Spider1 30-Dec-16
George D. Stout 30-Dec-16
George D. Stout 30-Dec-16
Blkdoutz7xtreme 14-Jan-17
Blkdoutz7xtreme 14-Jan-17
22-Dec-16

Blkdoutz7xtreme's embedded Photo
I was curious if anybody might know what make this bow is ?

22-Dec-16
George Stout I believe, owns one of these....He'll know for sure and be here soon. A Carroll I'm guessing? Cool bow! More pics!!!

22-Dec-16
If you make a thread with photo over on the Bowsite's "Leatherwall", you will have many replies. Leatherwall is the Traditional Archery forum of Bowsite. That said, it could be a Carroll's; it also could be a Groves Spitfire version.

22-Dec-16
Any more info you could give me on it like approximate age and if it is either of the two brands mentioned guessing they were both pretty decent companies ? Also the bow isn't mine, a girl I'm talking to knows that I shoot so she was asking me about it and only sent that 1 pic. She wants to get a string for it and shoot it which I think is cool but I told her it needs to be checked out first. If the limbs are bad is there any chance replacement limbs can be had ?

22-Dec-16
Oh I also used to frequent the site here much more back in the early 2000's. My handle was switchbackshooter and I believe I met you at the ubp camp out in 2005 Dale.

22-Dec-16
If I was home, I'd have pictures of that campout on my computer still.

22-Dec-16
Yes Art I met you too. I was camped right next to Roy and came up with wannabe. I was driving the Burgundy camaro with the big hood scoop on it. It was definitely out of place in that field lol.

22-Dec-16
looks like that bottom limb is twisted. don't shoot it

22-Dec-16
Yeah I remember you! But Im a helluva lot better looking today so you won't recognize me :) I have a bunch of camaro doors here too.... My 65 mustang was good at collecting them;)

The bottom limb does look funky, we need more pics, but I wouldnt string it until you put up a few more pics.

23-Dec-16

Lol, don't get me going on mustangs haha. I'll see if I can get more pics. As for that limb being twisted it does look it now that you guys mentioned it but then I looked again and am wondering if it's the way that particular pic was taken. As far as looks I still look the same.

23-Dec-16
Lol, don't get me going on mustangs haha. I'll see if I can get more pics. As for that limb being twisted it does look it now that you guys mentioned it but then I looked again and am wondering if it's the way that particular pic was taken. As far as looks I still look the same.

24-Dec-16
Blkdoutz7xtreme: before you get a string made, get the bow in your hands and check it out first, for obvious physical issues. Yes, the bottom limb looks twisted from the angle shown in the photo. But also from the pictures, the bow looks like it has lived an active life, with a few bumps included. A concern I would have is if the bow has been stored where the climate was uncontrolled, like in an unheated garage or barn, or in an attic. Limbs can be made by many bowyers out there, but you need to determine if the bow is overall worth spending for new limbs, or if a totally new bow would be more cost effective. Sometimes, old bows simply need to become "wall hangers", taking a respected spot over a fireplace, or mounted on a wall as a conversation starter.

Any chance you are in the Westmoreland County area? There's a fairly active group of Traditional Archers, Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers, who meet to shoot socially on Thursday evenings in Alverton, between Scottdale and Mount Pleasant. They also have 3D shoots upcoming in January through March. If you are fairly local, you could take that bow there and get quite a few recommendations!

24-Dec-16
That bow kinda looks like the Wing Presentation II that I have except for those nuts on the limbs.

26-Dec-16
Harry I am not in that area but I basically gave the girl who has the bow the same run down about where it was stored and the possible outcome that a limb could explode. I told her to have it checked out. She would like to shoot it but telling her that info she is fine with just hanging it on the wall which honestly I think she should just do.

26-Dec-16
Dont give up on it!!!!!! We need more pics...

27-Dec-16
hey switchy, how ya doing! There are a lot of things to look out for with older bows. Lamination problems are the biggest and most dangerous problem. If the limb is a little twisted, that can be fixed with a little hot tap water but if there is any delamintaion then it gets to be a little tricky and would take a bowyer that knows what they are doing to make repairs on it. And where there is twisting and delamination you might find cracks in the wood laminations. Personally, I wouldn't string an old bow without having it in hand and could give it a serious lookover.

27-Dec-16
It looks like an old Burgundy Cumaro, with a hood scoop.... They put them big hood scoops on them to block the hot exhaust from the mustangs in front of them.

Bout a 1987, with twisted frame and f'ed up fenders. Holes in both front floor boards. Pretty much like all them Cumaros ended up.

Most likely, Ran over by a Mustang....

All F'ed up, and doesn't even run.................................

Garage kept, though.................

$50.oo

27-Dec-16
ROFLMAO!

28-Dec-16
LMAO! I don't know, I had 3 mustangs, a '64 1/2, a 67, and a '69.... not one had an intact floor. The '67 had a stop sign as a floor in front of the drivers seat but it could blow the door off any Cumaro!!!! ;^)

28-Dec-16
Best motor the 87 Cumaros ever had was the 6 banger. Whopping 145 hp, got 18 mpg... Burn a quart of oil every tank of gas though.. In 88 they started installing an oil tank to compensate for that oil burning problem:)

28-Dec-16
I don't know, my 1987 Buick Grand National left many Camaros and Mustangs in the rear view mirror..................

28-Dec-16
I don't know, my 1987 Buick Grand National left many Camaros and Mustangs in the rear view mirror..................

28-Dec-16
Funniest race I ever seen was when a VW Beetle blew the doors off a cumaro:)

29-Dec-16
I bet you guys still have your Members Only jackets too...lol

29-Dec-16
Wing Presentation II. If the riser is all composite material, it's one of the earlier ones...pre 1968.

29-Dec-16
Carroll risers were longer then George? Thats a cool bow

30-Dec-16
Members only??? what's that???

hey switchy, you still there or didja try to string that bow and get hit in the head with flyin parts!!! LOL!

30-Dec-16
Dale, Carroll's didn't make a wood riser or composite takedown. They did make one piece recurves of wood.

30-Dec-16

George D. Stout's embedded Photo
George D. Stout's embedded Photo
Here's what the Carroll's look like.

14-Jan-17
I'm still here Mike just haven't been here in a few weeks, been having some problems at home.

14-Jan-17
Thanks everybody for the input

• Sitka Gear