shawnm 26-Feb-17
Wild Bill 27-Feb-17
shawnm 27-Feb-17
notme 27-Feb-17
Dr. Williams 27-Feb-17
notme 27-Feb-17
bigbuckbob 28-Feb-17
02-Jan-17
Just this year on this site I've seen some monsters taken. Got me thinking what have I missed out on this site in the past years. I'd love to see the biggest buck you have ever taken and a little story with it.. Where.. When..etc.. Obviously you all know mine..

02-Jan-17

shawnm's MOBILE embedded Photo
shawnm's MOBILE embedded Photo

9 point dressed at 194

02-Jan-17

02-Jan-17

Woodsnut's embedded Photo
Woodsnut's embedded Photo
November 2013. It was last day of gun youth gun season and my son chose not to go. So I went with bow in hand and go my biggest to date 12 point scored 153 5/8. I called home and got him to help drag it out of the woods.

02-Jan-17

Tall 1's embedded Photo
Big 10 pointer
Tall 1's embedded Photo
Big 10 pointer
Tall 1's embedded Photo
Tall 1's embedded Photo
Nov 16th 2012 9:15 am. Came in to check scrapes. Scored 148" P&Y

02-Jan-17

drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo
The three amigo's. Blackjack, Chewy and Crazy Eight. Never had any scored.

02-Jan-17

drslyr's embedded Photo
drslyr's embedded Photo
and this one will be joining the group this yr.

02-Jan-17

Brian M. 's embedded Photo
I think this is my biggest bow kill. Taken 12/7/15. I've shot a couple bigger with rifle, but most proud of this one. "IF" I measured him correctly, he only scores 116 gross. Looks bigger to me, but only has 6 score-able points.

02-Jan-17

Gene's embedded Photo
Gene's embedded Photo
October 8 1990 12 point, 202 dressed, 166 5/8 gross, 154 4/8 net taken in Washington CT. I did take a 9 point in 2005 (rifle) that dressed 207 in New Brunswick so I guess that one's bigger!

02-Jan-17

steve's embedded Photo
steve's embedded Photo
1981 shotgun gross 170 net 165 ct 10 pt

02-Jan-17

steve's embedded Photo
steve's embedded Photo
Oct 31 maybe 2010 deer on left one on right maybe early 90 s 2 bow kills

02-Jan-17
The biggest were taken before digital pics but Steve and gene have real trophy racks! Very nice guys

02-Jan-17

nehunter's embedded Photo
Newbury Archery
Newbury Archery
CT 183" 14 point weighed 205#. It was the highest scoring Deer for CT in 2010. I was with my daughter and she shot a nice 8 pt from same stand. Notme was there when I had it weighed. Had 6 Years of trail camera pictures of him

02-Jan-17

Birdman's MOBILE embedded Photo
Birdman's MOBILE embedded Photo

Muzzleloader December 22, 2008. Missed with the first two shots third shot drilled him. Dumb deer to let me get 3 shots off with a muzzleloader!! Rather be lucky than good sometimes!!

02-Jan-17

SILVERADO's embedded Photo
My biggest to date Oct 29th 2010. 136 7/8"

02-Jan-17

BoneHead's embedded Photo
129" bow kill in naugy
129" bow kill in naugy

02-Jan-17

140" Alberta bow kill
140" Alberta bow kill

02-Jan-17

Not sure what he measures, but If i had to guess id think the low 130s. My biggest CT bow kill. Shot and Washington this year.
Not sure what he measures, but If i had to guess id think the low 130s. My biggest CT bow kill. Shot and Washington this year.

02-Jan-17

Middlebury bow kill
Middlebury bow kill

02-Jan-17

I figured I would add this one to my list, my first and heaviest big buck. Sept 2006, scored 131" and dressed at 212.

02-Jan-17

Chuck>>>-------->'s embedded Photo
Chuck>>>-------->'s embedded Photo
Euro only coyotes ruined cape overnight scored 142

03-Jan-17
Chuck - is that a cedar arrow?

03-Jan-17
Yes I have a collection of old cedar arrows I use with my stick and string doing spot and stalks but its not what took this deer. It just looked better for the mount.

03-Jan-17

dkbowhunt's embedded Photo
11/4/16, I never had him scored but what an awesome hunt

03-Jan-17

ROBZ7's embedded Photo
ROBZ7's embedded Photo
December 10 2013 . Had been after him for 3 years . Just shy of 150 class buck . Beams were 25 3/8 and 25 1/8 with 24 5/8 spread , moment I'll never forget . I've shot a lot of nice deer but this one is most special .

03-Jan-17

BOBHUNT71's embedded Photo
8pt with a muzzle loader , 9 point with a rifle , skull mount with the bow haven't connected with a bow buck big enough for the wall yet .

