NockTaker 09-Jan-17
RC 09-Jan-17
BC173 10-Jan-17
bill v 10-Jan-17
NockTaker 10-Jan-17
Flintknocker 18-Jan-17
RC 18-Jan-17
29-Dec-16
I know that this is a bowsite. I have been a longtime follower of bowsite. I believe that we are the more level headed of the hunting world. Now that we have had the semi auto rifles voted in for hunting and the crossbow rammed down our throats in archery season. How about the use of inlines and percussion muzzleloaders in the late muzzleloader season? Or do you think to many people will whine? Just my thought. How about yours.

29-Dec-16
It's only a matter of time.

29-Dec-16
It is just a matter of time, but I like it the way it is. In my experience with inlines they are as good as a single shot rifle at hunting distances we see in PA. Once inlines are included in the late season it will be more of the 'orange army' type hunting with drives etc. To me that doesn't make a good mix with late archery.

29-Dec-16
Not gonna happen, its a Flintlock season not a Muzzleloader season. Muzzleloader season is in Oct. and nothing more than a glorified single shot early doe rifle season that educates every deer that they are being hunted!

29-Dec-16
They need to look at the science of it all and how it effects the heard instead of who whines about what. I like how some states have muzzle loader season at the end of archery season before rifle season starts. When the crossbow thing began, I felt if they had a seperate crossbow license and season only, that would get me to maybe buy one, same with a muzzleloader. Would it work in PA? Who knows.

29-Dec-16
They need to look at the science of it all and how it effects the heard instead of who whines about what. I like how some states have muzzle loader season at the end of archery season before rifle season starts. When the crossbow thing began, I felt if they had a seperate crossbow license and season only, that would get me to maybe buy one, same with a muzzleloader. Would it work in PA? Who knows.

29-Dec-16
You guys are right. But, remember the archery people fought to keep crossbows out. But, look what happened. The flinters will just have to get over it, just like they said about the bowhunters.

29-Dec-16
I am not in the Semi inclusion camp, as I was not in the xbow camp either. And in all honesty what we think collectively as bow hunters is not really looked upon with open eyes. Until we get our numbers up with organizations like the UBP our voice for or against subjects is very limited. And I strongly believe that since our gun hunting population gets older some of the most obvious things we lack as a hunting state will come to fruition however, the older hunting communities and the PFB along with the Sportsman federation will not allow Pa to evolve.

If you are going to ear mark inclusions for Semi auto's to "Spray and Pray" our woods then allow us to hunt on Sundays.

29-Dec-16
I totally agree with you on Sunday hunting. Look at the millions that Pa. is losing by not allowing Sunday hunting. The Pa. residents that border states that have sunday hunting buy their licenses for that state also. For me, it is Ohio. I could get New York. But, I don't have any place to hunt there.

29-Dec-16
If it will sale, and be sold as too increase hunter numbers it will be voted in. Big business is in charge not the sportsmen, unfortunately.

29-Dec-16
The type of gun doesn't change a hunter, and a poacher will have been using semis for decades since they don't give a crap. Very few hunting states that have rifles legal for deer that don't have semi-autos legal.

I don't see anything going to hell in a handbasket any more than it did when tree stands were legalized....and they had more impact on the deer kill than the crossbow or compound did. And folks should beware of what they wish for; I remember when the gun hunters tried their best to keep bowhunters out of the woods altogether, and we had to fight like hell just to get a season. We are blessed with long seasons and I doubt the deer will be decimated when our hunter numbers as a whole has dropped drastically in the past two decades.

29-Dec-16
I don't really care what the PGC does anymore.

They don't give a crap about hunters, they are too busy catering to big business for $$$$$.

29-Dec-16
Inlines are like any other scoped single shot rifle. Flintlock and Late archery season is a primitive season. I hope it never happens myself. I don't think compounds or crossbows should be used during this season as well.

30-Dec-16
RC, I agree.. The PGC does cave to a certain few.. Every time. Look at the PFB, those guys just dial up the "gonna take ground away" routine and they back down EVERY TIME.. Sad, and so not even get the UFS started. Those guys and the "no deer" chant have tried ruling and bullying for the last few decades, it is stupid.

31-Dec-16
RC, I don't give a crap either. If you don't care it doesn't hurt so bad.

