onX Maps
Looking
Illinois
Contributors to this thread:
HuntandFish 09-Dec-16
jstephens61 11-Dec-16
09-Dec-16
Hey everyone. I just found this site and enjoy reading it. The reason for this post is to see if I can find someone to bow hunt with sometimes. My parents owned 110 acres of timber in Fulton county and that's where I was lucky enough to do all my hunting the last 29 years. Well, dad passed away so mom sold the farm to move to Florida with one of my brothers. I'm hunting public land now. It's quite a change but it's still hunting and I am learning to enjoy it. I retired last year and we moved to be closer to our daughter and her family. Now we're 30 miles north of Peoria so I have been hunting Spoon River State Forest mostly and am going to try Johnson Sauk State Park soon. Sometimes it's more enjoyable to have someone else to do things with and I'm looking for someone who I could just call up and say "let's go sit in a tree this afternoon". I'm 62 years old, I hunt out of a Summit climber so I can hunt where I want that day depending on wind or just how many trucks are in a certain parking lot when I get there, and due to helping take granddaughter to school sometimes I usually hunt afternoons till dark. I'm not looking for someone to put me on their private land, that's not the purpose of this. As a person who had private land all those years it's amazing how many hunting buddies a person can have when they have property. I'm just looking to expand my circle so to speak since we moved. If you have any questions just ask and if anyone raises their hand I will be happy to provide phone number or email address.

11-Dec-16
Be nice if we lived a little closer to each other.

• Sitka Gear