onX Maps
Who's bowhunting tomorrow in the FREEZE?
Pennsylvania
Contributors to this thread:
HerdManager 06-Jan-17
Bowhunting 5C 06-Jan-17
BSKED (mobile) 06-Jan-17
bill v 06-Jan-17
hawkeye in PA 06-Jan-17
RC 06-Jan-17
bill v 06-Jan-17
BSKED (mobile) 06-Jan-17
Reid15 06-Jan-17
Red Beastmaster 07-Jan-17
Bob McArthur 07-Jan-17
huntr4477 07-Jan-17
DCNOE 07-Jan-17
longsprings 08-Jan-17
horsethief51 08-Jan-17
horsethief51 08-Jan-17
Bowhunting 5C 09-Jan-17
Bob McArthur 09-Jan-17
RC 09-Jan-17
Bowhunting 5C 09-Jan-17
HerdManager 09-Jan-17
Rut Nut 10-Jan-17
Bob McArthur 10-Jan-17
Bob McArthur 10-Jan-17
Bowhunting 5C 10-Jan-17
RC 10-Jan-17
Rut Nut 11-Jan-17
RC 11-Jan-17
Rut Nut 12-Jan-17
06-Jan-17
Wind chills tomorrow will be 0-5 Fahrenheit. I'll be out at first light, in the Heater Body Suit. Planning to sit for 6-7 hours. Will do a live hunt, but with limited entries since I have to take gloves off to type on phone.

Who else is joining me in the insanity??

06-Jan-17
I will be out. With temps like this, yup we are a little touched, but they gotta move. Feeding the engine is what drives deer when the temps drop...

06-Jan-17
I'll be out. Love the cold weather to get the deer up and moving. If you have a food source, you'll have some deer.

06-Jan-17
Ill join in the semi live if I can stand the air, been sick for over 2 weeks, we'll see if the lungs can handle it!

bill v

06-Jan-17
Was out and cut some tracks, coyote is following one of the deer. Seen alot of fox tracks also. Wasn't to bad especially on the East side with the sun. Quite a difference on the West side with the wind!

06-Jan-17
Ill join in the semi live if I can stand the air, been sick for over 2 weeks

Bill, you have been sick for a looong time:)

06-Jan-17
RC. don't tell anyone, ok?

lol

06-Jan-17
The lungs and air ain't what he's talking bout Bill.

06-Jan-17
I'll be out. Snow on the ground helps us colorblind guys track.

07-Jan-17
It's 11 degrees and breezy.

It feels pretty good sitting here in front of the propane fireplace reading Bowsite. There's longbow killed wild hog vegetable soup cooking on the stove. Ahhhhhh.

Yeah, I'm a wuss.

07-Jan-17

Bob McArthur's embedded Photo

07-Jan-17
Another wuss here. I got up this morning and turned the news on,7 degrees! I took the "extra sleep" option. But I DID get outside after noon,when the temps hit double digits,and cut and split a truckload of firewood. Bob

07-Jan-17
Hunted 5D....2 1/2 hours in the morning and 2 hours this afternoon no deer. Perfect weather cold, snow, and light winds. Great day regardless!

08-Jan-17
I was out pre dawn, saw a saw small reack buck and scored on a nice doe. Nice to be lucky once in a while. Always thankful i can still do this

08-Jan-17
The last deer I shot in Montgomery County was about 15 years ago in a foot of snow on a January day when it was 9 degrees out. I was bundled up and could hardly pull my bow back. Made a quick kill pretty early that morning and Bigdaddy (Wayne S.) dragged my deer back up the hill for me.

08-Jan-17

horsethief51 's embedded Photo
horsethief51 's embedded Photo
This was the guy (not the deer). Anybody seen him lately?

09-Jan-17
5D was a dud Saturday. A cold bitter winter day with some snow. Usually money but it was not happening. Plenty of pics still all over, but rarely some during the day. 3 Saturdays left... Can't kill them from the couch.

09-Jan-17

Sunday, 1/8/2017. Time - 10:30 a.m. Ground blind in lower right corner. Deer 20 yards away. If I was in DE or NJ, I would be preparing for a shot. But see, I'm In PA, and it's Sunday, so I can only take pictures because of stupid no Sunday hunting laws.

09-Jan-17
Oh Boo Who Who............ I see the railing on your deck.

09-Jan-17
Some day, before I am to old to enjoy it. Pa will evolve into a forward thinking state to allow us who want to hunt on Sundays to do so.

09-Jan-17
You mean, before our kids are too old to enjoy it..........

10-Jan-17
Sunday, 1/8/2017. Time - 10:30 a.m. Ground blind in lower right corner. Deer 20 yards away. If I was in DE or NJ, I would be preparing for a shot. But see, I'm In PA, and it's Sunday, so I can only take pictures because of stupid no Sunday hunting laws.

10:30 on Sunday? You shoulda been in CHURCH Bob! ;-)

10-Jan-17
Perry,

That IS Church.

10-Jan-17
Tuesday, 1/10/2017. Time - 2:17 p.m. I receive a call at work from Gene King. In a round about way he's asking me if he can hunt at my house. I told him he'd be crazy not to go over to the house. I say that he should get in the ground blind...yes, the one in the above picture. I tell him to call me back & let me know what he's going to do, 2:45 p.m., Gene calls, he's at the house. Said he was standing in the drive looking at one of my ladderstands at the edge of the woods, six or seven doe stood up by the stand. He doesn't even have his bow uncased, LOL. I told him what the deer will do when he goes back there...& I told him when they should start returning. I'm hoping my pal kills something, he probably will. The neighbors would be happy.

10-Jan-17
You let Gene hunt at your house? Well one thing is for sure... The booze at work is not watered down... Just kidding, Gene is a good guy and a heck of a shot. You want some one to kill a bunch, he is your guy.

10-Jan-17
Yup and Ole McQuacker sure as heck can't shoot..

11-Jan-17
No wonder there's so many deer there! ;-)

11-Jan-17
Yup and he still has the first McKenzie deer target he bought 20 years ago. Hardly has any holes in it:)

12-Jan-17
LOL! :)

• Sitka Gear