03-Jan-17

03-Jan-17

03-Jan-17
nice ceiling mount, different ;)

03-Jan-17

BuckSkinner's embedded Photo
BuckSkinner's embedded Photo
All Three are Connecticut Bucks

03-Jan-17

DeerDan 's embedded Photo
DeerDan 's embedded Photo
My biggest so far pope and young 152

03-Jan-17

grizzlyadam's embedded Photo
grizzlyadam's embedded Photo
My biggest rack, not biggest body. I taped him at 136 gross. 2008 second day of state land shotgun in Barkhamstead. It was 15 degrees that morning and it was super loud walking in. Up in a new tree that morning, and when the sun started to come up there was a big hemlock branch right in front of my face. I reached out and tried to break it quietly. No such luck, it made a very loud snap. He heard it from way off and came right in walking fast, sounded like a freight train. Stopped in front of me broadside at 25 yards looking around for the source of the noise. Boom!!

04-Jan-17

Richm444's embedded Photo
I was going to start a thread on what mounts you have but this thread pretty much covers that

My biggest physically was the 5.5 year old I got this season but his rack was average with a broken G3 and brow tine- he must have weighed in the high 200s. I could not drag him an inch on a tarp - I can pick up and carry my 70 pound goldens effortlessly and yet could not move that deer. After gutting him and removing his hind quarters I was able to barely getting him up on my tail hitch rack

A got a nice 4.5 year old with a 22 inch spread 10 years ago -

Also in pictures is my first buck - a 2.5 year old 8 pointer - weighed a whopping 118 pounds

Caribou - from Mirage Lodge in Canada - non typical - I tagged out in 30 seconds - shot the lead bull and saw this guy running at the back of the pack.

Russian Boar from a preserve in upstate New York - I will never hunt a stocked animal of any kind ever again.

04-Jan-17

04-Jan-17
drslyr your deer has the same busted G3 as my deer - I am having mine mounted as is despite that the taxi said they could fix it - how are you doing yours ?

04-Jan-17
I'd have to say guys there's not one of these deer that wouldn't make me drool and have my heart pound out of my chest.. These are some absolute gorgeous bucks.. I love the racks and the little stories with them. Beautiful specimens.. I love the mounts to. Very nice and I'd be proud of any one of these.. Great job guys and keep them coming!!

04-Jan-17

hookee's embedded Photo
hookee's embedded Photo
Here's a mule deer I harvested on a diy hunt in the big horn mtns in Wyoming - have a cabin up there and looking to go again this October - may be looking for some company if anyone is interested

Not my biggest but one of the most memorable with my buddies

05-Jan-17
Many many impressive deer - I love the pics -

I have to say that woodsnut, gene, robz7 have some real show stoppers man -

06-Jan-17
Huge bodied 3 pointer. Over 200 pounder.

I shot a nice 8 but he was only 130 pounds dressed.

06-Jan-17

rjamesmac's embedded Photo
rjamesmac's embedded Photo
2013 backyard buck in Warren. Didn't get it scored but had it aged at 6 1/2.

06-Jan-17
That's a beauty Rj!

07-Jan-17
Wow looks like some nice deer, just think of the ones we did not see.

25-Jan-17

GF's embedded Photo
Believe it or not, each of these was my biggest so far when I shot them; less than a hundred yards apart.
GF's embedded Photo
Believe it or not, each of these was my biggest so far when I shot them; less than a hundred yards apart.
GF's embedded Photo
A few years on down the road, I got this guy , maybe 50-60 yards from the 7-point. You can see a bit of a family resemblance... I call this one 2X4. Looks like about the same size, right??
GF's embedded Photo
A few years on down the road, I got this guy , maybe 50-60 yards from the 7-point. You can see a bit of a family resemblance... I call this one 2X4. Looks like about the same size, right??
GF's embedded Photo
He didn't look like much as he came in, but I wasn't in a mood to be choosy. But he's like a whole different species!
GF's embedded Photo
He didn't look like much as he came in, but I wasn't in a mood to be choosy. But he's like a whole different species!

26-Jan-17
GF - you got a double header!! Very different.

26-Jan-17
Now, that would REALLY be a different species!

The difference in skull size is exaggerated because it's tipped back about 45 degrees, but it's the best way to show the difference in rack size....

26-Jan-17
Wow gf. Definitely same genetics.. Nice bucks and what a difference in size. If we got 71 people on roll call how come one 15 posted there biggest buck. Problem is more than half of those people are not active on this site but maybe once a month

26-Jan-17
Yeah, interesting genetics up there. First deer I ever got on that property was a 13" spike on one side and busted off at the base on the other... But he was bigger-bodied and his neck was scarred up something crazy, so I figure he was probably 2.5 years.

