Hoyter2804 21-Dec-16
BOWJO 22-Dec-16
horsethief51 23-Dec-16
buc i 313 23-Dec-16
EIStone 24-Dec-16
17-Dec-16

horsethief51 's embedded Photo
Doug Keefer died in his Florida home this morning after a courageous battle with cancer. He was 59. I gave him his first bow when he was a teenager and I gave him a UBP gift membership many years ago so he could keep up with what was going on back here in his home state. He always paid his dues on time. Doug loved every kind of hunting and fishing. We tried to keep a running score of who shot the most bucks and he probably got ahead of me when he moved to Georgia where he could take 2 bucks in one year. He would come to the farm here to hunt about every 3 years or so and always got a buck, usually with a bow. As kids we had some great times going to "hunting camp" up in the big woods with our dad. Neither one of us really got good at bow hunting until we were in our early 40s. I would like to think we both made up for it.

17-Dec-16

He had a great place to Hunt in southeast Georgia where he took hogs, deer, turkeys and even a bobcat.It was great to finally get to spend a week there with him this year. He put a lot of heart into getting out and hunting every day.

17-Dec-16

Just wanted to post some old pictures to celebrate his life as a great outdoorsman and even better little brother.

17-Dec-16

The year after our dad died we got to hunt bears in New Brunswick and we both took bruins the same evening with our Hoyt bows.

17-Dec-16

When we went to visit him in Florida he always had venison, wild hog and fish in the freezer.

17-Dec-16

He had his own boat and he and his wife Trish would take Kathy and our daughters out to the Gulf of Mexico where we always caught lots of fish. The girls even got tattoos once. Don't ask Kathy to see hers.

17-Dec-16

17-Dec-16

We were the original Keefer Brothers, not those guys you see on TV now. We were so famous they named a road after us here in Clarion County.

17-Dec-16

Bob cat with a bow.

17-Dec-16

This is what happened when he shot a deer with his muzzle loader that was standing under his ladder stand. He told me he should have had his bow. LOL.

17-Dec-16
Back when our dad died I quoted the Tim McGraw song and I told everyone to live like you were dying. Doug certainly did that. I will miss him a lot now that he has started the next journey in his life, as our dad would have said, to the happy hunting grounds. Doug was a man of faith so I am sure the family would appreciate your thoughts and prayers. Thanks for letting me have the space here. Makes me feel better.

17-Dec-16
Sorry to hear of your loss Art. Prayers for you and your family. God Bless!

Brent

17-Dec-16
Prayers for the family.

17-Dec-16
Nice Epitaph for a Life well lived Art. I feel it, as only you could have expressed it best.

17-Dec-16
My condolences Art, great tribute. Prayers to you and your family for your loss.

17-Dec-16
Art you and your family have my condolences, and prayers. And yes very nice tribute.

17-Dec-16
Nicely done Art- I'm sure he'd be happy with your sentiments. Your family is in our thoughts..

17-Dec-16
Thanks for all your thoughts everybody.

17-Dec-16
The thoughts you have put to "paper" here are a most wonderful and heartfelt honor to your Brother. May Peace and Inspiration be your guide through this sad, but reflective time. Those quiet moments when you think and smile.....they will be coming from Doug, from your Father, and from all those who await the time when time will be eternal.

17-Dec-16
My condolences Art to you and your family.

17-Dec-16
Sorry to hear this Art, you and your family are in my prayers.

18-Dec-16
Prayers sent!

18-Dec-16
same from here Art. sorry for your loss

bill v

18-Dec-16
I shared the link to this website thread with many of my relatives and everyone appreciates the sentiments. Thank you.

18-Dec-16
Art, I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your brother. My prayers and condolences go out to you and your family. I'm sure he is smiling down upon you all now, and keep this in mind...now you have one more familiar face to greet you when you enter those happy hunting grounds.

18-Dec-16
My condolences.....

18-Dec-16
So sorry Art.

18-Dec-16
My condolences Art. Very sorry for your loss.

18-Dec-16
Sorry for your loss......

18-Dec-16
Art, I am so sorry for your loss! Please convey my condolences to your Mom and the rest of your family as well. Thinking of you!!!!

19-Dec-16
Art- Prayers going out from Pike Co! Nice tribute to your "lil' brother!" : )

19-Dec-16
Very sorry to hear this. My condolences and thoughts and prayers.

19-Dec-16
My condolences.

20-Dec-16
Art- so sorry to hear about this. Will be thinking of your family in our prayers.

20-Dec-16
So sorry Art, you and your family are in our prayers.

20-Dec-16
Prayers for you and your family.

21-Dec-16
Art, I'm heart broken for you buddy. My prayers said for your little brother and for his entire family. I wish Doug a safe and peaceful journey.

21-Dec-16
Sorry for your loss art, my thoughts and prayers are with your family. Great pictures

22-Dec-16
Sorry to hear about the loss of your brother Art. A great tribute... Barb and I will include you in our prayers

23-Dec-16
Thanks again everyone.

23-Dec-16
Condolences to you and his family.

One of the hardest things in life is to lose a close friend and hunting partner.

God bless them all.

24-Dec-16
Art, Sorry for your loss. A best friend who is also your best hunting buddy is something very hard to find and something most of us will never know.

• Sitka Gear