dbl lung 07-Jan-17
Nocturnal 07-Jan-17
TackDriver 09-Jan-17
Crusader dad 10-Jan-17
Tweed 10-Jan-17
Novemberforever 10-Jan-17
Trapper 10-Jan-17
19-Dec-16
Kinda early for sheds?? Why so early?? Let's post some pics. Always love finding one!!!

19-Dec-16
Trapper - really cool photos. Looks like you trained the pup well, ya gotta be proud of the job you did. Congrats!

19-Dec-16
Trapper-no doubt I'm a bit jealous of your dog, that's awesome! One day I will have a dog that will pick up sheds. Just need to move to a bigger place. Great pics and awesome sheds!

19-Dec-16
I have three sheds so far this year. I also have three bucks on cam that have shed already.

19-Dec-16
Smokey, The sheds you found are from different bucks than the ones you have on camera that shed ? That seems really early for that many to be dropping already.

19-Dec-16
Yes, different bucks.

19-Dec-16
Beautiful lab Trapper . What's it's name ?

20-Dec-16
That's awesome!

22-Dec-16

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
In training.

22-Dec-16

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
First find.

22-Dec-16

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Biggest

22-Dec-16

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Probably the one I'm the most proud of.

22-Dec-16

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
One of the quickest, I just let her out of the truck and she took off across a soybean field into the wind. I took it out of her mouth and walked 5 steps and put it in the truck.

22-Dec-16

Trapper's embedded Photo
Trapper's embedded Photo
Skyy relaxing in front of the Maple Syrup pan at the end of the day.

22-Dec-16
Adorable;-). My dogs are too dumb for me to think about training them to find sheds. They would just have to get lucky. (Glad to see pat let you come back)

22-Dec-16
Crusader, I will keep you in mind when the next litter pops out.

22-Dec-16

smokey's embedded Photo
smokey's embedded Photo

22-Dec-16
Nice finds Smokey.

22-Dec-16
Trapper I just put down my black lab which was like losing my truly best friend. She was a great dog in the house and in the field. Always wondering if I would get another cause none could match her. Good looking dog and nice training job.

22-Dec-16
Pasq, I sold a puppy this spring to a family down the lake from me that had a great Yellow that they had to put down last year. He was sure no other dog could match it. He wanted a Black so it wouldn't remind him of his yellow so much. Long story short, he ended up taking a yellow anyways. As of this writing, he said its the best dog he ever had.. LOL

22-Dec-16
I guess I should never say never right? Maybe someday. Merry Christmas Trapper.

22-Dec-16
I checked cams today and another eight point shed one side. Friday I hope to get out and look for sheds before the snow comes.

Lots of daytime pics on cams too but nothing big so I don't know if I will bowhunt anymore this year. I like to get out hunting on New Years Eve but maybe not this year.

05-Jan-17
Any more sheds guys?

05-Jan-17
I was out on Sunday and Monday scouting and looking hard. I came up with nothing. I think after this cold front pushes through we'll have another batch of bucks dropping.

Good looking pup you have there trapper. Missed this thread somehow.

07-Jan-17
What are the people with trail cams seeing any bucks with one side or shedded?

07-Jan-17
Bucks in our area (west-central) hold tight until mid February. Cams show every year the 2nd week of feb through the first part of march being prime time for sheds. Any earlier the deer is either sick or injured.

07-Jan-17
RJN, that's a pretty blanket statement. There must be a ton of sick and injured bucks in my areas of WC Wisconsin then as we have seen quite a few shed bucks already.

07-Jan-17
My cousin found 1 shed about 10 miles away a few days ago but my cameras are showing full racks on our farm. I'm not sure why but even the hard winters the majority of the bucks by us hold til February at least.

07-Jan-17
I will say this year it seems like the bucks are loosing them earlier. Normally I see the same as RJN (we are in the same county but a few miles apart). For whatever reason this year seems to be different.

07-Jan-17

dbl lung's embedded Photo
This is one of them that lost one side sometime between 12/27 and this picture. He looked really healthy throughout all the pictures I have of him.
dbl lung's embedded Photo
This is one of them that lost one side sometime between 12/27 and this picture. He looked really healthy throughout all the pictures I have of him.

07-Jan-17
Rjn I see where your coming from. A buck holding on to his antlers varies in any area. Bucks by where crusader and I are, will hold until mid march early April. But I've already heard reports of bucks dropping 30 miles from here. I think stress makes them drop earlier than some, not because they are sick or injured. It's The deer that don't have quality food to eat being the biggest factor and cold weather at number two. I hunt some public land in west central. A lot of them drop by December, January. Smokey found a matching set on a mature deer December? Public land too I'm assuming.

09-Jan-17
Any sheds over the weekend.

10-Jan-17
I'm not even going to bother looking until March.

10-Jan-17
Any of you train your dogs to search for them?

10-Jan-17

Novemberforever's embedded Photo
Novemberforever's embedded Photo
My 13 week old in training. He finds them quick when smeared in hotdog juice. Problem is the red tail hawks and yotes at the fence find him quicker.

10-Jan-17
Seriously Tweed? Did you look at this entire thread?

• Sitka Gear