As for the rest of them, it's interesting that the left brow tine was largest on the first one shot and gone completely by the last.

I don't know if that means that there has been a dominant buck in that area for a very long time, or if the doe-culling efforts have resulted in fewer young bucks being forced out of their natal territories... The natural way of things is for routine shake-ups of the genetic dice...

Anybody else notice a lack of left brow tines in the Ridgefield area?

26-Jan-17

If it had 4" brows it would be P&Y
If it had 4" brows it would be P&Y
Lack of brow tines is a CT genetic. I'm in NW corner and 75% of the 2-3 Year old's have one or no brow tines. Short tines without mass is another trait up here. BUT there are a few that make your jaw drop.

27-Jan-17
Wow what a rack nehunter. I've noticed the same thing in my area. The brow tines are tiny and I didn't even get one on camera with descent tines. Definitely a genetic thing. Maybe we need to head to Kansas and Texas and dart some of the biggest bucks they got and we will come drop them off here in ct..lol.. Actually we will head to Saskatchewan and grab some of there's to.. O ya and we will drop them off in zones 12 and 11.. I'm sure the rest of ct would be fine with that!!! Lol..

27-Jan-17
nehunter - now that's a nice rack!! Private or state land?

27-Jan-17
Beauty! Think I saw one pretty close to that size one year in Ridgefield - not well enough to see if he had any brows or not, but I WOULD HAVE if I hadn't been running over an hour late on my hunt that day.... He was trailing a half-dozen does and they had just passed within a few yards of the tree that I had planned to sit on that day...

Keeps you coming back, though, doesn't it?

27-Jan-17

Shot in Salisbury (private property). He had a sweet tooth for apples and that got him killed.

28-Jan-17
nehunter - never hunted private land in the NW corner other than GMF. What have you seen over the past say 20 years? Is it the same as state land where the numbers are much lower today?

28-Jan-17
bbb, I have been hunting private land for 25+ Years in NW corner. I could fill my 4 tags in two weekends. About 10 Years ago the populations dropped, I used to see Deer in almost every field at dusk, now your lucky to see a few. What has changed is the quality of the Bucks. I have 18 private land permission slips and some don't have enough deer to even hunt the place. I do have State Land access through some private and I sometimes hunt there when I fill my private tags. Its tough when every tree on the property is an Oak and all have acorns.

Same scenario with Turkeys, have to work at it to fill the tags.

28-Jan-17

I keep hearing the genetic thing about the brow tines, maybe not in Zone 11 or at least at my spots.

28-Jan-17

28-Jan-17

28-Jan-17
O boy here come the tine pics. I love it!!!

28-Jan-17

Guess, I have just Been lucky. Lol sometimes it's a lot better to be lucky than good. ; )

28-Jan-17
O ya Silverado I forgot to ask where are your spots again?? Lol.. I love the deer with those big tines.

28-Jan-17
Ha everyone of those deer are from different Southwest CT towns. All zone 11.

28-Jan-17
Nehunter , turkeys used to be all over the NW corner, could see them everywhere, not the same now.

28-Jan-17

Turkeys are in abundance. Come spring hopefully they are still around.

29-Jan-17

Zack's embedded Photo
Zack's embedded Photo
Zack's embedded Photo
Zack's embedded Photo

Zack's Link
This is my best buck I have ever taken. I took it with a rifle in Kansas in 2003,it has 16 scoreable points and a gross score around 172"

Biggest Archery Buck in supporting link from trophy photos/harvest reports here on Bowsite.

25-Feb-17
That's a monster Zack.. Wow.. Speechless

26-Feb-17

Dr. Deer's embedded Photo
Dr. Deer's embedded Photo
Biggest was shot with a single shot rifle at bow range in Wilton, before sub-developments took over the area.

26-Feb-17
Wow.. What a bruiser... Did you get him aged?? He looks like an old boy!!

27-Feb-17

Wild Bill's embedded Photo
Wild Bill's embedded Photo
Most points.

27-Feb-17
Wow.. Next time someone complains or says to us there's no big deer in ct we need to direct them to this post.. These are some really nice deer..

27-Feb-17
Noooo,Shawn no!!!! Bad bad bad Shawn!!!!...nothing in Connecticut but yuppies and piped plovers..

27-Feb-17

Dr. Williams's embedded Photo
Dr. Williams's embedded Photo
And single digit deer densities...

27-Feb-17
There ya go dt,best one in the bunch

28-Feb-17
Biggest smile for sure, special.

My biggest buck? I haven't shot him yet. If I don't think that way I'm not sure I'd go out again :) I'm always thinking the next time out is the day when I get him.

• Sitka Gear