babysaph 06-Dec-16
babysaph 06-Dec-16
babysaph 06-Dec-16
slimer2425 21-Dec-16
Babysaph 21-Dec-16
hookman 05-Jan-17
Babysaph 06-Jan-17
06-Dec-16
Just like to hear what people think of DNR not letting the public know about the kill numbers.

06-Dec-16
My question is does other states use the same program as us? If so, why are we the ones having difficulty? How valid are our numbers if they have to look at them and adjust for two weeks?

06-Dec-16
I told you guys but you wont listen. It takes time to Dr the numbers so the hunters dont get disgruntled. Sell those stamps. LOL

06-Dec-16
WV buck harvest rifle 2016 45,871. Second lowest total in 5 years .

06-Dec-16
If you throw out lowest and highest year Which was 2014 AND 15 . Still down 10 thousand buck deer from other years

06-Dec-16
According to an item I just saw on the WCHS TV web site, DNR officials claim the buck kill this year was down 25% from last year for the buck gun season and down in every county. Last year, if I remember correctly, we had some real nasty weather during the first part of the week and we're still down 25% this year.

06-Dec-16
Last season's first week WAS perfect with cool temps at night and upper 30's to low 40's during the day where we were at. This season was dismal the first two days, cold and WINDY. Nice on Wednesday, rain on Thursday, warm and sprinkled Friday, snowing-cold and windy on Saturday.

I knew they were going to be lower for several reasons. But, had no idea that much lower. However, I saw more deer bowhunting this year than the last decade of bowhunting.

God Bless men

06-Dec-16
I know it was down where I hunt.

06-Dec-16
one of the reasons it was down was because of the good mast crop.

06-Dec-16
one of the reasons it was down was because of the good mast crop.

21-Dec-16
Between some less than desirable weather and a decent mast crop, I expected the numbers for gun season to be down as well. Whenever there is decent mast and deer aren't slaves to corn feeders, the gun kill drops. Where I was gun hunting, I was completely surrounded by hunters sitting on top of feeders waiting their turn to shoot. On the adjacent 300 acres to me, 9 hunters & 11 feeders. To each his own and it's totally legal, but geesh, that is a bit much.

21-Dec-16
that is. I never understood that because when I put feeders out for pictures all the bucks are seen after dark. Never made sense to me. But remember low mast numbers also means a low kill. LOL. I know I should let that go but I have actually read that from the DNR

05-Jan-17
The worse season I have seen since I can't remember.

06-Jan-17
Yes I saw where the kill was way down.

• Sitka Gear