Tweed 07-Jan-17
Crusader dad 07-Jan-17
Reggiezpop 07-Jan-17
Tweed 07-Jan-17
Crusader dad 08-Jan-17
Tweed 08-Jan-17
TackDriver 08-Jan-17
08-Dec-16
Seems like theres more then a few of us here. I know in years past people in central WI would get together. Curious if any of you would want to have a rendezvous in January. I doubt anyone would want to come into town (MKE) so any suggestions?

08-Dec-16
Just in case some wouldnt mind coming to town Id suggest Boine n Crockett in bayview or Wisconsinbly in Walkers Point.

08-Dec-16
I've never been to drink wisconsinbly yet.

B&C is nice, especially with gypsy tacos on the patio.

But it makes me laugh thinking of some of the old salts on here from 'real wisconsin' sharing a pint at a hipster bar.

08-Dec-16
If it's within 45 min of my house count me in. Just let me know when and where.

08-Dec-16
Lol was thinking the same thing Kevin. Who knows....maybe many of us arent as old as we think. Crusader and I are both in our mid 30s. Would still love the old timers to come and school us young guys with all their experiences.

08-Dec-16
Camp Bar in Tosa, Third Ward, or Shorewood would be kind of appropriate for the occasion, I would think?

08-Dec-16
Never been. Arent those soccer bars? Im on the northshore by Shorewood but love Tosa

08-Dec-16
I'd be interested given time and place!

08-Dec-16
OK Tweed, count me in!

08-Dec-16
Tweed, am I old enough? I'm 72! Officially an old fart! I'm in Dane County, any meetings nearby?

08-Dec-16
A bow hunter in Shorewood? You must be the only one tweed

09-Dec-16
Live near shorewood but my kids go to school there. Yes.....I definitely dont blend in with the other dads when waiting for the kids to get out

09-Dec-16
Tweed, I know the feeling. We live in Tosa and love it but our group of friends and acquaintances in the area are much different than most people I've associated with most of my life, lol.

09-Dec-16

Tweed's Link
Ok so Sherwood Bowmen's clubhouse might be available in Sussex. Has a kitchen, bar, fireplace and indoor range. I've only been there once but had a great time. Maybe do some kind of chili contest?

09-Dec-16
That sounds fun. I'd like to shoot against some of the guys here. I am not a fan of chilli (it's the texture of the beans). I would however be willing to haul a grill with me and grill up some of my backstraps. I have three full straps so should feed us easily depending on how many will show up. FYI, I am a gangster on a charcoal grill and really enjoy cooking for people.

Really, I don't care where we go or what we do, just looking forward to putting faces with names. We could even use my house if your interested. I do have a target in the backyard for shooting if it's not rediculously cold out.

10-Dec-16
club paragon on hwy 100 Would be a good spot. B&C in bayview is cool spot, if most people that go in there had any clue how nice that bighorn ram is on the wall.

10-Dec-16
Lol +1000 bghunter about the sheep!

10-Dec-16
I'm in BV. I'm sick of kids wanting to sled on 1/16" of snow already. I'll drive to Minoqua if I have to. Count me in!

11-Dec-16
I'd be interested depending on work schedule and location.

11-Dec-16
If Baiter shows up, I'll drive from the Twin Cities and buy everyone a round. And a bag of seed.

11-Dec-16
Now I kind of want to see this ram you guys speak of.

11-Dec-16

Tweed's embedded Photo
Tweed's embedded Photo
Its on the left side.

The owner Jon Redford is good people. He was one of the establishments that supported the Tweed Ride

11-Dec-16
Sherwood would be an ideal spot.

11-Dec-16
I might be interested too, but I like the Minocqua idea to. When might this take place?

11-Dec-16
Im thinking of a January Saturday. Open to suggestions for referred weekend.

11-Dec-16
Any one works for me. Just give me enough notice so I can get my permission slip signed by my wife.

12-Dec-16
I will be hosting a traditional shoot Feb 4 at Sherwood Forest. RC will be there. If you have a stick bow bring it out. If not I always have a few on hand.

