razorhead 08-Feb-17
GVS 08-Feb-17
Tweed 08-Feb-17
Swampy 08-Feb-17
razorhead 08-Feb-17
Tweed 08-Feb-17
Crusader dad 16-Feb-17
26-Dec-16
Once again Sherwood Forest Bowmen will be hosting it's winter shoot. The way this winter is shaping up this will indeed be a winter outing. I am looking forward to setting the outdoor range and will try to mix it up with new shots along with the old favorites. For those that never have been to this shoot, I set up an indoor range and outdoor range. I will have a campfire going on the outdoor range with complimentary hot chocolate. Your shooting fee covers both courses. Shoot as much as you like, no extra charge. I even set up Xmas trees on the indoor complete with ornaments that you can shoot at. Come early for breakfast. My wife will be serving her popular egg bake. Lunch will once again be chili and fixins cheerfully served by the evil, sinister (really bad guy and Bowsite legend) Rancid Crabtree. Just meeting RC is worth the trip right there. We are looking forward to seeing everyone again.

Sherwood Forest Bowmen in Sussex will be hosting an indoor 3D brush shoot and an outdoor 3D shoot Feb 4, 2017. Shooting hours are 8:00 AM to 4:00 PM. Breakfast, lunch, and beverages will be available. For more info contact Greg Szalewski at 262 853 4648. Address:N61 W25600 Walnut Rd. Sussex, WI 53089 Directions to clubhouse: http://sherwoodforestbowmen.com/ClubInfo/Location/tabid/60/Default.aspx

27-Dec-16
Looking forward to it!

27-Dec-16
I will be there, a great shoot.

27-Dec-16
I will be there, a great shoot.

27-Dec-16
If I have zero knowledge of traditional archery, and don't own any equipment, can I still come to check it out and learn?

27-Dec-16
You sure can Reggie. I will have some light weight bows on hand for anyone willing to give it a try. This is a real good shoot to do that. Very few are keeping score but arrows are going down range as fast as they can be picked up. This is a real friendly group. Be sure to find me and introduce yourself. Greg

27-Dec-16
I was there last year...great event, and a pleasant mid winter break. Gonna bring my son this year...look forward to it, thanks.

27-Dec-16
I've been there two years in a row, and it has been great. The one thing I'm bringing this year, other than an appetite for Ron's chili, are the slip on traction spikes ice fishermen wear. The trails get slippery, and I had a few close calls last year. Looking forward to another good time this (next) year.

27-Dec-16
Copy that, Greg. I'll see you there!

27-Dec-16
I'm in the same boat as you Reggie. I'll be there.

28-Dec-16
Greg Myself and a couple will try to make it again! If the Lords willing and the creek don't raise, we'll be there. Happy New Year!

28-Dec-16
Bring a car full Paul. Looking forward to seeing you.

28-Dec-16
well if the weather is okay, and I am off, from my part time winter job, I will come, and bring my bows........ will there be a reason to bring flu flus, like aerial shots??????

any one shoot lefty, I can bring a few bows and stuff

28-Dec-16
Bring a lefty Razor. Love a new challenge.

28-Dec-16
ok tweed I will bring several, both long bow and recurve, IF I can come, and you can shoot them all,,,,,, I can give you some tips, and I will have some arrows, but tell RC to bring some more,,,haha

30-Dec-16
Razor, thanks for the offer to bring equipment. I hope it gets used. I won't have a place for aerials. I put some small tip over targets on the indoor range for kids so bring them along. I will have equipment for the kids if needed.

30-Dec-16
okay,,,,, looks good for me so far, as long as the weather holds, I will bring 3 recruves and a long bow and a self bow, for anyone to try, they are all left hand bows,,,, but of course doesn't everyone shoot that way

06-Jan-17
are you going to have room for a vendor set up, have some nice bows to sell

06-Jan-17
Vendors are welcome.

06-Jan-17

GVS's Link
Here is a thread from two years ago on the shoot with some pics mixed in.

06-Jan-17
Sure hoping some of these regular Bowsite guys show up. I plan on being there with my girls in tow.

06-Jan-17
okay I am going to pencil that in, come back down, only hope there is not a storm, that would cancel it for me................

