Stan NJ 27-Dec-16
Stan NJ 27-Dec-16
elkman52 27-Dec-16
mattandersen 27-Dec-16
Stan NJ 28-Dec-16
Jack Harris 29-Dec-16
Stan NJ 30-Dec-16
18-Dec-16
As a former Jersey resdient, I still check out the NJ forum. It's sad. Not one post since Nov..what gives guys!?!? I know guys are hunting!

20-Dec-16
Wow..nothing. Even from my buddy Jack Harris!?!? Welp, Merry Christmas guys!

22-Dec-16
Merry Christmas Matt

23-Dec-16
Thanks buddy!

27-Dec-16

Stan NJ's embedded Photo
Stan NJ's embedded Photo
I'm as much to blame as Jack...been at it all along with not much to show for it. Hung a new stand yday to get closer to bedding area for my target buck as he was starting to show earlier but still dark (6pm). Walked out to truck to get my pole saw and a guy stopped and asked if I was having any luck. Long story short he proceeds to tell me he shot a 'good one" the other day.....Yep, that was him....on a small little private piece 150 yards from me. I was ready to puke since he made it thru gun week and I thought winter bow was when I could really get a good chance at him...was at full draw on him once in october but branch was in way and didn't want to risk it on such a beautiful animal. Several others i'm chasing but DAM!! Oh well....wasn't meant to be.

27-Dec-16

Stan NJ's embedded Photo
Stan NJ's embedded Photo
Was watching him grow all year...

27-Dec-16
Beautiful buck Stan,easy to invest a season waiting for him!

27-Dec-16
Wow nice buck, sorry you didn't connect on him. Keep at it though! I've learned first hand over the years that just cause you don't have pics of him, monsters do lurk..

28-Dec-16
Going out tonight for a 'meat' hunt....I've let lots of deer go but my freezer is very low. I've only killed one doe this year.

Good luck to you guys still after it! And have a happy new year.

29-Dec-16

Jack Harris's embedded Photo
Jack Harris's embedded Photo
Great buck Stan - I missed one at 37 yards in an open field just before thanksgiving that might be his clone. I suck at judging distance in wide open but excel at it in the woods. I thought he was 30 yards and shot under him. big split g2s that match.

30-Dec-16
Looks like a stud Jack. Good luck with him...winter bow could be the ticket.

I shot a small rack 3 Pt last night for meat. He came in with another small 8 that has potential. I don't know about you guys but there seems to be more bucks than does....at least in my neck of the woods.

Happy New Year!

• Sitka Gear