20-Dec-16

wvvabowhunter's Link
Is it true....?

20-Dec-16
True story.

20-Dec-16
I think I saw on in Pendleton county this past weekend

21-Dec-16
I hope they do good and produce a good herd.

21-Dec-16

wvvabowhunter's Link
I also hope nothing like this happens to them either....

21-Dec-16
I hope that doesn't happen either but I think it is going to unfortunately. If people in this state poach deer, you know they will poach bigger and more "exotic" game such as elk. I just hope the penalty is sufficient to make it not worth the risk. But that penalty in VA seems fairly stiff, but apparently still not stiff enough.

21-Dec-16
I once said that the poachers would kill them and I was laughed at. I do know that if they make it to the Pendleton County border they won't make it back to the coal fields. The good thing is that it will be harder to kill them because those good ole boys just have to put a picture on FB with their illegal kill.

30-Mar-17
of course they will be poached, illegal hunters don't follow the rules, I think we should have to wait at least 5 yrs if not 10 before we have a season on them,,, they use to live all over the state, if we wait, maybe they will again.

30-Mar-17
Hope so.

24-Jul-17

HA/KS's Link
"WVDNR staff was able to confirm not one, but two calves were born into the new resident elk herd by using game cameras. These youngsters are definitely a jewel in the elk program, but just like our thriving whitetail population, the wilds are a rough place for a newborn animal even if they are as big as a calf elk."

24-Jul-17
They poached all the wild hogs, there was no reason they could not have thrived in this environment. I know there is some but not like there should be.

28-Jul-17
Realisticly they probably won't make it five years , poachers are too good.

31-Jul-17
I'd post a short video of some but, I've been told by some here that internet info cannot be trusted. So, you'll just have to take my word on it. God Bless

31-Jul-17
Hookman------Wont make it 5 years? I will take that bet..Whats the wager?

01-Aug-17
One good thing is that where they introduced them there is no poaching like here in the Eastern part of the state so they will get started faster.

• Sitka Gear