lame crowndip 06-Jan-17
Bluemarlin 06-Jan-17
Novemberforever 06-Jan-17
Drop Tine 06-Jan-17
Drop Tine 07-Jan-17
buckmaster69 07-Jan-17
10BUCKS 08-Jan-17
04-Jan-17
Would you be interested in paying an additional license plate fee (say $25 a year) if you could purchase a license plate with a Whitetail buck on it, like Minnesota offers?

The majority of the extra $25 would go to the DNR budget.... perhaps eartagged for public hunting land opportunities?

I know I would.

04-Jan-17
Count me in. I'd be happy to help purchase and pay taxes on something outdoorsman can actually use, especially land. There not making any more of it...

04-Jan-17
I'd buy one

04-Jan-17
Well, I'm from Minnesota and I'll tell you that lovely deer license plate is a nice little reminder of the good old days when WE ACTUALLY HAD DEER! Go ahead, pay extra and get your deer plates, but your state will piss the revenue away just as quick as ours. They will tell you they're going to improve habitat or something worthwhile, but in reality they will take it and fund some stupid project for a user group that pays nothing...a paved bike trail for example...but you won't see one more single deer than before you bought the plate. You want a deer plate you can have mine..

04-Jan-17
even if only 250,000 Wisconsin cars got the "buck plates".... it would generate millions per year of additional revenue. Can't understand why the state hasn't offered one yet.

04-Jan-17
It does cost something to run the program, printing the plates, managing the program, etc. As long as the return on the investment is good and it is totally voluntary I see no reason not to do it.

The argument would be different plates for different causes. i.e. buy huntable land for the public, support state parks, fishing opportunities, access roads, build more boat landings, and so on.

By the way, the state is not just selling land at random. They are selling parcels that either do not have public access or is not the right fit to be owned by the state. For example one parcel north of Hayward was offered to the county first as it is adjacent to county forest. (county did not want to buy it as it was mostly wet land and had little opportunity to produce any timber harvest. Maybe they are fishing for a lower price.) Others are maybe a few acres surrounded by other small private parcels. There was one of those for sale down around Winter last year.

04-Jan-17
I would pay the extra for a nice wildlife plate, wolves excluded though. I think it's about time for new plates anyway as mine are a mess and the registration tags are sticking out about an inch. lol

04-Jan-17
Don't we already have wildlife plates?

04-Jan-17
I think the state should get rid of all the special plates, just get an ordinary plate, and save a ton of money,,,,, also you do not need a front plate either, another waste of money

04-Jan-17
I am more trying to gauge people's interest in getting a Whitetail themed license plate for a reasonable yearly fee.

Please don't get all bogged down on the politics/where the money goes issue. Just pretend it goes directly to something outdoors related that you support.

Also, I NEVER said it would lead to more deer being seen. I just mentioned perhaps the net revenue being used towards public hunting access. I'm a private land owner, and RARELY go on public land anyway. As long as the profit went to some type of outdoor project (except anything PRO-wolves) I'd be fine with it. I just want a plate to show I am an outdoorsman.

04-Jan-17
Some of you miserable SOBs are just awful. You find a way to piss on everything.

TRY, just ONCE, to stay on topic.

04-Jan-17
Best way would be for WBH or whitetails unlimited to start a plate with the state, much like the DU state plates here in WI. RMEF has a similar program out west. A portion of each plate goes to cover your membership in the organization. I would imagine the organization would have to show that they assume the state would sell x amount of plates. There also might be some sort of set up fee to the state.

04-Jan-17
Razor- no disrespect but save a ton of money how? Cost of making them? Inmates incarcerated can make them. I would do it in a heartbeat. Always wanted a Packer plate.

04-Jan-17

Naz 's Link
I suggested a deer plate a decade ago, got cool reception and never pushed it. Always believed a great "art" shot of whitetails and a sunset would be awesome and sell well, with wildlife/habitat benefitting. Now Whitetails Unlimited has one in Wisconsin, done last year, issuing beginning this month I believe. If it's just a WTU logo vs. an artsy shot my guess is it will be picked up by diehard WTU fans but not be a huge seller.

04-Jan-17
"Please don't get all bogged down on the politics/where the money goes issue. Just pretend it goes directly to something outdoors related that you support."

Ok, fair enough, if I have to "pretend" then my answer is NO I WOULD NOT BE INTERESTED AN ADDITIONAL FEE.

04-Jan-17
Through in a musky with the Deer plate How about a conservation patron license! Great revenue to manage programs with!

04-Jan-17
Some people just love paying taxes. We are one of the highest taxed states in the nation. It will be a cold day in you know where before I volunteer to give the government more money to p#$$ away.

04-Jan-17
Count me in.

04-Jan-17
no

05-Jan-17
Nope

05-Jan-17
I'd get one as long as I don't have to buy a doe plate first to earn a buck plate (EAP)

05-Jan-17
+1 What shorty said.

05-Jan-17
EAP, good one PB!

06-Jan-17
Definite no...don't wear advertising (such as a NFL team) on my car. If you'd like to wear an animal picture on your vehicle....just get a sticker and it will be cheaper.

06-Jan-17
Wisconsin is issuing a Whitetails Unlimited and an Elk foundation plate starting in 2017.

06-Jan-17
Tags cost $450/year in my state so whats another $25?

06-Jan-17
After just getting back from Missouri where I averaged seeing 11 doe and 3 bucks a day it's 25 bucks I can use to get my arse back there again next year.

07-Jan-17
"No , just eliminate MFL tax breaks."

What would that do to eliminate a shortfall in the DNR budget?

07-Jan-17
Drop Tine don't waste your time talking to him.

08-Jan-17
No.

• Sitka Gear