09-Jan-17
Here is an idea,,,,, if you sign up and pay and join either the WBH or the WTA, you shoot for free, and one beverage coupon or something like that

16-Jan-17
anyone looking for aluminum shafts,,, we were cleaning out our archery club today, and found xx75 and 78's,,,,, took the fletching off, and they all spinned true, thought I would bring them, and give them away

19-Jan-17
Just wanted to bump this back towards the top.

Hoping plenty of Bowsite are there.

28-Jan-17
I got out this morning and set up the outdoor range. I had lots of help so I put out a record number of targets. I have 18 set, with 3 uphill shots, well 4 if you count the racoon on top of the dead oak. We have the usual novelty shots, and I see the swinging canoe has been retrofitted so it won't rollover. :( We hung the barrel for the Howard Hill shot. The wood pile for the campfire is well stocked and I will have hot chocolate on hand there.

I will be frying bacon in a bit for the two pans of Karen's ever popular egg bake for breakfast so come early and hungry.

I have many old Xmas ornaments to hang on the Xmas trees on the indoor range for your shooting and shattering pleasure.

I hope everyone can make it and make this the biggest shoot yet as it is doubtful that I will be putting this shoot on anymore.

28-Jan-17
My calendar is clear, unless a major storm comes I will be there, with some great deals on some fine bows

30-Jan-17
I'll be there with a couple guys I work with that shoot traditional gear.

31-Jan-17
I just told my wife I was intending to run down for this shoot. That didn't go over well.

31-Jan-17
I've been telling my wife for weeks and she still acts surprised each time. I still plan on being there though.

02-Feb-17
I hope that you guys can make it. If it will help, just have your wives call me and I will be happy to explain just how important this shoot is. If you end up needing a lawyer no problem there either, my kid can help you out there. ;^)

02-Feb-17
Sounds like you guys are going to have fun I like some of your ideas nothing better than a great get together and fling some arrows have fun and enjoy wish I could make it!

02-Feb-17
Yes,it really is a fun shoot. It is $15, shoot all day, indoor and out as much as you like.

02-Feb-17
looking forward to it, looks like nice weather,,,,,,GVS I got your message I will bring a table,,,,,,,,

02-Feb-17
Mindbender there is great chili too!

02-Feb-17
I heard the chili chef is world renowned.

02-Feb-17
He better not have noodles in that chili,,, I mean really,,,,,,,

02-Feb-17
lol - I made some chili last week and put in some noodles. Kids liked it, I liked it but the wife said "noodles? ...really..." and wouldn't eat it.

Just checked mapquest and it's about an hour and 45 minute drive.

02-Feb-17
Less than 10 minutes from my house but I'm out of town so you guys have fun.

02-Feb-17
Two Feathers,,,, you married a wise woman,,,, 2 things not allowed at my cabin, crossbows and chili with noodles

03-Feb-17
RC doesn't cut corners and use filler like noodles in his chili. It comes with all the fixins and is a meal in itself. Keep in mind that we will also offer breakfast. My wife will have two pans of her egg bake on hand so come early and hungry.

03-Feb-17
Sounds really good, so I know where breakfast is going to be at,,,,,,, packing right now, discovered, another dozen arrows I need, are at the cabin,,,,,, oh well, we will make it work,,,,, Probably put on 5 lbs there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

03-Feb-17
With all that scouting you do that 5lbs won't last long.

03-Feb-17
Ease up on the noodle hatred razorhead, :)

The wife and myself along with another couple will be heading down there tomorrow.

03-Feb-17
sorry Craig, see you in the am, I am anti noodle,,,,,,,,,coming to the pheasant shoot this year? am bringing the info along, ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

04-Feb-17
Boy.... Did I have a great time. I only released a few arrows but was awesome to see my girls really enjoy the sport and all the hospitality. Archers are 2nd to none.

Was nice to finally meet some of the guys that post here and I also want to give a big thank you to GVS for all his hard work.

04-Feb-17

Reggiezpop's embedded Photo
Reggiezpop's embedded Photo
I second that, Tweed. Great to run into and meet some new faces. Well done, GVS. You now, have one less tree...

