Garbanzo 05-Dec-16
jax2009r 05-Dec-16
tobywon 05-Dec-16
bigbuckbob 05-Dec-16
tobywon 05-Dec-16
bigbuckbob 05-Dec-16
04-Dec-16

shawnm's Link
Sorry the report is from Sept 15 through Nov 30.. I was on the deep website and they updated the kill report.. This is not a good year for numbers.. They were high at the beginning but dropped off..

04-Dec-16
Good for the deer ..?

04-Dec-16
Don't forget these #'s are a joke. There are a lot of hunters who do not even bother to report their kills. With the current online/phone in system, lack of reporting and illegal harvest is very easily done. I wish we would go back to the old paper tag system. At least with the paper tag system If you got caught transporting without a tag or an unpunched tag then you'd be in a lot of trouble.

04-Dec-16
I guess I tend to overestimate the honesty of others. Assuming the same % of people break the law each year, the trends should still be fairly accurate.

What always amazes me is that a few deer are reported from Hartford, etc each season. Archery I can somewhat understand, but 1 firearms kill?? Must have been an innocent victim of a drive-by...

04-Dec-16
Lol.. Seriously a shotgun rifle kill in Hartford.. Must of been a stray bullet from a drive by that accidentally hit the deer.. What a joke!!. I do not like the tagging reporting system deep has.. Its to easy to beat

05-Dec-16
It is all about $$$.. paper tag system and check in stations all require money. Then you need someone to enter all the data on the paper tags into your system so that you can do your management activities etc. All you need for the online system are a few good programmers and your data is already in the system.. People who are going to cheat are going to cheat. Yeah online system makes it easier, for people to cheat, but I'd rather have the $$ go to enforcement rather than print cost.

05-Dec-16
The states are wrong.. I took two deer on State land, recorded it and it is not listed.. They have 0's in that column

05-Dec-16
Never mind, the got archery all bunched into a single column.. Guess all of the other numbers are the gun numbers

05-Dec-16
there were guys who beat the old system too....I think they factor that in...

05-Dec-16
Just asking why Hartford is a surprise to some? I would imagine that there is some huntable property on the outskirts of Hartford like there is in New Haven, Bridgeport, Stamford, Greenwich, etc.

05-Dec-16
I used to see deer in Keeney Park when I would go there to play golf.

05-Dec-16
Yea Bob, but did you ever see any "birdies" :)

05-Dec-16
I saw the boogey man a lot.

You had to be careful when hitting a ball into the woods. If you went looking for your ball you might have to call in for a dead body,........it happened there more than once.

• Sitka Gear