Jeff Durnell 07-Jan-17
RC 08-Jan-17
Bob McArthur 09-Jan-17
HARRY CARRY 09-Jan-17
George D. Stout 11-Jan-17
George D. Stout 11-Jan-17
hawkeye in PA 12-Jan-17
07-Jan-17
We shoot the flint round on Tuesdays, stickbow night. Use to shoot the 300 or 600 rounds but some of them wheel guys get way to serious. We have fun and alternate different targets from week to week. Also have a club 20 miles away that has a stickbow indoor 3D shoot, hope to attend that some this winter.

07-Jan-17
Justin, I haven't done the indoor shoot thing in decades, but I do a little small game hunting and stump shooting this time of year. The cold and new snow makes for the perfect conditions to stillhunt rabbits with the bow if you could find any interest in that.

I don't watch organized sports, so with hunting waning now, I tend to spend more time making bows, arrows, knives, tanning, leather work and such. Today I worked on prepping turkey wing bones for calls and steaming and bending osage bow staves. Tomorrow will be more of the same.

I don't shoot much this time of year, but I wouldn't mind going out to the bow club in winter's calm and silence, and shooting the bale course in the snow one of these days just for the zen of it

08-Jan-17
This shoot...

http://forums.bowsite.com/tf/regional/thread.cfm?threadid=231249&messages=17&state=PA

09-Jan-17
Wapiti Archers has a 3D shoot the 1st & 5th Sunday of every month, rain, snow. or shine. Clover Leaf Archery has a 3D shoot the second Sunday of every month, rain, snow, or shine. There's a PLA shoot the weekend in February at Clover Leaf. There are indoor leagues Monday - Thursday evenings at Clover Leaf.

You can also shoot the courses any time if you're a member of either club, which I am.

09-Jan-17
stick n string: RC posted a link to the "Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers" Winter 2016-2017 3D schedule, of which the next shoot is Sunday, January 22, in Alverton PA, between Mount Pleasant and Scottdale, in Westmoreland County. I'd like to invite you, "stick", if your travel and time schedule permits. The shoot follows our normal formula: trying to have fun, by way of an outside 3D course that's set up by an imaginative Crew. Non-competitive, unless whoever you might shoot with wants to create some "in group" competition. If you're on Facebook, look up "Strictly Sticks Traditional Archers", or find previous threads here on the PA Bowsite for more details.

We're all trying to get through these evil cold and depressing months. At least, with a bit of imagination, something can be found to do involving the bow and arrow.

(Thanks, RC, for your post....)

11-Jan-17
Stumping year round, and a few field rounds during the summer. Indoor archery is great for cold weather, and usually creates some fun camaraderie. Wouldn't care if I never shot another 3D course; they are so much alike...30 targets mostly and one shot per target. I prefer the field archery rounds we used to shoot in the 60's and 70's. Still a few around in Johnstown and Berlin....also Cumberland, Md.

11-Jan-17

George D. Stout's embedded Photo
Never know what you will find.
Never know what you will find.
Some old round bales in various states of decay. Makes a great stumping target.
Some old round bales in various states of decay. Makes a great stumping target.
Stumping is year round fun.

12-Jan-17
Not sure how I forgot to mention Strictly Sticks outdoor 3D shoot during the winter, fantastic shoot. We also have a few other 3D shoots to go to that are for vertical bows. Sometimes the weather separates the men from the boys, but I'm not referring to road conditions. Safety first.

• Sitka Gear