13-Dec-16
So it seems like we have enough interest. Im thinking Saturday afternoon January (21st edit). Does this work for guys? If we do it at Sherwood Forest we'd need to chip in $5 to cover the place but it includes a indoor range and amenities. Plenty of opportunities for contest and bragging rights. 8^)

If you trad guys come maybe bring some sticks we could shoot, maybe get us hooked for the Feb 4th shoot?

13-Dec-16
January 21st won't work for me, but don't let the decision to have it that day hinge on my plight if it works best for others.

13-Dec-16
I'll be yote hunting that weekend. Have fun guys...

14-Dec-16
Good deal to do these events.

The first bowsite get together that I know of was at my place in Hayward in February 2007. Mother nature threw her wrench into plans with a snow storm so a lot of people did not make the drive.

The following are the people that thought they would come, those with asterisks are the die hards (or locals) that made it there. I posted the IP address of my security camera so others could watch from their computers. It did not work so good as the bandwidth of the connection at my end couldn't handle it.

We got so wild shooting handguns that two sheriff deputies came to check us out. We invited them to have a little friendly competition but they were too busy. Ya, right, they just knew they would loose.

*Mac38, Serbianshark, Jimbo?, *Rustywreck, yankeecheese, *Randbow, Trapperkd, Dlama, *Rancidcrabtree, *Cheeshead - I think he flew in on the lake, Rutnstrut1,

We did a shoot off at "Gene's strings" 100 yard indoor range in Spooner. Rancid won hands down. Mac and I tied for last place, there was no second place because Rancid was so much better than both of us. Even with me using a crossbow.

I tried to get a bow hunt in the national forest organized that fall but that never happened.

14-Dec-16
What are guy's thoughts on the 7th or 28th? I've been thinking of rankling a dunktank for RC for a couple bucks a shot.

Whatever happened to Serbianshark, Jeff?

15-Dec-16

TZ's embedded Photo
Bozo Ron blows shot on tiny buck at 12 yards
TZ's embedded Photo
Bozo Ron blows shot on tiny buck at 12 yards

TZ's Link
"Lots of people have gone up against Rancid on an archery range and have to forever live with regret afterwards."

"I didnt want to face RC on the archery range for fear of never feeling like a real man again. ;-)"

This buck had no problem with your skill set at 12 yards. I am sure you hyper ventilated over this 100 incher. Now Ron will make up some kind of story how everyone missed him that year because the buck was so smart:^).....Blahhahahahhaahahaaa

15-Dec-16
"This buck had no problem with your skill set at 12 yards. I am sure you hyper ventilated over this 100 incher."

Amazing how one guy can drive so many supposed adults crazy. TZ, you take the cake. That was about the dumbest post I have seen here, and believe me, there are some dumb ones.

15-Dec-16
January is a bad month for me,,,,, leaving for the cabin, shortly after the Holiday hunt, and will winter in the cabin in the UP, and I can trap and tramp, ice fish, and still shoot grouse in Wisconsin...... This is allowed as I have to take the wife to Florida in March ha ha,,,,,, that then cuts into my pig hunts at the game preserves, ha ha.....

going to try and make the trad shoot at Sherwood Club, and hey I will take Ron on, at the course,,,, ha ha ...... really I am there to eat his chili, it is good

16-Dec-16
Out of town on the 28th for me

16-Dec-16

Rub Line's embedded Photo
"I had plenty of time. I was well anchored, I aimed where you see the aim point in the picture yet he really ducked"

I have been bow hunting for 40 years and I understand that deer duck when you shoot but not 15 inches on a 12 yard shot with a compound bow. Something else happened my guess is you were very excited(buck fever) and that caused you to forget to take the steps required to make a good shot. You probably thought you did everything correctly but the buck fever had such a hold of your brain you were no longer in control.

"I like to track deer. I have been on over a hundred tracking jobs. Friends call me to track. I like to think I am good at it as I notice things."

When I shoot a deer with my bow it normally only goes 50 yards with most dying with in 30 yards. Maybe for you tracking has become a crutch for poor shots so you have to be really good at tracking?

16-Dec-16
He stated he was a very good shot at 110 yards in this thread so that begs the question why not so good at 12 yards on a live animal. My guess is he probably is a good shot at the range but if something alive with antlers comes by all that goes out the window.

