Edge Hunter 13-Dec-16
Dusktildawn 14-Dec-16
Franzen 15-Dec-16
bumpinblaze4x4 17-Dec-16
Dusktildawn 18-Dec-16
Dusktildawn 18-Dec-16
Dusktildawn 18-Dec-16
07-Dec-16
Now that we have some snow and the cold weather seems to be here for a while has anybody been seeing deer movement during legal hours?

08-Dec-16
Pulled the cards from 3 cameras yesterday. Plenty of bucks- all at night.

13-Dec-16
All season long, big bucks at night and only little guys during the day.

14-Dec-16
Seems to be the consensus amongst most. Couple of us were out during the snow last sat and we saw zero movement. Hoping the deep freeze coming in sat after a litle warm up gives them the urge to feed early sat afternoon.

15-Dec-16
Saw 6 last evening. Was hoping to see a buck that I had seen earlier in the season, but I'm unsure of his core area exactly. No luck. I did see one fawn with a nasty shoulder wound/injury though. Wish it would have gotten close enough for a shot, so I could put most of the meat to good use. I'd rather the coyotes not be the lucky ones.

17-Dec-16
Sightings on our farm are diminished in most areas but they are hammering our standing corn/beans during daylight hours. I've seen/got pics of 3 mature bucks (4+) hitting the standing crops. Find the food=find the deer.

18-Dec-16
Went out yesterday to public land in Western Illinois. Since high wind was forecasted I opted to set up a ground blind in between 2 corn fields in some timber that sticks out into the fields. Had it all brushed in by 6:15a.m. and hunted intil dark. There were tons of fresh tracks from previous night leading into fields and spots where they dug up snow to hit the tall grass in the ditch. Although there was 1 hour of decent snow in the afternoon, it wasn't until last 10 min that a small buck and doe showed up. They both came from large tract of timber well south of the fields. Pretty disappointed in the lack of deer movement. Not a single deer in either corn field all fay long. Hope to adjust and get back at it next weekend. Best of luck to anybody still out there!

18-Dec-16

Dusktildawn's embedded Photo
A view from yesterday

18-Dec-16

• Sitka Gear