Pennsylvania
Contributors to this thread:
EShea 29-Dec-16
bill v 29-Dec-16
EShea 30-Dec-16
bill v 30-Dec-16
EShea 31-Dec-16
29-Dec-16
Hello, Have not posted on Pa site for many years, glad to see many of the same characters from 5+ yrs ago. Looking for advice for hunting Colorado in 2017 for bull elk. All DIY options are open for any elk season. I have 2 preference points and very limited elk hunting experience. Hunted unit 42 in Colorado yrs ago. Just looking for any advice anyone may have on public ground, DIY hunts. I am not asking for anyone's secret spot, just some advice/guidance on unit(s) you have had success in the past. Thanks for any reply!

29-Dec-16
age? shape? type of hunt? diy, drop camp, bivy, horses, daily in-out?

bill v

30-Dec-16
Thanks for the reply Bill. Very good shape and willing to work to get to hard to reach areas. Late 40's agewise. Will be a DIY hunt out of main tent, with interest in spike camp if it gets me closer to action. Options are open for archery or rifle

30-Dec-16
well, the white river herd is (i think) the largest herd anywhere. if your that energenic a and can handle the altitude of 10k to 12k I have something for you to look at check out the "flattops" Google it. poke around a little with units 12, 24 ,33,25 and others in that area

get back to me

31-Dec-16
Thanks Bill, sent you a private reply.

• Sitka Gear