04-Feb-17
Well it was a great time,,,, saw old friends I have not seen in awhile from Buck and Bear and WTA,,,, Met Tweed and his beautiful wife, and adorable kids,,,, met Reggiezpop, who I want to hook up with this spring for scouting,,,,,,

The club put on a great shoot, did not shoot the course, but everyone said it was excellent,,,,, currently teaching myself to shoot right handed,,,,,,,

GVS wife made one heck of a breakfast, an egg bake, to die for, and RC again outdid himself with his chili and fixins.....

Craig L let me shoot his Blacktail, one of the finest bows I have ever seen.......

Two of my left hand bows are now in someone other hands .......

Two feathers was kind enough to shoot his New Wood Legacy, another sweet bow.....

Bowmania, showed me his outstanding long bow elk, maybe he will post his story sometime,,,, He is one of the finest bowhunters that I know of, besides being such a nice guy.......

See you all on the trail

04-Feb-17
It was nice meeting all of the bowsiters. We are glad that you came out and made this the biggest trad shoot yet at Sherwood Forest. As you can see by Reggies pic the foliage was abused today. When I shot the course I noticed many nicks and gouges but nary an arrow lost. The Xmas ornaments sure took a pounding on the indoor range. We filled a shovel with parts and debris.

I sure doubt that no one went home hungry. Karens egg bake was a hit as usual, and RC's chili was completely sold out this year, and he makes a lot of chili.

All in all, the club was very happy with the turn out and there was many positive comments on what a great group the trad folks are. Like I always tell people. "It is like a wedding, except you like everyone".

Thank you to everyone that came out and I hope to see you at a shoot or WTA event.

04-Feb-17
Great shoot and the WTA is a great org!

05-Feb-17
I had a great time as well. The food was delicious. The course was set up well. It felt great to get out and shoot again. Good day. Thanks Greg for putting on a great shoot.

05-Feb-17
I enjoyed it. My only regret is that I didn't bring my grandson along to this shoot. He would have enjoyed it. Nice to meet guys from the Bowsite. Greg - great job with the shoot and again, great job as our WTA Prez! Thanks. Those antlers on the table were they for the club's big buck contest?

05-Feb-17
I am glad everyone had a good time. I enjoyed meeting everyone. Yes, those were there for the buck contest. The "little" ones there were mine. I came in second.

05-Feb-17
GVS Great shoot, glad to see all the shooters! It seemed there were more shooters this year than before! In two weeks the WTA Banquet in Wi. Point and then this starts all the Trad. shoots for 2017! Can't wait for the camping and campfires and ALL of the hunting stories! Again, GREAT Shoot!

Later

08-Feb-17
I heard the Waukesha County Sherriff Department was on scene and a Deputy was looking for Rancid Crabtree, anyone know what that was all about?

08-Feb-17
Its was the deputy that covers the Sussex station, came in, and had a great time, had coffee and talked with friends,,,,,,,

08-Feb-17
Yes, he was looking for RC and the rest of the WI Bowsite gang. He is an avid bowhunter, even shoot s trad. Used pot post here under broken antler I think or broken arrow.

08-Feb-17
The truth is they've been watching RC for some time. What better way than to mingle with his known associates? I heard a brand new Matthew's bow left Buck Rub and the word in the woods is that RC has it.

08-Feb-17
Wow now he's a thief . Guess times are tough .

08-Feb-17
No you idiot he won it, and I think he is going to donate it to someone,,,,,RC is a good guy and is always welcome at my camp

08-Feb-17
;-)

16-Feb-17
I sure wish I could have made it. I was really looking forward to it but had a last minute opportunity to spend some time with my dad in Phoenix and get paid to paint his neighbors house. I couldn't turn down the chance to get paid and have a 13 day vacation. I even got to take my dad to the golf tourney down there.(one of my customers from here had a private suite on the 16th hole and invited us!)

I want th say thank you to Craig from shawano for the build kit. I really appreciate it! I've been playing catchup at work since I got back so I haven't had a chance to grab it from Casey yet but I will soon. I owe you some beers Craig!

• Sitka Gear