16-Dec-16
My thoughts exactly Trapper.

Rubline- Think you might attend the meet up?

16-Dec-16
That be great! Start a new thread and get all those northern guys together.

16-Dec-16

Bowster's embedded Photo
Bowster's embedded Photo
"I have been bow hunting for 40 years and I understand that deer duck when you shoot but not 15 inches on a 12 yard shot with a compound bow."

Well said and Spot on Rub Line. While I only have 28 years of bow hunting experience I know for a fact that a deer at 12 yards does not "duck" 15 inches. Shooter error 100% to say otherwise it just strait up lying. Some people "need" to make up stories to help themselves though a difficult time (like the Democrats) so they can push the blame on something other than themselves. Apparently RC can shoot a 110 yards but not 12 yards. The guy always yapping about how good he is usually the guy that sucks the most.

16-Dec-16
Maybe Bowster and Rubline can start a different thread and jump off this one.

16-Dec-16
Maybe Bowster and Rubline can start a different thread and jump off this one.

16-Dec-16

Its easy to see isn't Bowster. Bad shot long excuse.

16-Dec-16
Bowster- that is hilarious

16-Dec-16
Tweed, end of the month works better but like I said before just count me in for any day that works for th most guys.

16-Dec-16

Bowster's embedded Photo
Bowster's embedded Photo

16-Dec-16
Something as nice as a get together as been hijacked by some jack wagons.

Get a life.....start a new thread...bang your wife...just something productive.

06-Jan-17
Is the get together still happening? When and where?

06-Jan-17
I'm still game but this thread go so hijacked I left it alone.

I do plan on going to the Trad shoot. Maybe use that has a get together?

And....I'll go to Boone n Crock anytime! If there's enough that want to go to BnC I can give John a heads up.

07-Jan-17
I'd be up for going out for beers and supper after the shoot. My wife doesn't like it when I go play with friends on weekend days. Meet up at/after the shoot would kill 2 birds and work perfect for me.

07-Jan-17
Count me in with that plan, Crusader.

07-Jan-17
That sounds perfect.

Reggiezpop got any suggestions or just go out to one of the country bars out there?

07-Jan-17
It would be fun to meet some of you guys but I'll be at the SCI convention in Las Vegas. Have fun and maybe another time, sometime during the summer?

07-Jan-17
What's the date of this millennial hippster bowsiter get together?

07-Jan-17
Nothing comes to mind, Tweed. Any food and drink will do. Is there still a Hardee's in Sussex?! I'm lucky to have one right by the airport. Can't go wrong with a Frisco Combo!!!

07-Jan-17
My one requirement is anywhere we eat must also serve beer.

Kevin, feb 4

Capt. Mike, summer bowsite fishing competition/get together???? Any weekend in June would work for me if we plan it early enough. I'm sure enough guys on here have boats that we can make room for those without. I can comfortably fish 3 from mine.

07-Jan-17
Crusader, how about a bow-fishing outing? That would be a blast! And, a better time to have a few beers (not that I need a "better" time). I have a few bows set up for bow-fishing and a two buddies with boats set up so count me in.

07-Jan-17
Not to hijack the thread. But Jeff's post that listed the members of that first get together. There were some great guys listed there that no longer on the site. Most of them were great guys and really made this forum a great place. It's still good, but nothing like it was back then.

07-Jan-17
Bowfishing sounds awesome.

What's the season and regs for that?

07-Jan-17
My boat is probably not suitable for bow fishing. I gave my nephews my fishing boat last summer when I bought the bayliner. But, it does sound like a fun suggestion. Is it easy to convert a regular bow into a fishing one and then back again?

07-Jan-17
I say we all climb in Noc's canoe. Prolly get about 7 in there!

07-Jan-17
+1 Reggie

08-Jan-17
I bet it'd be a fun ride if I hooked up the canoe to my boat and hit the gas. Hang on tight fellas!

08-Jan-17
Never bait you're more than welcome to join us. We don't want you to feel excluded.

08-Jan-17

TackDriver's embedded Photo
TackDriver's embedded Photo
10 point is in!

• Sitka Gear