Art, I respect you more than most but that word "science" is what got us into this situation in the first place.

Screw science!

31-Dec-16
What's the difference if your whining for it, or whining against it. Whining is whining. Like Roy said: " They ( PGC ) don't give a crap about hunters, they are too busy catering to big business for $$$$$. " The PGC should just make one long season from September through January and allow the use of any weapon someone wants and be done with it.

31-Dec-16
Science is a lot better than fairy tales. You can prove things if you follow the science. I prefer science over crooked and uneducated politicians not letting the pgc do what is right. A long time ago the pgc told the ubp that there is no reason why we should not be hunting from mid september to the end of january with bows. Know why we do not have that? The non-bow hunting whiners that complain to our politicians, who worry more about getting re-elected, do not want to trust the science.

31-Dec-16
Science is a lot better than fairy tales. You can prove things if you follow the science. I prefer science over crooked and uneducated politicians not letting the pgc do what is right. A long time ago the pgc told the ubp that there is no reason why we should not be hunting from mid september to the end of january with bows. Know why we do not have that? The non-bow hunting whiners that complain to our politicians, who worry more about getting re-elected, do not want to trust the science.

31-Dec-16

31-Dec-16

31-Dec-16
Snow on the ground and didn't see a hunter or hear a shot fired in a practically unlimited tag area 2B. Strange.

31-Dec-16
Too sick to go out this afternoon. Lots of tracks in the snow in the yard. Saw tons of deer along route 79 in Washington county yesterday on the way home.

01-Jan-17
OK, OK, Horsethief, we heard you the first time! LOL

Regardless of our politics or even if we agree or not, it feels awfully good to sneak through the snow with a longbow in your hand. Three bedded does saw me at the same time I saw them today. Game over. :)

01-Jan-17
Had the woods to myself yesterday, didn't hear a single shot or see another hunter.

01-Jan-17
That's one reason why I don't worry about more longer seasons or a special trad season. We have plenty of time to kill a deer now, even with a stick bow. So why piss and moan for a trad only season? Go out the next few weeks and the woods will be all yours.

01-Jan-17
Why buy land when I can just hunt it when you're not home??

01-Jan-17
LOL....... celebrating my birthday last night, thank you.

02-Jan-17
I would prefer that we had an early flintlock season, and leave the scoped inlines for a later season.

02-Jan-17
deleted duplicate

06-Jan-17
Thanks for noticing captain obvious! Ron did you ride the short bus when you went to school??

06-Jan-17
Ron did you ride the short bus when you went to school??

He still does.. LOL

08-Jan-17
It would be great if the early muzzleloader sean was all by itself in late september along with the youth anterless season, dealy archery season one week and have it end with the archery bear season, does this make to much sense? Why can I shoot a bear in the rifle deer season but it is not combined in the archery season?? I can only harvesr one antlered deer and one bear! But I buy a bear license and an archery stamp and in order to hunt them it is two seperate seasons! I can buy a bear license and regular license and during the rifle season at 100 yards I can on the same day shoot either but two seperate seasons with a bow ? Am I asking for the world here or just a slight change?

08-Jan-17
Are you asking for archery deer and archery bear to over lap? Could happen sooner than you think.

08-Jan-17
Yes i am asking for overlap my good man it already exists in some bear rich units with a rifle

09-Jan-17
UBP has trying to get the PGC to do that the last week of bow season for some time. WE need about 10,000 more members.

09-Jan-17
What about having the muzzleloader season before archery. Then have archery up to the Saturday before rifle season. Just a thought...

09-Jan-17
IMO the In lines should be in the gun season not in the bow season . I have said this for years it is a safety issue! Now I'm waiting for this post to be pulled.

09-Jan-17
All ya whiners need to move out of state. Ya cry and cry and cry, For pitty sakes, it's just a damn deer...

Follow Herd or Bill V around, they get a dozen deer a year between them.. How?

10-Jan-17
Lol

10-Jan-17
Just what I need :) a bunch of people following me around :)

Run Forrest Run!

10-Jan-17
It wil be me Bill V. Lol

18-Jan-17
No comment.

18-Jan-17
WOW-WOW-WOW.............. That's is amazing... First thing for everything I surmise:)

• Sitka Gear