Bloodtrail 02-Jan-17
Pasquinell 02-Jan-17
Kevin 02-Jan-17
Novemberforever 02-Jan-17
Tweed 11-Jan-17
02-Jan-17
My neighbor owns property in Racine Wi. It has a house and 20 acres. He knocked on my door asking if a structure on 4x4 posts with camo sides, windows and an extension cord running 500 yards to it was legal? He said the guy was hunting from it. I said yes, legal but the cord was a danger. He then said his renter has corn piles strategically placed in four different places around the structure. I told him that was illegal and he stated he cares less about the corn and more about potential fines on structure and hazard of cord running so far. Get address and call DNR? I like this neighbor so....

02-Jan-17
it sounds like the renter is the one who built the structure and not the landowner, am I correct? Any permanent structure must have a permit down here. It also must be at least ten feet from any property line.(I'm guessing this structure is not that close to the line so that's probably not an issue). 500 yds of chord is a hell of a lot of chord and I would think the guys circuit breaker would be blowing every time he turned on the power to the structure. I wouldn't necessarily worry about a fire hazard from the chord providing the box is up to date and using modern breakers and not the old screw in ones. As far as the baiting issue goes I called on a structure like this a couple weeks ago. When I'm done hunting I usually take a ride around the area. One of the roads I take is East River rd. And I noticed bait piles around the structure. The bait was easily seen from the road and I called it in. I never heard any update but I didn't expect one either. I have however not seen any bait there since about three days after I called. Baiting is illegal and a violator is just that no matter how big/small we think the violation is.

If the landowner is concerned about the chord but doesn't mind the renter hunting then he should tell the renter to get rid of the chord. He owns the land he can make the rules for what is allowed on it. He can make the renter sign something that would create a monetary penalty if he catches the chord still out there. (Fire hazard clause) He(the landowner) should tell the renter that baiting is illegal here and unless he wants a ticket he'd better stop violating. If the renter wants to continue living and hunting there I would think he would be willing to follow the rules. If he can't follow the rules then kick his ass out or at least tell him he's not allowed to hunt the property anymore. If you like your neighbor, just encourage him to take care of the baiting situation without being confrontational. Most people respond well to reasonable suggestions. If he says he won't make the tenant stop baiting then I think your sol in that regard. It's better to keep your neighbor as your friend then meddle in something that could cost him money if the tenant pays the rent regularly.

02-Jan-17
Sorry - hard to see on phone.

02-Jan-17
I would turn in my mother for baiting. That must be s 1 inch cord to carry the volts. So the neighbor initial concern was pulling a building permit? Lol. Call the warden for baiting. May be woodsdweller/bear chili dude.

02-Jan-17
Yea, he isn't a hunter and was concerned about the structure and needing a permit. I think I am going to try to get the address. Neighbor is cool but whatever. I told him we were in a no baiting area but he said he could care less about that.

02-Jan-17
Yes Crusader the renter built it. As far as cord goes, it was the landowner expressing concern over a fire hazard. 500 yards was a number thrown. I have never been there. Owner said he walked the property and found he is a "serious" hunter because he has cameras too. I shared the law on corn with him. (Landowner)' he said four piles. The more I think about it the more I am agitated about it.

02-Jan-17
Being a sportsman I would focus on the baitng violation and let God deal with the rest....

02-Jan-17
So I called my neighbor. He wasn't happy about me inquiring, but also gave up info. It's supposed to be an old girl scout camp soooo how can I get address???

02-Jan-17
You could cross reference your neighbors name with property owners on the racine county GIS server.

02-Jan-17
Pasq, call the warden, meet him and walk him into the rc poachin pos.

02-Jan-17
Woods, you are sn expert on illegal poachin baiters.

02-Jan-17
Yes an the human cactus rc still lurks.

11-Jan-17
Pasquinell- anything ever come of this?

• Sitka Gear