Buckstopshere 14-Dec-16
Trial153 14-Dec-16
T ZEKE 15-Dec-16
longbeard 15-Dec-16
leo17 15-Dec-16
leo17 15-Dec-16
leo17 15-Dec-16
12-Dec-16
Same here, I have many pictures of bears on Tug Hill. A couple of years ago on my job I walked onto 8 different Tug Hill bears during the summer. This past season I Saw 3 different sets of bear tracks on my property during rifle season, but that's it.

But I've only seen one while hunting and that was before it was legal to hunt them in WMU 6N. IMO many are taken illegally over bait, and that's why those of us that hunt legally don't see them during hunting season. I know of a large hunting club On Tug Hill that have been shooting them for years over bait, even before there was a legal season.

12-Dec-16
After eating all that grub you grow there they prolly just lounge in their dens turn on the tube and watch the cubs :)

12-Dec-16
While we have been getting bear pictures on our cameras for about 7 yrs now, this season was the first time a couple of bears were seen from a stand during an evening hunt. No shot.....Tom

13-Dec-16
I've seem them on two occasions while rifle hunting for deer about 6 or 7 yrs ago near Belleaire mountain. (Catskills). Sends a chill down your spine when they get close. Not interested in the meat, don't have big bucks for a rug or mount, didn't feel like dragging it out, soooo, let them walk. I was posted in a ladder stand. Other than that, once in a while we see them off side of road in woods. Never walked up on one. Thank God. We've had a few sightings in Westchester this year. Mad Dog

13-Dec-16
Black bears are excellent table fare, as long as they are not a dump bear.

13-Dec-16
Never seen one in NYS. Would love to have a chance encounter while deer hunting. The last 2 years I say I am going to give the Sept. early season a go and then life gets in the way. I've eaten NY bears that others shot and it was very good.

14-Dec-16
Pat, I've been hunting the Berkshires in MA for 4 years now and although I get a ton of cam pics like you I have yet to catch even a glimpse of one. In fact I have only seen 1 bear in 22 hunting seasons here. In regards to bear meat I will take that over deer any day. It was unbelievable.

14-Dec-16
Yep. Nice photos. Back in 1986 I killed one with my 70 lb. Howard Hill longbow. Canada, and back then we made a pilgrimage every spring for a number of years to the Kirkland Lake area Temagami.. of Ontario and killed bears over baits. I was only seven feet off the ground and 20 yards from the bait. Nice bear, hit him behind the shoulder. I remember the blood trail through the thick Canadian bush. My buddies had rifles as I crawled along the trail...we were young and it was really exciting. I smoked the meat and everyone loved it.

14-Dec-16
Last bear I killed was in 2010, on my property in the Catskills. Killed two others in the same vicinity since 1990. All bow kills. I pretty much stopped bowhunting in NY about 5 years ago, even still thats three in 26 years.

15-Dec-16

T ZEKE's embedded Photo
T ZEKE's embedded Photo
some of them are not at all camera shy, lol......Tom

15-Dec-16
Yes killed one in the mid 90's and have seen many more since. That bear mount is getting tired looking so I think it is time for a new one. I see many bears in while turkey hunting every spring in Herkimer County next to where you are Pat. Every year there seems to be more and more sightings

15-Dec-16

leo17's embedded Photo
leo17's embedded Photo
I've killed a few in Sullivan county NY and my dad has 5 with the bow

15-Dec-16

leo17's embedded Photo
leo17's embedded Photo
leo17's embedded Photo
leo17's embedded Photo

15-Dec-16
We seem to have the opposite problem. I see more bear than deer it seems like.

• Sitka Gear