New York
Contributors to this thread:
SILVERADO 22-Dec-16
Somersbow 29-Dec-16
Shawn 29-Dec-16
Mad dog 29-Dec-16
Trial153 09-Jan-17
22-Dec-16
Hey guys I'm from CT but maybe only about 10 minutes from the NY line. I'm interested in doing some hunting in Westchester County. Near the Vista/Lewisboro/Bedford areas. Here in CT we usually knock on doors ask the homeowner for permission and then have them sign a form granting us the ok to hunt their property. Is it the same process for NY?

29-Dec-16
The DEC site has a landowner permission slip you can print and use as a hard copy for permission. Good to have as you will likely run into others who do not have actual permission and may try to run you off.

In Bedford you need to have written permission on your person. Town ordinance and the cops will check. Lewisboro might be the same. They run a town management program there in the parks, so calling the local PD would be the best bet to see what is required.

Checking with the town clerk or PD for any town is the best bet since some have differing regs for discharge, parking, permission, etc. I have heard of guys being ticketed for having tires on the pavement in Lewisboro. Winter parking violations.

Good luck.

29-Dec-16
Sorry but most private ground is about impossible to get on. Either they don't like hunters or the same guy had been hunting the spot for 25 years. You can try!

29-Dec-16
Silver. Check your private message. The other guys are spot on too. Mad Dog

09-Jan-17
Westchester? Lol good luck ...

• Sitka Gear