was 50 panfish, then 25, no big deal, 25 is plenty. Now many lakes are going to five or ten fish. Who is going to pack up the boat, fill it with gas, pay for the licenses, launch fees, etc., to go catch 10 panfish? I'm not saying it wasn't needed, I'm saying it wasn't needed to be shared so openly, of what was once a honey hole, that is now a dead sea. This cannot be blamed on Native American people. It is blamed on 20 something year old kids posting pictures and directions to the spot for everyone to read, because they want a big old Internet hug, because their mom and dad didn't tell them they loved them enough. It can be blamed on people who don't understand put and take. It can be blamed on greed.

I know I sound like an old man, but damn, many lakes have been piss pounded to near death. People don't understand that sometimes a couple-three limits a year is plenty. It's sad really. I could name ten lakes that I'm not sure will ever fully recover, and I could easily attribute big mouth lake link as a major contributor to getting the word out.

Sorry, it's just how I feel....along with many people I know, who've seen the same thing with their own eyes.

By the way, it is turning around. A lot less people giving GPS coordinates lol.

02-Dec-16
Pete-pec say no more. I've said the same thing for years about lake link. And that's just the thing. People posting pictures for the big internet hug. To much information on spots and lakes that use to be unknown became popular. techniques and lures used along with color. There are lakes by me that have been hit hard. Pan fish are now tiny and guys are keeping 4-6 inch gills when we use to catch and keep 8-12 inch gills often. As bad as it sounds, some lakes do need a lower bag limit on panfish.

02-Dec-16

Tweed's embedded Photo
Canoe fishing Milwaukee Harbor
Tweed's embedded Photo
Canoe fishing Milwaukee Harbor
Dang guys...... I only read the Lake Michigan/Harbor reports but haven't looked at the inland lake reports. Didn't know it was such a problem. I guess I see why its been mentioned a few times on another thread here about lowering the panfish limit.

Sad thing is that I was up near a small town in NW WI called Trego and they were begging some people to fish because the lakes were getting over crowded.

02-Dec-16
I post on there as Brewcrew Mike but I haven't contributed much if anything in some time.

03-Dec-16
Same handle. Fish flowages and rivers north of 29. Read ice reports and laugh at guys getting stuck.

• Sitka Gear