>>---CTCrow---> 13-Jun-17
bigbuckbob 14-Jun-17
SILVERADO 14-Jun-17
Woodsnut 14-Jun-17
SILVERADO 15-Jun-17
07-Dec-16

SILVERADO's embedded Photo
SILVERADO's embedded Photo
My bud just sent me this pic from a friend of his Guy is claiming that is was taken in Ridgefield. I'm pretty much 99.9999% positive there is no way it's a CT Deer but was wondering what u guys thought and if anyone knows any info about it.

07-Dec-16
I've got friends who like in Ridgefield who hunt and I haven't heard anything about it.

07-Dec-16
That's a world record buck if that was shot in CT I'm pretty sure it would shatter any existing record. Well over 200"

07-Dec-16
looks like a small body and head. wonder if it was fed all year from a supplement??

07-Dec-16

Recurveonly's Link
Thats fake 1)not a drop of blood anywhere2)Look at the head comparierd to the bodyit does not mach up look at the nech and then the head that is photo shop

07-Dec-16
I actually saw that one with my own eyes. But if someone on bowsite says its photoshopped then it must be. There are some farms that raise big ones like that. I've seen them on the internet.

07-Dec-16
Its a monster deer by CT standards however if it was a farmed deer that made its way out its possible. Most def not a wild CT deer. It is hard to look at this picture and see if it is shopped by any means. There needs to be more angles to be sure. Crazy rack structure though.

07-Dec-16
Penn deer, the antlers are too white, which tells me it was not rubbing. Face also looks like a young deer. If it's a real ct deer I'm sure it will be measured and registered in the book.

07-Dec-16
My friends uncle shot a 23 pointer in suffield back in the early nineties. The rack looked as if it just threw up. It was insane.

07-Dec-16
I'd like to hear more about this one from Adam.

CT deer? Unlikely as hell, but you just never know 'til you know.

07-Dec-16
Everyone's an expert. Lol. No mountain lions in CT either (not counting the one hit by the car in CT... he was vacationing here from South Dakota)

08-Dec-16
I've heard rumors of a big non typical taken in Ridgefield a few weeks ago. Maybe it's true. More info is needed.

08-Dec-16

airrow's embedded Photo
airrow's embedded Photo
Here is a picture of deer from a deer farm operation in New York on the Sherman, CT border taken this year. Maybe the hunter who shot the deer can give us a little more information on the deer and some additional pictures.

08-Dec-16
there was another post on FB saying it was shot in FFLD....I think someone said it was shot on a high fence in PA...it was at a CT butcher.....but all the other details are sketchy

08-Dec-16
Yea not sure either. Heard it from a friend of a friend kind of thing. The friend I heard it from is a new hunter and is still working on getting his first deer. So he believed the story, I told him that nothing is 100% but I strongly strongly don't believe it. Looks like either a fenced deer or a deer from Kansas or Illinois.

08-Dec-16
the post and pics of this deer that I have seen have not been posted by the hunter....people that saw the deer at the butcher.....then the stories start...I have yet to see a post or a word from the actually hunter

08-Dec-16
When I see a deer pic like this - it just feels a lot like it's a pic that's floated around the net for 10 years and has been shot in 30 different places...

That said, I hope that it's wild, and that some lucky hunter did shoot it in CT. that would be great and congrats to him.

If not, it's still amazing to see a rack that big - farm raised or not.

13-Jun-17
Same buck as one confiscated???

13-Jun-17
Yeah... same rack. You called it bud.

14-Jun-17
The CT monster is the a-hole who claimed to shoot it in the state, fair chase.

14-Jun-17
Guy has to be a complete idiot to think he would get away with it. There was no way that buck would make it back to CT and wouldn't raise eyebrows. There was no reason to bring it back to CT and try and pass it off as a CT except for pure arrogance.

14-Jun-17
I also seen pictures of the deer floating around and I also do not think the deer is from CT. However, over the past 30 years i have seen some monster bucks in CT. 8 points and above, including a 12 point I shot few years back during archery season. Is it norm?. No The terrain, food source and gene pool combined may not produce the bucks like they do out west, but there are a few out there. Just wait till you see the pics posted this coming fall.

15-Jun-17
Woodsnut check out the thread with deep confiscated deer. It was shot in pa at a game farm. I agree there are some nice deer in CT but none of this caliber. This deer is a 24 pt with over 200". I hope u slam a monster, can't wait to see the pics.

• Sitka Gear