RC 04-Jan-17
Archer 05-Jan-17
RC 05-Jan-17
06-Dec-16

RoddS's embedded Photo
John and Jake
RoddS's embedded Photo
John and Jake
Been following this forum for years and finally posting! I am considering buying a camp in the Sigel area near CCSP/CCSF and wondered if anyone would be willing to offer an opinion of the hunting opportunity in this area. Having hunted public land most of my life am aware of the challenges that I will encounter there. I have 11 and 13 year old sons who will be trying for their first deer and was looking for very general opinions / recommendations for this area. Thanks to anyone who is willing to chime in!

06-Dec-16
Been years since i hunted that area but some guys i know have camps up around there have done really well on some nice bucks the last few years.ANF is just up the road from there,lot of deer hunting history in that area.cant imagine it would be to difficult to find some good places to hunt.

06-Dec-16
I have a camp in strattenville love hunting there deer are making a come back bear hunting is getting better try sgl 283

06-Dec-16

RC's embedded Photo
RC's embedded Photo
Taken maybe 15 miles from Sigel... Good deer population there. Buy the camp I say...

07-Dec-16
Great to hear! Thank you for the responses and encouragement and sharing the pic Roy.

03-Jan-17
Bought my camp just north of Marienville in 1985. I have been hunting 2F since 1974. The challenge in hunting that area is the woods are so big that the deer have many directions that they can move in. In 2014 I got a 21 1/2" inside spread 9 point. I will also say that there are a lot more woods than hunters in those parts now also. The overall deer numbers are down but the number of overall hunters is down even more. It is a great area with lots of bowhunting, general hunting, and other outdoor activities that my entire family enjoys. Get a couple kayaks and take your wife floating the clarion on a hot summer weekend and yours like mine will be telling you what weekends we gotta be at camp. i had a link ao an excellent bowhunting video a couple younger than I dudes put together on the ANF that I will look for and post here if I locate it.

04-Jan-17

Archer's Link
I attached the video. Very well done. Enjoy.

04-Jan-17
Very nice video..

05-Jan-17

Archer's Link
This is the video I had in mind. It focuses on hunting in the Allegheny.

05-Jan-17
Very well done, thanks for sharing..

• Sitka Gear